Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

eBay Cyber Attack - Recommend Change Password

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I am not sure how many, or even if, folks in SA, who trade on eBay, may be impacted, but....

Ebay said unknown hackers stole email addresses, encrypted passwords, birth dates, mailing addresses and other information in an attack carried out between late February and early March. The files did not contain financial information.

An eBay spokeswoman said a large number of accounts may have been compromised, but declined to say how many. EBay said it found no evidence of unauthorized access to financial or credit card information at its PayPal payments subsidiary, which encrypts and stores its data separately.

Security experts advised EBay customers to be on the alert for fraud, especially if they used the same passwords for other accounts.

Full story:

Ebay asks all users to change passwords

Ruthie

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Sounds about right for Ebay to have the issue in Feb, March and to then jump around 2 months later! You would think they would have done something just a little bit faster!

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I have to ask...

What happens if my account is hacked and the money gets paid out to a random account? Who is responsible for that loss? Will Bid or Buy see that the account is not the usual account? Will I ever see that money again? I only sell on Bid or Buy. Unless it's overseas buyers, I do not accept any cash payments or payments to my private account, everything must go through Bid or Buy. I am very strict about that. I only do pay outs every so often, and always to the same account.