Sign in to follow this  
qball

Change to SNC process and Ratings

qball

If the user is found at fault the rating will be removed. If you feel you have received an unfair rating please follow the normal process of emailing in an official complaint.

Little Miss Muffet
"due to widespread abuse of this by sellers to remove negative ratings"

I'm a little confused. Why do sellers use the SNC to remove negative ratings? How? Why don't they just contact the guys at BoB to sort it out like most people do?

I did contact Bob in the one instance that I filed an SNC to get rid of a negative rating.

It was beyond Bob's control but I got no response for a week after mailing a few times.

The correct address, on a parcel, correct postal code, delivered to the incorrect post office 24 KM away is not my fault.

If I got a negative rating for something I had done wrong--Differant story. I would go out of my way to correct it,refund the buyer whatever and then file an SNC.I would not even contact BOB--or bother them with my faults.

AND

Colin I think I should be able to understand when I am in the right or wrong

Edited by geewhizz

Free Soul Styles

Okay fair enough. If BoB is not replying to your emails then i can understand that. I must say that since i started selling (1 whole year now) they have been rather quick at removing the unfair negative ratings i have gotten. Maybe i've just been lucky.

But buyers do not see the 1000+ positive ratings, they only ever see that 1 ugly negative.

Little Miss Muffet

Bob always respond. It was just this one incident that took time because of staff illness.

Free Soul Styles

Ah, okay cool. So from now on if i file an SNC for a valid reason, like no payment, and the buyer rates me negatively(for whatever wild reason) while the SNC is pending, will i still have to sit with that rating till the SNC is completed?

Seeds and All

From what I gather. That is the way it is going to be from now on.

Free Soul Styles

Well that sucks.

NooNooBug
Ah, okay cool. So from now on if i file an SNC for a valid reason, like no payment, and the buyer rates me negatively(for whatever wild reason) while the SNC is pending, will i still have to sit with that rating till the SNC is completed?

looks like it ! Don't like that part so I think I will be rating neutral stating SNC pending or something and once finalised change to negative so as not to tempt fate.

Free Soul Styles

I think that's a good idea. However, as far as i understand, while the SNC is on going, sellers cannot rate. Only the buyer. So in the reply section all we can really do is state the reason and that the SNC is still pending, and email BoB about it.

Not1CentMore

Hmmm...

Buyer bids/wins auction 08th May. Winning email notification sent same day.

Reminder email sent 13th May. Same sent via BoB messaging. Nary a peep from Buyer.

SNC filed 15th May.

Buyer completes checkout on 16th May AND responds to SNC 16th May "Buyer plans to pay". Did Buyer pay? Nope. Any communication from Buyer? Nope.

SNC complete on 23rd May and I cannot rate him. Click on the 'Rate Buyer' tab and it takes me to where I can tick positive, neutral or negative and add comment, but when I click 'Save Feedback', rating and comment gone... 'poof' and I get this message:

Error(s) creating feedback :

• Please select a Rating

• Please select at least one sale to review

and Buyer name/User ID not showing up anywhere on page.

What's up with this? Buyer still 'sits' with his 2 positive ratings. All is well in his world.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen

No negatives should be issued to anyone and by anyone unless proof has been given to BoB that all forms of communication have been used to try and resolve the issue. I don't care if the "the right thing to do" is to make a client happy and make more business for BoB, because clients are not always right and some are so full of *&%# that no matter how you gift wrap your peace offering, they will still send you a salute with the middle finger.

The rating system will always be the thorn in the side of sellers and buyers and BoB.

To avoid this headache, do your best to please the buyer and should you be on the receiving end of an unjust negative rating and have to go through the BoB office to clear your name and you end up not being able to rate the buyer back, then make a thread of these people so everyone knows who to watch out for. Those deadbeat payers mean nothing to your business, it's those guys that manipulate ratings and rate unfairly who will cause you more harm.

Little Miss Muffet
I think that's a good idea. However, as far as i understand, while the SNC is on going, sellers cannot rate. Only the buyer. So in the reply section all we can really do is state the reason and that the SNC is still pending, and email BoB about it.

And sit with a negative rating for 7 days --Maybe !! while the SNC is pending??--Not this cookie.:colbert: All listings removed until it gets sorted out--Unless i am the guilty party which is unlikely if I have filed an SNC.

wayjen
And sit with a negative rating for 7 days --Maybe !! while the SNC is pending??--Not this cookie.:colbert: All listings removed until it gets sorted out--Unless i am the guilty party which is unlikely if I have filed an SNC.

Now that is another way to do it, very clever indeed.

Free Soul Styles

I'll do the same. If that negative rating pops up i'll give BoB a call, and email. If i deserve the rating, i will accept that. But if i'm being rated for filing a valid SNC because the buyer decides not to pay on time, and does not bother to communicate then i will fight it tooth and nail.

SEWINGMACHINELADY

yes GeeWhiz, that I a good idea. and if all the sellers does that, BOB will feel it and maybe change the system again. remember we bring them income and they want to encourage sales, that is why SNC takes so long, they really try to save the deal.

Here is another Dilemma: what if a crazy person "buy" all my stock one night, and don't pay? I can't relist or sell anything for 14days?

voldermort

imo this has become quite ludicrous - seriously now, maybe some sellers have 10 or 20 listings up that they can remove, put back, remove again & spend their days playing silly buggers with, however some sellers have quite a lot of items up & take their selling a tad more seriously - in the unlikely event that I file a snc & the person gives me a negative, shame - I'll sit with my negative for all of 7 long days before it shall be removed, which it shall as in all my time on BoB I have never used a snc to manipulate ratings & I am quite sure that BoB will know & see that - also the powers that be at BoB are no fools & I am quite sure can see why a snc was filed ie: no payment (which is the only reason I ever file a snc) so it is most unlikely that they would find a non paying buyer in the right & allow a negative from such a buyer to stand. Good grief, people, there are far worse things in life than having a negative rating for a few days.

RISadler

There are some inherent problems with the rating system as it currently works. Nearly all of these can easily be fixed to make it manipulation-proof, as well a alleviating the administration burden on BoB staff. The solution lies in timing it just right. :awesome:

wayjen

Sam you are right in what you say as there are plenty of us sellers trying to make ends meet and pay the bills come month end so suspending listings won't be a good idea for them but if some sellers feel they can suspend listings until an issue is sorted then they can give it a go.

NooNooBug
imo this has become quite ludicrous - seriously now, maybe some sellers have 10 or 20 listings up that they can remove, put back, remove again & spend their days playing silly buggers with, however some sellers have quite a lot of items up & take their selling a tad more seriously - in the unlikely event that I file a snc & the person gives me a negative, shame - I'll sit with my negative for all of 7 long days before it shall be removed, which it shall as in all my time on BoB I have never used a snc to manipulate ratings & I am quite sure that BoB will know & see that - also the powers that be at BoB are no fools & I am quite sure can see why a snc was filed ie: no payment (which is the only reason I ever file a snc) so it is most unlikely that they would find a non paying buyer in the right & allow a negative from such a buyer to stand. Good grief, people, there are far worse things in life than having a negative rating for a few days.

I agree ! I, for one, will not suspend my listings, purely rate neutral or return comment stating SNC pending, bide my time and get it sorted. If I were to close listings etc I may loose any potential sale (why should a deadbeat buyer have that power !) aswell as give me a load more work which I don't have time for.

Little Miss Muffet

Sometimes when a user does not pay I don't bother to rate them negative even after an SNC is complete.(Which I guess is also wrong)

However, if a user gives me a negative rating while an SNC is pending, I will certainly lay it on thick after the SNC is complete.I never rate a user until an SNC is complete anyway because I feel if they do eventually pay it stops them from getting their back up afterwards.

RISadler

It would also be nice if the rating system took into account the VALUE of the transaction when calculating the "rating percentage".