Sign in to follow this  
qball

Change to SNC process and Ratings

qball    11
qball

Effective as of today, we have made a change to the SNC process. In the past when a SNC was filed it removed the ratings until we had finalised the SNC or found someone at fault. However, due to widespread abuse of this by sellers to remove negative ratings, we have decided to leave the ratings in place until we have determined who is at fault on the SNC. This way, buyers and sellers will still be able to see defaulting users even if a SNC is filed.

The only time the ratings will be removed is if buyer and seller agree to cancel the transaction.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Cuan

Does this mean that buyers will be able to rate sellers while the SNC process is ongoing, or after the SNC is finalised?

qball    11
qball

Yes, in the interest of transparency. However, should a buyer rate negatively withiout just cause we will look at removing the rating as per our normal rating procedure.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I can 'feel the love'.

Buyer bids/wins/bales. Sellers dare not leave a rating until after the SNC process is complete. However, Buyer, once the SNC has been filed, can hit the negative button and 'go off' on how horrible the Seller is, how dare he/she file a SNC, blah-blah-blah. And Seller gets to 'sit' with the negative(s) waving in the breeze like a big, red flag for a week or two until the SNC process is complete... or until removed by BoB. One negative is bad enough, but two, six, ten or more at any given time (volume Sellers) will not promote Buyer 'confidence' in that particular Seller and could very well impact his/her sales.

Methinks, while 'some' Buyers may read the reason for Seller's negative, fewer that a spit-full bother to read any response from Seller. They just see the :mad:... and 'run, Jane, run' to find the same thing, or something similar, from a different Seller... even if it is tad more spendy.

Cards, letters, email and phone calls will be on the uptick from some very frustrated Sellers because of the unearned, unjustified negative ratings from deadbeat Buyers.

JMHO

Once the SNC is resolved, let's say in Seller's favor (no response from Buyer, etc.), then does the negative given Seller go poof... or does it remain?

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen    10
wayjen

If a seller has a negative, or a few, on their profile and they know it to be unjustified and have contacted BoB and BoB is looking at the issue, are they allowed to respond to the negatives so people know the issue is with admin to resolve the negative(s)?

Fighting a negative can sometimes be a quick thing or be dragged out and with some red faces next to your name you are scaring away potential buyers.

This is a tricky one for the team and for both sellers and buyers.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
If a seller has a negative, or a few, on their profile and they know it to be unjustified and have contacted BoB and BoB is looking at the issue, are they allowed to respond to the negatives so people know the issue is with admin to resolve the negative(s)?

Fighting a negative can sometimes be a quick thing or be dragged out and with some red faces next to your name you are scaring away potential buyers.

This is a tricky one for the team and for both sellers and buyers.

Why not add extra tab for SNC,so instead of having three tabs,positive,negative ,neutral,have 4 tabs and a comments can still be placed,but any potential buyer/seller can see this is pending snc and then make up there minds on the comments placed who they wish to support.

And make the snc face a nice relaxed colour so no one gets a fright..

Just my thought,and this will also give everyone an idea of the snc filed by sellers as i thinks this can be important.

When snc is completed in whoevers favour then the comments get erased and the seller can then place negative or positve or neutral rating as usual,

some logistical problems but with a littel thought can possibly work?

maybe not?someone tell me its a stupid idea please?

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All

Once again, a few bad apples spoils the bunch. With this new system, if a buyer does not pay me, I will be less inclined to leave negative feedback until the SNC has been finalised, which means that this non-paying buyer can carry on placing orders with other sellers without any fair warning to those sellers. I also foresee sellers not filing SNC alerts, losing out on commission payable to bidorbuy, out of fear of receiving negative feedback which would affect sales during the 21 days it can take for a SNC to be finalised. All and all not the most elegant solution to the issue of buyers and sellers abusing the SNC and Rating systems.

moodTime    10
moodTime

BOB are fair when it comes to removing unfair ratings as per their normal rating procedure. However the time taken to attend to such queries could be improved, a recent ticket of mine took 11 days to be responded to before the rating was removed.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This is exactly my concern, I feel that even though the buyer is in the wrong for not paying and therefore an SNC and negative rating is standard procedure, this new system is going to allow buyer to give negative ratings to sellers even though they deserve the negative for non-payment. They will retaliate.

I feel that BoB already has alot on their plate in trying to deal with all the admin that goes into removing unfair ratings and now they are adding to the burden. I am concerned that services will be delayed even longer than they currently are, which leaves sellers with unfair negative ratings for longer.

This will impact on sales as potential buyers will see those negatives and draw bad conclusions.

As a rule, I don't give negative ratings unless an SNC is filed, generally I have no other reason for a negative rating.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Seriously I don't think it will make that much difference, in my experience most buyers don't know what a snc is in the first place & secondly I don't think I have ever had to file a snc against somebody who has given me a negative.....doesnt it usually work that a person doesnt pay, you file a snc, either they pay (in which case you retract the negative) or they dont pay, snc found in your favour (hopefully) and only then you give the buyer a negative? And if the snc is found in your favour, surely the buyer will not be allowed to retaliate with a negative if found at fault? Or am I missing something here....another reason I have yet to discover for sncing?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Sam

The problem is, from what i understand, the buyer will be able to rate the seller regardless of which way the SNC goes.

If a seller now gives the negative as it should be (in order to warn about lack of payment), the buyer will see that and promptly give a negative in return because they are now able to. Then only can the seller appeal that negative.

It's not the SNC process as such that is the problem, but the buyer now having the ability to rate the seller even if the SNC goes against them. In the past this wasn't possible, the buyer couldn't rate if the SNC was ruled against him or her.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Hi Sam

The problem is, from what i understand, the buyer will be able to rate the seller regardless of which way the SNC goes.

If a seller now gives the negative as it should be (in order to warn about lack of payment), the buyer will see that and promptly give a negative in return because they are now able to. Then only can the seller appeal that negative.

It's not the SNC process as such that is the problem, but the buyer now having the ability to rate the seller even if the SNC goes against them. In the past this wasn't possible, the buyer couldn't rate if the SNC was ruled against him or her.

Ahh Angela thanks, now I understand. So basically what this means is that most shady non paying buyers will now be able to run free on Bid or Buy because the majority of sellers won't be willing to give them a negative for fear of retaliation........nice one.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I have also only given negatives to non paying buyers AFTER an snc has been finalised...which if you think about it means the buyer has plenty time to mess around with other unsuspecting sellers ! So the new way does have a slight merit in that you can "warn" other Sellers but I think it seems that the negative (excuse pun) outweighs the positive here ! My first few non payers got of lightly as I felt bad giving negatives so they got neutrals...have hardened up since and really if you can't pay & don't bother to return messages then negative it is. More annoying are the group of buyers that wait for the snc to be filed or completed and then suddenly get their emails working and promise to pay but seldom do !

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

In the antique business dealers will always know more about some subjects because that is where their interest lies.

If Bidorbuy had subjects they specialized in , ratings would be my speciality.

I am passionate about educating buyers and sellers on this subject simply because some buyers have absolutely no communication skills on how to solve a problem amicably.

Sellers on the other hand rate buyers negatively far too quickly instead of giving them a chance to pay or sending a friendly reminder.

I am quick to do this or change a buyers rating to negative if I get a negative rating for no good reason.

I have said this before "If someone buys an item from a retailer and something goes wrong,the buyer can only phone or visit the retailer to resolve the matter.There is no rating button to communicate"

:colbert::evil:

Edited by geewhizz

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Why has the image inserting bee n changed so that we cannot browse. It is not user friendly

wayjen    10
wayjen
In the antique business dealers will always know more about some subjects because that is where their interest lies.

If Bidorbuy had subjects they specialized in , ratings would be my speciality.

I am passionate about educating buyers and sellers on this subject simply because some buyers have absolutely no communication skills on how to solve a problem amicably.

Sellers on the other hand rate buyers negatively far too quickly instead of giving them a chance to pay or sending a friendly reminder.

I am quick to do this or change a buyers rating to negative if I get a negative rating for no good reason.

I have said this before "If someone buys an item from a retailer and something goes wrong,the buyer can only phone or visit the retailer to resolve the matter.There is no rating button to communicate"

:colbert::evil:

A confession of rating manipulation, Pammie?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
A confession of rating manipulation, Pammie?[/quote

Like when the phone gets slammed down on me when I am trying to help or point out a Post office error . I have a short fuse with 2 year olds.:bigsmile:

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

"due to widespread abuse of this by sellers to remove negative ratings"

I'm a little confused. Why do sellers use the SNC to remove negative ratings? How? Why don't they just contact the guys at BoB to sort it out like most people do?

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
"due to widespread abuse of this by sellers to remove negative ratings"

I'm a little confused. Why do sellers use the SNC to remove negative ratings? How? Why don't they just contact the guys at BoB to sort it out like most people do?

Hi

this was implemented due to a few bad apples.

Sellers that did not supply goods timeously or did not have the items or various reasons and received negative feedback from buyers.

To dispose of these negative ratings the seller would then file snc and "poof "the ratings dissappear and he can merrily go on soliciting business without the negative ratings being seen

That in a nutshell is what has been happening.

Neil

wayjen    10
wayjen
A confession of rating manipulation, Pammie?[/quote

Like when the phone gets slammed down on me when I am trying to help or point out a Post office error . I have a short fuse with 2 year olds.:bigsmile:

I just ask to speak to mummy, then I charm the bloomers off her.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
Hi

this was implemented due to a few bad apples.

Sellers that did not supply goods timeously or did not have the items or various reasons and received negative feedback from buyers.

To dispose of these negative ratings the seller would then file snc and "poof "the ratings dissappear and he can merrily go on soliciting business without the negative ratings being seen

That in a nutshell is what has been happening.

Neil

Well Neil I must be a bad apple. I have done this when I was totally innocent and the buyer refused assistance.

Why should I ( OR any user ) sit with a negative rating for 1 minute from a rude ,unintelligent 2 year old?

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
Well Neil I must be a bad apple. I have done this when I was totally innocent and the buyer refused assistance.

Why should I ( OR any user ) sit with a negative rating for 1 minute from a rude ,unintelligent 2 year old?

So you make the call as to your own innocence? That's not too objective. As a buyer, I'd rather have that decision made by BoB than the seller.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Thanks Neil for the explanation

Again, forgive me for asking but, why then do they not just call BoB or email to explain and have the rating removed? I can understand getting annoyed with a rude buyer rating out of revenge because of something out of the sellers control, like postal strikes or theft. If the buyer refuses to let the seller help then what else can the seller do? I think this all boils down to lack of communication on both sides.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Once again I am left stunned - I truly believed that a seller could & would only file a snc for non payment, now I see they post (or not) obviously rubbish (or great items which they dont have, perhaps) & when getting a well deserved negative they file a snc (what reason they put on the snc is beyond me)........and now the people who actually file snc's for legitimate reasons are left in the lurch! Thanks for a lot :evil:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hi Sam

This cant be right. Maybe Bob can clarify please. I understood that the ratings would only remain whilst the SNC was "in progress". If found in the sellers favour surely the buyers ability to rate will be removed as was previously the case?