Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Blocked buyer,unblocked by bob and guess what??

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

BUYER RAKESH RAMLALL username NEW0070 has done it again.

Bought from me sometime ago and did not pay,excuse domestic problems.

SNC filed and blocked,but as the bob system allows this blocking to fall away he managed to bid again last wed and as i have 70 items on auction i cannot check each bid on each item so he won two auctions again.

And GUESS WHAT? no payment again,excuse this time?he emailed me to say he cannot pay me as he has to lift his eft limit!!!wtf

In the time he sends me email he can change it online,but its just an excuse.

Now if this was R50 or R100 OR so its acceptable and part of the process and i have hardly had snc in 6 years of trading and 25000 transactions but this buyer/seller has cost me over R8000 IN SALES and R180 listing fees,non recoverable.

And he is a seller that has a poor record as well,selective in his buying and selling and all largish amounts.

BOB dont lift the blocking on blocked buyers,because they 99% will do it again.

ESpecially chancers like this buyer/seller.

neil

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have been hearing all sorts of stories about problem buyers on Bid or Buy.

Cuan - isn't it time to reconsider the blocking option being permanent? It's not fair on reputable sellers for things like this to be happening to them.

Just my two cents worth while I'm at it ...! :whistling:

CardinaJewels    10
CardinaJewels

Well from our side there is 3 buyers in the last 2 months that were previously blocked and now unblocked and 2nd time round that did not pay and had a SNC filled and completed again. on the other side a previously blocked buyer also bought and paid for their new order so i guess it can work in ones benefit but personally I would prefer it our choice to unblock previous buyers, 3 months does not seem long enough in any account.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Its his right to cancell , why ? because he can , the law is on the buyers side , If one had to ban every person that gets to the till and changes his mind , you would close youre shops doors because 50 percent of people after goods are rung up change their mind .

SEE :

To break it down, the ECT Act offers the following protection:

1. The vendor must provide the consumer with certain specified information of the vendor (section 43);
  2. The vendor must provide the consumer with an opportunity to review, correct or withdraw from a transaction (section 43);
  3. The vendor must implement a specified secure payment system (section 43);
  4. The consumer has a cooling off period of seven days (section 44);
  5. The consumer has certain options in the event of a vendor offering unsolicited goods, services or communications (section 45); and
  6. A vendor must perform within 30 days from which the order was received, or a time period alternatively agreed with the consumer (section 46).
  7. Yip its a nuisance , but think of all the other stamps/ coins youve sold, one bad sale shouldnt ruin youre day , Is it personal from his side I doubt it , he just changed his mind .

Edited by mrmouse

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

MR mouse,i am up to speed on all fronts

i have no problem with anyone cancelling a purchase,

My issue is that he did this before to me,and now again due to the blocking being lifted,

As in any retail environment u have ROAR policy,and if u check this buyer seller ,he has a selective history of choosing what to pay for and also in supplying some of his sales,

I would not do business with someone like this and therefore i should be allowed to keep him blocked.

That is my issue.

Neil

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Yip but the law doesnt agree , as with any retail operation it has its risks ,and many more so online , and the customers are educated in it as well and know that they can get away with it , its a problem that will never be rectified unless its youre own site which you control and run and can block anyone you like ,trading online has its risks which must be accepted , for what it costs to trade on BoB ( a pittance ) its a fairly good tradeoff , costs are minimal , you dont loose anything if not paid for , no rent , no overheads , flexi time , a bit of frustration sometimes , I just accept it and smile and wave , item wasnt shipped , no real losses .and as per CC its illegal to block someone permanently and you could end up with a hefty fine for doing so .BoB just abides by the rules that are handed to them, 5 sellers complaining every now and then out of 40 000 makes no difference to the big scheme of things , a bit warped, but my viewpoint.I just relist and dont worry about it.not worth stressing over.I have businesses cancelling orders all the time , its allowed to happen .