Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Where have all the flowers gone?

wayjen    10
wayjen

yoo hoo is this thing on?

Where is everyone these days? Waar is almal deesdae? yes I can speak two languages, I am two toned.

The forum was a substitute to bran muffins and wheat fibre optics because it made us all regular visitors.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Hey there on the other side of the pond !

Busy busy juggling BoB side with motherside and trying to find time for some community stuff. I try pop in just to check on whats new, but breeze off and sometimes takes me a few days before I find time to return ! Hope everyone out there is tucked in nice and warm with this cold front ! I suppose you are having a glorious warm day (well, not yet but in a few hours) wayjen !

RISadler    10
RISadler

Seriously extended lunches.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Morning!!

NooNooBug, you must see the storms here oh boy!!! Ruthie has it bad up there by her and the aftermath comes down here and the rain belts down trying to penetrate the ground and it's nothing compared to South Africa and the rains.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Lunch is over, go fetch them Mr Sadler.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Storms? Oh, mercy! It rained cats and dogs night before last; sheet after sheet after sheet of wind-whipped rain. So much rain that water in the 'lower 40' was near ankle deep.

Today's project, make a sign "Free to Good Home", jump in the pickup and drive to the 'main road' and post it. The rain was welcomed by the 25 Christmas pines (and me 'cause I don't have to go out and give them something to drink) I planted 3-weeks ago, but the poor little things sure took a beating from the pounding rain.

And then there is Wayne and raccoons floating by his upstairs bedroom window.... Hope he tossed out life jackets.

Ruthie

RISadler    10
RISadler

For a fat cat lunch is never over ... you have to work at it 24/7.

wayjen    10
wayjen
For a fat cat lunch is never over ... you have to work at it 24/7.

It's called networking today.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Storms? Oh, mercy! It rained cats and dogs night before last; sheet after sheet after sheet of wind-whipped rain. So much rain that water in the 'lower 40' was near ankle deep.

Today's project, make a sign "Free to Good Home", jump in the pickup and drive to the 'main road' and post it. The rain was welcomed by the 25 Christmas pines (and me 'cause I don't have to go out and give them something to drink) I planted 3-weeks ago, but the poor little things sure took a beating from the pounding rain.

And then there is Wayne and raccoons floating by his upstairs bedroom window.... Hope he tossed out life jackets.

Ruthie

It was either a raccoon or a cat burglar with a mask on, either way, he was treading water for quite sometime.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hello Wayne and the rest of the family. Here is Stinkblaar - I don't know about a flower! I am so busy with my new venture that I hardly get time to blow my nose, let alone get onto the forum. And I do miss all of you!

wayjen    10
wayjen
Hello Wayne and the rest of the family. Here is Stinkblaar - I don't know about a flower! I am so busy with my new venture that I hardly get time to blow my nose, let alone get onto the forum. And I do miss all of you!

aah yes my lilyofthevalley, you and the rest of the crew are missed. The forum is seriaaasssss, seriaaaaassss! Even the jokes in our own language has got to such a point that we now telling jokes in another language.

svw    10
svw

Hi there all you 'nutters'...just arrived in 'bobberspace' for a fleeting visit from planet work - haven't even had time to sell on bob for the past few months.

Eish...I see that you are still flapping that coat around Wayne - :wtf:

kyle2    10
kyle2

Wayne's certainly rattling his trolley lately....

wayjen    10
wayjen

I am taking names, and some people will not be getting invites to my Tupperware party.

svw    10
svw
I am taking names, and some people will not be getting invites to my Tupperware party.

Huh - traded the 'cookie jar' in for tupperware ... next thing you will be trading the trolley in for one of those fancy plastic ones shaped like a car.:whistling:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I'm trading in my tupperware now for some curling tongs and bed pan because i was just called to catch a snake in the convenience store across the road.

About as long as a ruler and a half and as thin as a pencil and at first I thought it was just one of those thing botox injected ladies from the neighbourhood but when it stuck its tongue out to sniff the air. I noticed no tongue ring so knew it be a snake. I despatched him far enough from the door.

Where is that Ruthie, when I needed backup????

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Fetching the garden hoe, Wayne.

The only way to effectively 'dispose' of a snake is to remove the head from the body. Then, using same garden hoe, 'scoop' up the head and tail and either toss in the rubbish or nail it to a wooden sign as a warning to other would be 'slithering' visitors. Now, ya can keep the kitchen utensils in the kitchen drawer and....

kinda like Vegas, my friend, what goes on between you and the bed pan stays between you and the bed pan :whistling:.

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

The space between me and the bed pan is a fine line and nothing splashed out.

wayjen    10
wayjen

photo(1).JPG.623196a0e2775f7fc5114a1ee36fe1f6.JPG

No this is not a hidden objects game that our dear friend Ruthie posts and it's not a shoelace lying there by the wall, it's the snake I had to fight into submission.

Word of advice before attempting to wrangle a snake, don't try the choke hold because I had trouble finding where the neck stops and the stomach begins.

Before anyone makes and funny remarks, let me warn you, I am taking down names and besides snakes always look bigger on tv, it's a Hollywood thing.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Snakes alive!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen    10
wayjen
Snakes alive!

Ruthie

Yip, very much alive!

RISadler    10
RISadler

Hey, Wayne, that alleged "snake" looks more like an old piece of string. :laugh:

And no, Ruthie, not all snakes deserve the Queen of Hearts treatment. :suspicious:

wayjen    10
wayjen
Hey, Wayne, that alleged "snake" looks more like an old piece of string. :laugh:

And no, Ruthie, not all snakes deserve the Queen of Hearts treatment. :suspicious:

Oh that critter was very much alive and well but then again it could have been one of Ruthie'string shoelaces.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

You are correct :smile:. Garden snakes and such are very much welcome. The others are welcome to explore and 'play' in the acres and acres of timber behind the house... just not up on my patio and front porch.

Oh that critter was very much alive and well but then again it could have been one of Ruthie'string shoelaces.

Am horrible about misplacing things and Daddy always said if my head wasn't bolted down I'd lose it. Bolts are so heavy and they kinda distract from a necklace and earrings, soooo.... maybe a go-with-everything, basic black 'string' attached right behind the left ear on one end and the shoulder on the other end...

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

Frankenstein's monster comes to mind.

Oh yes Ruthie, a raccoon walked in front of our daughter two nights ago as she walked to her car after work. Now that's 2 raccoons and a possum and a snake all in city limits.