Sign in to follow this  
meeks

Load Shedding???

meeks

Has Eskom started load shedding anywhere today? We just heard that there may be load shedding again as from 4 o' clock this afternoon(our area - Richards Bay),,so wondered whether it has been going on elsewhere already today? Apparently Eskom is struggling badly today.

Free Soul Styles

I live in Wychwood and in the last 2 months we have had power cuts about 4 times. Each +/- 3 hours.

RISadler

Reminds me that I'd better restock the ol' woodpile, check on my supply of candles and top-up the paraffin barrels. Did I forget anything? Oh, matches, sherry and Westerns. (I already installed new batteries in the UPS, so it's back to being good for five or six hours at time now.)

Free Soul Styles

Wine, candles and a full spare laptop battery... I am ready!

rezizter

looks like this guys in charge of maintenance round there:

download.jpg.955f1250c5541acaa20527053290a661.jpg

NooNooBug

We were off yesterday evening (as were many areas in Western Cape I believe) for 2 hrs. Seems Eskom are quick to send an sms to remind you to pay or to switch no essentials off but managed to forget to inform the rural areas we would be off ! The town & village areas knew about it and when my daughter got home from work after 6 she said they already knew in the afternoon ! Being on a farm we are already pretty jacked for no power, wood stove etc so no biggie really just our pumps for water are not solar so would have been nice to have water ! Guess those Solar pumps are going to shift up the need list !

Cali Craft and Gems

And even the "dorpies"... just checked the schedule and our off times will be mostly during our trading hours which means no electric gate, no till, no lights, no credit card machine, no pc, no aircons, etc. Try explain to a tourist who barely speaks English that he / she cannot pay with their credit card for purchases! Not going to be a very productive week...

voldermort

Just been out from 6pm til 8.30pm - what the hell a tower crashing upcountry has to do with us down here I have no clue!

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Just been out from 6pm til 8.30pm - what the hell a tower crashing upcountry has to do with us down here I have no clue!

Nah,more important to keep the lights on up there as they working overtime to sort out the mail backlog,

stop complaining,you cant have it both ways! :)

neil

but seriously this country is becoming a joke!!!but what can one expect with a president that gets exonerated of any wrongdoing for wasting our millions of taxpayers money,how can you expect anyone to EVER EFFING take accountabilty for the sh,,,,THEY DO

neil

Jongleur

A problem for all of us to embrace, join hands and celebrate:

unnamed.jpg.937bff33771d7f4567b7a5dd2b67bb54.jpg

voldermort
Nah,more important to keep the lights on up there as they working overtime to sort out the mail backlog,

neil

but seriously this country is becoming a joke!!!but what can one expect with a president that gets exonerated of any wrongdoing for wasting our millions of taxpayers money,how can you expect anyone to EVER EFFING take accountabilty for the sh,,,,THEY DO

neil

Correct, I forgot about that...accordingly you can either have one leg to stand on or you can have none but asking for both is just too damn extreme & radical (wondering if Nklanda were also in the dark last night)

Cali Craft and Gems

Not to mention how it messes up electronic equipment! Came into the shop today to the alarm system that has gone haywire, a phone line that is intermittent and a credit card merchant machine which is simply "dood soos 'n mossie"!

Brilliant way to start a Monday!

EcigSmokeOnline

neil

neil

It's beyond the point of becoming a joke and you know why? Because we were used to the older SA before 1994. I have worked all over Africa and with experiencing their way of doing things I can tell you....your far better of in SA than any other African country. The worst country I have been to is Nigeria by far you won't believe where people are actually living over there, and this is not a joke I have seen it. Some places in Lagos people are living in holes underneath national highways, Lagos itself is a massive city I will estimate about 3 times bigger than JHB and the tallest building I have seen over there is 4 story's high...except on Lagos island where a few lucky "rich" individuals work and stay, there Iv'e seen a few tall buildings. And the traffic OMG, JHB on any given time of the day is heaven compared to them, the nick name for Lagos is the Mad City in Nigeria ...2nd I will say Mozambique mostly the northern parts, over there your'e lucky if you have electricity for 1 in 4 days and not to mention running water...it's off line for about 22 hours each day...you won't find metal shacks over there like here, people are living in self made shelters from trees and corn leaves.

So yeah...SA is really not that bad.

Edited by EcigSmokeOnline

Cali Craft and Gems

To those who have wanted to leave SA, I've only said one thing: "The grass may be greener on the other side, but it only because they use different manure!"

circe

i am busy to go to solar. the last 2 weeks here on the farm the power is more off than on and it is off in business hours. my pottery factory is standing still because the fools cannot maintain the substations and powerplants.

admin

Eskom implemented stage 5 load shedding today. Apparently they come to your house, blow out your candles and remove the batteries from your torch......:awesome: