Sign in to follow this  
T4T

Parcel not moving by accepted branch sapo ?

T4T

I posted 3 parcels on saturday, and since then it still shows that it has been accepted by the branch i submitted the parcel, it has been insured but for around R300 and it's worth alot more, i just have this bad feeling, should it not have shown on the parceltrack site by now ? When i went back to the branch on monday he asked me if i had insured the parcels (it felt to me as if he was implying that it has already been stolen ?)

Is there anyone higher up or someone whom i can email or contact to check this for me ? It was 3 parcels and all still show accepted by branch.

Edited by T4T

Vinyl Lady Decals

Phone track and trace and ask them where the parcels are, they often have more info than what shows on the tracking site

There are also contact details on the sapo site that you can send an email to if there is a problem.

Free Soul Styles

I am having the same problem with close to 15 parcels! They have been sitting at my branch for a few days already. I know there is a slow down at the main hub in Durban, Cape Town and JHB. So they are not exactly working properly. Your parcels are probably moving, but no one is scanning them in/out. I have had this fight many times with the SAPO. It drives me up the wall. I had a parcel sit at a hub for 2 months, according to track and trace, but when you call the SAPO customer line it's been at the buyers post office for a month.

SAPO: 0860 111 502 - I have them on speed dial :hm:

Edited by Free Soul Styles

TribalTrade

All my parcels posted from 30/4/2014 up to date indicates that it is still at the branch posted from.

However, they have been collected. Somewhere something wrong again...

Cali Craft and Gems

I had a buyer let me know today that their parcel (Speed Services) was at their branch for over a month and a temporary worker "found" it over the weekend and let her have it on Monday. She'd been there numerous times with the tracking number, date info, etc and the parcel was "nowhere to be found". Thank heavens she persisted!

T4T

So what you people are saying is it might be ok, it just is not yet showing on the track and trace site... how can i be absolutely sure, i can't get to the sapo website as it never loads and currently don't have a landline so the toll free number won't be able to stay on the line long enough with my prepaid cell. Does anyone perhaps know what the contact email is perhaps ?

Edited by T4T

Free Soul Styles

You can email them with the tracking number and the date that it was sent in.

customer.services@postoffice.co.za

I had to call them today, 7 of my parcels that were sent in on the 6th of May are STILL at the Witspos Hub! It's madness.

cp27

Try sending your tracking no to 35277 and see if there was movement.

Maybe your parcels is just stuck somewhere.

TribalTrade

ALL Gauteng parcels were stuck at Witspost since 30/4/2014.

I eventually got hold of someone there on the phone. I asked them what was going on. This was the reply:

"Eish.... Too much volume... parcels will move again from tomorrow...."

My opinion: Elections took place last week. NO WORK WAS DONE!!!

NooNooBug

Many parcels are moving along slowly as they hiccup back to work after all these holidays, but in the process no-one has been scanning the journey !

Free Soul Styles
ALL Gauteng parcels were stuck at Witspost since 30/4/2014.

I eventually got hold of someone there on the phone. I asked them what was going on. This was the reply:

"Eish.... Too much volume... parcels will move again from tomorrow...."

My opinion: Elections took place last week. NO WORK WAS DONE!!!

I received an email from them this morning stating that there is a backlog and parcels are being sent out.... I sent 4 parcels in on the 6th of May and they are STILL sitting at the witspos hub, yet every other parcel since then has been delivered or almost there... Here come stolen/lost/missing parcels....

lilythepink

Sounds like I am having a relatively peaceful life with my new venture and sales on BoB having come to a halt? But I do so miss all the fun of selling, even though it's a lot of time-consuming work.

NooNooBug

Don't really know if one can believe anything that comes up when Tracking & Tracing these days ! I know there are issues at some hubs, and so have been checking up in some of my parcels to keep an eye on where they are (for what that is worth). One parcel checked on 19th May at 8.08 stated this "In transit 2014/05/18 14:36 WITSPOS (HUB)" I was looking now expecting the parcel to have arrived and this is what it says now "In transit 2014/05/19 21:56 WITSPOS (HUB)" . so do ya think it was outgoing at that scan ? Can't say as the previous entry (which I have under my note for that order) has dissappeared off the track record !

Free Soul Styles

Witspos hub is a disaster. I get ulcers when i see a parcel sitting there for days on end.

Little Miss Muffet
Witspos hub is a disaster. I get ulcers when i see a parcel sitting there for days on end.[/quote

All problems I have had lately with theft have been through Witpos hub

Medals stolen and package resealed and delivered.

parcel with coins opened and only rarest one stolen--Package resealed and delivered.

Parcel opened rare plate stolen everything else left in parcel--resealed and parcel delivered.

I find this very strange.looks like someone somewhere has inside information.

I have created a new page on facebook.

"Report parcels stolen in transit from South African Post Office."

It is about time we kicked up a fuss and stopped allowing these things to ride.

I sent an email to the Post Office re these medals explaining that the parcel was received minus the contents.

I got an email back to say according to their records the parcel was delivered on such and such a date.

I was so furious that I sent an email back asking them if they could read.

Edited by geewhizz

Free Soul Styles

I'm always emailing them about every tiny thing. From horrible service to parcels not moving or not being scanned. One poor guy apparently claimed for a stolen parcel 2 months before he even collected the parcel, when i tried to investigate further with them i kept getting "we will update you" emails. I have still not been given a proper answer. They know me by name now. I think i have every right to make a fuss! My business (as well as many other sellers) rely heavily on the Post Office and not everyone can afford courier services.

I've been unbelievably, super lucky with parcels being sent out! (touch wood)! In my 1 year since stating on BoB, i've had maybe 5 parcels stolen or tampered with. But receiving has been bad, especially with Speed Services. So i don't use them anymore. Too much of a risk!