Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

New Buyers Beware

anthony03    10
anthony03

I know that this has been repeated so often it has become quite boring but before you bid on anything, look at the postage costs first.

Having being caught out on a number of occasions by unscrupulous sellers who tend to make a living out of postage, make it a habit to look at the hidden costs. -Alf

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Too true ... Also for "old" buyers who forget to check ! Ask questions if Sellers don't have postage in description or on the shipping tab !

RISadler    10
RISadler

This will continue to be a problem, until BoB implements a system like on eBay, where buyers also rate the seller regarding postage fees (anonymously to the seller, of course).

But the main thing is education. Buyers should refuse to pay the postage (and for the item) and then appeal the subsequent SNC, negative rating and BoB warning.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Also, buyers need to take the costs of tape, boxes, envelopes etc into account. We don't get these things for free. I don't want negative ratings because the item was not packaged properly. I charge per kilo only and not for additional items and i still have complaints.

But charging for petrol to go to the post office, for the time spent packing and standing in line is a bit much. As is charging R50.00 for the first item and an extra R20.00 - R30.00 for additional items... That's madness.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
This will continue to be a problem, until BoB implements a system like on eBay, where buyers also rate the seller regarding postage fees (anonymously to the seller, of course).

But the main thing is education. Buyers should refuse to pay the postage (and for the item) and then appeal the subsequent SNC, negative rating and BoB warning.

Sounds like a good system. Would make some of these Sellers that over charge think twice if it actually impacts on them.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Also, buyers need to take the costs of tape, boxes, envelopes etc into account. We don't get these things for free. I don't want negative ratings because the item was not packaged properly. I charge per kilo only and not for additional items and i still have complaints.

But charging for petrol to go to the post office, for the time spent packing and standing in line is a bit much. As is charging R50.00 for the first item and an extra R20.00 - R30.00 for additional items... That's madness.

We all have those packaging costs and if we can keep our prices resonable, then so can the rest !

The per extra item fee is grossly misunderstood (IMO) ! R20, as we all know, would mean the extra item is going to weigh over 3 kg. When I first started I didn't understand the extra item fee properly & took time to read about it. Each listing has a different per extra item fee, all depends. Some sellers simply are too lazy to set up catagories so just charge a fee of say R20 across the board.

RISadler    10
RISadler
Some sellers simply are too lazy to set up catagories so just charge a fee of say R20 across the board.

Yip, that's me. I charge R25 for postage on the books that I sell, irrespective if you buy one book or a hundred books. :bigsmile: