Sign in to follow this  
Free Soul Styles

Post Office Slow Down? Strike?

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Hi guys,

I wanted to find out if any other sellers using the post office have noticed a slow down with their outgoing parcels? The lady at my post office said it might be a strike or slow down? Maybe just all the holidays messing everything up? All i am sure of is that it's taking forever for the parcels to go from my post office to the witspos hub.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Probably due to all the holidays. Everywhere is slow & many folks not working at all or on skeleton staff . Very annoying when trying to do business !

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Dropped off a parcel a little while ago and the ladies confirmed a slow down at Witspos.

anthony03    10
anthony03

Why is always about Witpos - This sorting and distribution centre is an absolute disaster. I have a parcel the has taken 4 days to get scanned in from Alberton to Witpos on it's way to me the the Western Cape. I think they should take a some lessons from Cape Mail.:cry:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

My last batch of parcels left Oudtshoorn on 15 May. Most were already at their destinations by Monday, but the three that were heading for Pretoria (two insured, one ordinary parcel) were last scanned in George hub.

I tried calling the "help desk" earlier today and after being on hold for a lifetime (almost), I eventually got through and was told that the systems were offline so no-one could help.

Try explaining that to an impatient buyer!

Off to see the postmaster in the morning and hopefully he can get some answers...

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I have that issue now. 3 of 7 parcels that were sent on the 4th of May are still "in transit". When i called i was told of the backlog at Witspos Hub. When i asked how much longer would it take, etc i was told, "i dunno, you should just wait and see". Terrific service. The rest of the parcels i have sent out are moving fast again, so that's good, but those 3 are still out there somewhere (i hope not damaged or stolen)

bitesize    10
bitesize

Ok, so, SAPO has been on a strike but refuse to acknowledge this and instead say there has been a go slow and unrest with regards to Witpos. I have been banned from their page (I demanded to know what was going on and well, got the chop). Comments on the page (those that haven't been banned from commenting) clearly show that there is a problem. I have posted on my listings that there is a current issue, but according to SAPO things are now getting back to normal.

yeah well we all know they are never truthful with the public. so as asked in this posting before, is anyone still having issues with orders (sellers and buyers) arriving on time? has your post office told you about the strike?

republikein    10
republikein
Ok, so, SAPO has been on a strike but refuse to acknowledge this and instead say there has been a go slow and unrest with regards to Witpos. I have been banned from their page (I demanded to know what was going on and well, got the chop). Comments on the page (those that haven't been banned from commenting) clearly show that there is a problem. I have posted on my listings that there is a current issue, but according to SAPO things are now getting back to normal.

yeah well we all know they are never truthful with the public. so as asked in this posting before, is anyone still having issues with orders (sellers and buyers) arriving on time? has your post office told you about the strike?

I have been told as a fact by my local FS Post Office, that there is a strike at Speed Services JHB. Already going on for at least a week+.

moodTime    10
moodTime

I was also told the same thing today but in a round about way, I think they are trying to down play it.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I have been banned from their facebook page because I kicked up such a fuss about items stolen from a parcel via speed services. I will never use them again.

Every time someone complains on facebook about a parcel I send them a private message and tell them to report it if the parcel is stolen.

I even sent a private message to a speed service employee who was apologizing profusely to someone about a parcel delayed.I asked her if she was sorry about the theft of my goods. Ofcourse I got no reply.

I visit that page quite often and until I get the anger out of my system (taking a long time) I will irritate the hell out of them.

I really feel for buyers who loose money from theft.I fortunately had other medals here of approximately the same value and sent them to the buyer free of charge R1500 out of my pocket.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I kinda/sorta monitor the SAPO website from this corner of the flat map and there is a big 'gulf' between slow and dead stop (strike?).

A parcel shipped 24th APRIL, that 'bounced' around SA Customs / HUB JHB since 08th MAY, was finally delivered to my Buyer (Fourways North) today. Email after email after.... either replied it was in Customs needing invoice (provided), cleared Customs and would be at Buyer's Post Office on 17th June or, worse yet, a reply with nothing more than a link to SAPO's Disclaimer.

I can understand disputes between management and workers and strikes, but what I cannot understand is why all the excuses and untruths. No one likes having their 'chain yanked'.

Perhaps SAPO might consider changing to SAPPSO - South Africa Pee Poor Service Office... at least for the time being. JMHO.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

This Zimbabwe Ruthie-- Oh !! Sorry South Africa

I hate thieves with a passion.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I posted on the PO Facebook page telling them to get to work instead of planting trees and cleaning beaches because there should be a department in guavamint that does that sort of job. Hey if they can't take the heat then they should close their your Facebook account. I wonder if someone at the PO is on Twitter, I am on Twitter too.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
I kinda/sorta monitor the SAPO website from this corner of the flat map and there is a big 'gulf' between slow and dead stop (strike?).

A parcel shipped 24th APRIL, that 'bounced' around SA Customs / HUB JHB since 08th MAY, was finally delivered to my Buyer (Fourways North) today. ...

HOORAY ! Will have a glass of bubbly later in celebration on your behalf Ruthie ! One less parcel to stress over !

As far a strike / go slow... as far as I have been told etc last week Thursday already Speed Services Joburg areas was on strike ...great to hear as you arrive Friday mornng for an urgent parcel that you have paid extra for to get before weekend ! It did arrive on Tuesday morning so the post was moving again...slow is better than not at all ! I only have 4 parcels in that area in the "air" 2 are apparently at their PO's since 14 & 18 June, perhaps the buyers have collected, perhaps they can't coz no one is working? The other 2 parcels are 1 new one that is recently arrived at the death Hub and the other is between here and who knows where ! Will just have to keep watching & hoping itt finds its way through !

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
One less parcel to stress over

Yeppers, one less, but will be sending out four next week and my knees are knocking. Hope for everyone, Sellers and Buyers, that whatever is going on is soon 'put to bed'... like in yesterday.

Ruthie

bitesize    10
bitesize

I saw the posts mentioned above on the FB page and completely agree. Before they announced the so called unrest, I asked them straight out what the hell was happening. received a pvt message saying there is nothing going on and so on. Go back to the page to find I can't post. ARGGG!!!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Scummy reputation the SA post Office has. That is all I can say.One day they will turn me into a crimminal when I pay them back

Bring the worst out in me.