Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

Postage & Crazy Auctions

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Why are there Sellers that still insist on only calculating postage AFTER the auction has closed ? They are quick to email with crazy postage price after close of auction. We were not born yesterday, this is a straight out and out abuse and I think crazy auctions need to be looked at more closely from now on. Come on other Bobbers we all need to expose those abusing the "new volumetric" system of posting...bull you using it. Names have been withheld for now but I am watching you ! Ok rant over !

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

Those are the sellers one has to avoid at all costs. A couple of years ago I bought a "record player" on a Crazy Wednesday auction. Cost of postage was to be "calculated" after the close of auction. I initially asked for an estimate - which was R40. The auction closed with one bid of R1 - I immediately received an email stating "Postage R100" :rolleyes: When I got the record player postage was about R30. It was badly packed and, as fate would have it, the record player was a shell with all the inside bits removed.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I too have had an issue with a certain seller. They often are selling something I really want on CW but when I ask what the postage might be I never get an answer. I can only assume that they wish to calculate postage once they see what the item sells for. But... they miss out on my bids on some items and hopefully they miss out on other buyer's bids too as a result.

Will never ever bid until I get an answer beforehand and I think it's so shortsighted of the sellers to act in such a manner - I hope it's only themselves they are kidding.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Sounds like the one I am watching ! Asked about postage on one of their Crazy Auctions but never got a reply so I never bid !

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
I too have had an issue with a certain seller. They often are selling something I really want on CW but when I ask what the postage might be I never get an answer. I can only assume that they wish to calculate postage once they see what the item sells for. But... they miss out on my bids on some items and hopefully they miss out on other buyer's bids too as a result.

Will never ever bid until I get an answer beforehand and I think it's so shortsighted of the sellers to act in such a manner - I hope it's only themselves they are kidding.

If this was me I would send another question.I ASKED FOR THE POSTAGE COSTS AND I AM NOT GOING TO BID UNTIL YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION DAMMIT LOL:rolleyes:

Hope it wasn't me.

if this user does regular crazy Wed auctions then the excessive postage costs can only catch up with his/her auctions.Eventually the auctions will be passed by and there will be fewer buyers.

My son who lives in the UK was telling me the other day that when he had to go and register at NHS in his area our doctor's daughter is one of the NHS doctors at that surgery.

My son was saying it is a small world and the past will always catch up with us --So keep it clean

Edited by geewhizz

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
If this was me I would send another question.I ASKED FOR THE POSTAGE COSTS AND I AM NOT GOING TO BID UNTIL YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION DAMMIT LOL:rolleyes:

Hope it wasn't me.

if this user does regular crazy Wed auctions then the excessive postage costs can only catch up with his/her auctions.Eventually the auctions will be passed by and there will be fewer buyers.

My son who lives in the UK was telling me the other day that when he had to go and register at NHS in his area our doctor's daughter is one of the NHS doctors at that surgery.

My son was saying it is a small world and the past will always catch up with us --So keep it clean

As they say "What goes around comes around" and "Karma is a B-tch'...

RISadler    10
RISadler

Informing the buyer of additional cost in excess of the "purchase" amount only after the auction has closed, is against the stipulations of the CPA and hence the "sale" is not a binding contract.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

Perhaps it can be somehow automatically implemented that items can only be listed as special listings (crazy wednesdays, snap fridays etc) IF shipping is clearly provided?

BABADAUD    10
BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD