Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Buyer K Coates

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

(huge sigh)

Some buyers! Or should I say some newbies! Grrr....

Silver - Sterling silver ring - PLAIN BAND - Dreams Collection (size 7 / O) was sold for R240.00 on 25 Apr at 14:56 by Cali Craft and Gems in Oudtshoorn (ID:143068329)

Ring made by jeweller and measured as a size 7.

Ring checked before being packaged at jeweller and marked as size 7.

Jeweller lists ring as size 7 and I buy it from the jeweller.

I now check the ring and it is size 7.

I list the ring on BoB (and put it in my shop) as a size 7.

Buyer buys the ring, I take it out of the ring box, polish it, put it in a plastic bag, bubblewrap it then place it in the envelope, sending it to the buyer, and it is still... you guessed it... a size 7.

(PS. only ONE ring in this style was ever in our store so there is no way that it could not be anything but the size 7)

Buyer does not bother to contact me in any way shape or form except by leaving a "note" in the neutral rating that it is (in their opinion) not a size 7.

I send the buyer a message via the BoB system stating that I've double checked the size going right back to the suppliers' listing and that it is a size 7, but if they are not happy with the ring that they are most welcome to return it.

Then the fun starts...

The rating is hastily changed to a negative claiming that I've attacked her in a private message! (original rating: "Was attacked via private message because i did not receive what was advertised. This selling needs to check their stock before advertising the sizes")

I then calmly (okay calm in the email, fuming in reality) send the buyer another message stating once again that they must please return the item if they are not happy, but also now informing him / her that with them refusing to contact me via email, etc instead insisting on communicating via the rating is frowned upon by BoB and can be seen as rating abuse.

Then the ratings begin to change - still the big ugly red face, but the wording gets changed (getting nastier every time).

Now tell me... with me asking the buyer to return the item if they are not satisfied, how in any possible way can this be construed as an "attack"? What justifies them giving me a negative when all I'm trying to do is help? (PS. I know where they live as I grew up around the corner so I can visit them in person to collect the ring, but why should I waste a 900km round trip's worth of fuel - would this even satisfy them?)

Typically this would happen when BoB is unavailable (assuming they'd be closed on Wed)... so please BoB (or the powers that be) - make this ugly red face (and buyer) disappear...

PS. After the rating has been changed by the buyer countless times, I have now returned the rating with kind. Perhaps not the "right" thing to do, but geez... enough is enough!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Cali Craft and Gems

And just before 2am, the wording in the rating was changed - again! Now apparently I'm the one who has been doing the threatening! (rating states absolutely nothing about the initial issue at hand and still no email communication from the buyer!)

irishlady    10
irishlady
And just before 2am, the wording in the rating was changed - again! Now apparently I'm the one who has been doing the threatening! (rating states absolutely nothing about the initial issue at hand and still no email communication from the buyer!)

you have nearly 20,000 ratings...only 5 negative ratings..thats very good...but i dont think you giving that buyer a revenge rating simply becaus you did not like the buyer giving you a negative rating is doing you any good either

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Maybe the buyer got a size 7 but it turns out she is not a size 7 ring and therefore think the size is wrong? Obviously it's still no reason to accuse people of threatening them, but some people get very defensive when you try explain things... (maybe all the E cigarettes she bought aren't doing the trick?!)

I'm sure BoB will sort it out, i had a buyer refuse to remove a negative rating even though i replaced the item with a new one (he bought a second hand item), i emailed BoB and they removed the rating.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

........... and you think you've got a problem ! This buyer want to eat her cake and have it

Buyers rating to me.

06 May 2014 18:32

Rating

Neutral

Comment

Thanks, but did not receive the 1 I won

Originally Replied on

06 May 2014 19:08

Seller:

Hi Sxxxxxx,

Please contact me before leaving any neutral or negative rating. Can you please send me a picture of the bracelet you have received.

Regards

Miems

Subject: Re: Neutral Rating

Hi Sxxxxx !

I'm so sorry, Sxxxxx, only see the pearl and nothing else. Can I send you the correct bracelet please ?

Yes, but how so I get this 1 to you?

Can you please return it to :

M. Van Rhyn,

P.O. Box xxxx,

xxxx.

Please then let me know how much the shipping was and I will refund it to you.

Best regards

Miems

Or can I just keep this one also for the shipping cost?

Or you can pay me R30 for that one and keep it. I will post the 2nd one to you on my own cost.

Postage n packaging comes out to about R30 if you going to pay the postage for me to send it back.

Sxxxx, its fine, I will send you the other bracelet for free. Please change the neutral rating you gave me to positive please.

Thank you

Regards

Miems

Edited by MiemsJewels

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

WOW!

The utter nerve of some people.

Cali Craft and Gems

I have emailed BoB so can only wait to see what transpires.

However, in reply to irishlady - I do not usually retaliate with a negative rating, but made my decision to do so in this instance based purely on the constant refusal by the buyer to communicate via any other means excepting via the rating!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Methinks some people 'slipped' outta the doctor's hands when they were born and they hit their head on the floor; scrambled brains... haven't got a lick of sense.

Ruthie

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

I think giving a difficult buyer who won't communicate with you and won't make any effort to resolve the issue a negative rating is fair. You're rating your experience with the buyer, which in this case was negative, so giving them a positive (or leaving it a positive) seems dishonest.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Can't argue with stupid ! Oh well some mothers children !

Looks like Cali's buyer really doesn't understand the use of the rating system NOT being for the actual communication as such. Somewhat confused me thinks. I can understand your negative rating her ...just so much one can take !

Miems your buyer is unique ! Really were does she come from !

Thx Ruthie for the giggle !

wayjen    10
wayjen

Shame Cali, you always in the wars with your buyers. How many threads have we had now about buyers accusing you of attacking them and whatnot, it seems they all fell from the womb of the their mother who thought it was a gas attack.

Was thinking yesterday that there should be a name and shame thread on people rating each other without communicating first as this is more harmful to business then the deadbeat payers. Communicating and then the bad mouthing each other, well that's another thing.

Cali Craft and Gems

I'm sure I'm not the only seller who has run-ins with difficult buyers, but I suppose I am one of the sellers' who rants about it on the Forum.

It's for several reasons - I can only let off so much steam at home / office, but at least on BoB, there are many other sellers' who understand or who have experienced hassles too. It's nice to get feedback from others' about situations as well - at least from people who know "how" BoB works (my family does not understand!).

As far as communication goes - there have been several clients on BoB and in our shop who have approached me for different reasons, and a solution is always found - in a friendly manner! But there have also been a handful of buyers (on BoB) who ignore the simple request of letting me know via email, etc before doing the rating - mostly for simple things that can be resolved or explained (slow postage system, buyer not liking the item they purchased, etc).

But where a buyer goes on and on, then turns on me when I ask for them to return the item if they are not satisfied with their purchase, then still calls me a liar on top of it all, then I fall off my perch. I have not gotten to where I am today by being rude or otherwise. I've learned a lot over the years about customer service and communication, and I think my ratings (for BoB) and reviews (for our shop) says a lot about me / us.

If only ALL our buyers were like the outstanding ones we've dealt with over the years...