Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Why haven't this buyer been blaclisted yet by BoB?

Pierre_Henri    10
Pierre_Henri

BoB's your uncle

Great service by an efficient team.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Has now been blacklisted

But....there is another reason why many of these buyers do not close out the orders.AND THAT IS SHIPPING COSTS!!!!!!!

no excuse of course as buyers must read terms and shipping but the seller is charging R79.00 FOR ORDINARY PARCEL which for the size of item is about R50 profit on postage and also R49 for additional item.

I think this profiteering on postage is becoming a major issue on bob especially now with sales and prices attained being slow so sellers are trying to turn a profit on postage.

I know bob follow up and fine the sellers if reported but its not a deterrent,and i fear what is happening is that many new buyers are coming on to bob,lured by the cheap prices on R1 auctions,not reading the shipping prices till close out and then they renege on the auction,and after a few purchases like that they end up being blacklisted!!!and lost to bob forever.

We then lose that new buyer that bob and the ethical sellers have worked so hard on attracting to the site and that is extremely counter productive and devastating in the long run.

I sense the lack of urgency to approach this problem has expired and action must be taken to seriously root out this problem.

And the time is now .

BOB may well lose on listing fees as if the seller cant make his money on postage he will stop listing on crazy auctions cause they cost a listing fee and i sincerely hope this does not stop bob addressing this problem as losing new buyers is the worst that can happen to any business

neil

apologies fr hijacking the thread but the thread lead me to the postage problem which is the reason for these buyers mostly not closing out orders and being snc.

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

BABADAUD    10
BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade
But....there is another reason why many of these buyers do not close out the orders.AND THAT IS SHIPPING COSTS!!!!!!!

You have a very valid point, and I know BoB is attending to Shipping Fee Queries on listings.

I will not fully agree with you in this scenario.

This Buyer bought and paid for 8 purchases from 17/1/2014 to 10/6/2014. She very well knew the procedures to follow.

I lost listing fees on two listings due to her not paying.

I have noticed another trend with new buyers, and I will call it an "addiction". I sell many goods, and on numerous occasions have I received e-mails from buyers explaining that they "just could not resist this bidding thing"! When they suddenly realised what was happening, they sat with 70 orders to fulfil.

They then ask for extensions on their payments, learning from their mistakes, or others will just keep quiet.

The ones that keep quiet, get a phone call from me, and many a time the same reason will pop up....