Sign in to follow this  
thecollector92

rating system

thecollector92    10
thecollector92

as a buyer i pay all my purchases the moment the auction close. some sellers make you wait up to 15 days before rating you or even send you a tracking number. when you rate them as neutral or bad service they then rate you as a bad buyer. how can this be???? are all buyers bullied by sellers like this?? Another observation i made is that the higher a sellers ratings the more arrogant they get and the poorer the service. I wonder if the sellers sometimes wonder what will a site like bid or buy be with no buyers???? Bid or buy must educate the sellers that they must treat buyers with respect as a customer. Now days i think twice before buying from people with high ratings.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If a seller indulges in this type of behaviour, you can appeal the negative rating as this is considered rating abuse which is not acceptable on bidorbuy.

Not all sellers behave like this, the only time I give negatives is if a buyer has not paid.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Welcome!

The rating system can be abused if people are allowed to get away with it. If you feel that a rating given back is a revenge rating to your rating, then by all means contact BoB. If BoB sees a pattern from the seller, I am sure they will step in to sort the seller out. I must also agree that some sellers seem to think they are untouchable because they been on BoB for years and have more positives then negatives behind their name but if your rating and comments are speaking the truth and you have screenshots or correspondence to back up everything, then BoB will take a look and sort the issue out.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I can agree with that. Some sellers do come across as "untouchable". I've noticed that some sellers wait for the buyer to get their items before rating them, in case the buyer rates negatively or for other reasons. I don't think this is right either.

RISadler    10
RISadler

And then there are those buyers who try to bully sellers who have a 100% rating.

But I also feel that the OP must understand that some sellers aren't "professional sellers" on BoB and that even though Internet access is pretty much everywhere in South Africa, the nearest PO might be 50km or so away. Take me as an example, I officially post on Tuesdays only due to time constraints. If a buyer hasn't paid for their item(s) by 0930 on a Tuesday, then they have to and will wait for at least another week before I post their item(s).

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

That's understandable. But also, some buyers do not read the info on a sellers listing. Like you said, some sellers only get to the PO once a week. As long as it's on their listings, no one should be allowed to rate you negatively for "slow delivery". I had a buyer who purchased sunglasses from me and 3 months later he gives me a negative rating. All he said was "thanks". I called and emailed him asking why the rating but he never replied. So i called BoB and had the rating removed.

I have had a few people who rate negatively BEFORE letting me know what the problem is. I'm not a horrible or rude person. I will never tell a buyer "not my problem". If there is a problem i'll help. I'm sure BoB gets tired of me arguing over negative ratings. If i made a mistake, let me at least try fix it before you rate me. If you've had the item for 3 months or longer, then there is honestly not much i can do (certain cases). You can always appeal the rating if you feel it is unfair. If you have refunded or replaced the buyer, or if it clearly states that you only do shipping once a week.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree wholeheartedly, I try and give as much information as possible in the listing so that the buyer will know everything they need to know.

I also state in my emails that I am reasonable and will do everything in my power to have a satisfied customer, all I ask is that they talk to me first, then it can be resolved before negatives and neutrals are necessary.

wayjen    10
wayjen

We have been down this road many times with the rating system and if everyone worked together then we would have no issues and uncle BoB would have less troubles but we know that to be nothing but a pipe dream. We have mentioned the idea of not being able to rate a buyer or seller unless proof of communication was forthcoming in otherwords, I can't rate you negative unless I have proof I have contacted you regarding the sale of an item.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

That would be excellent... if, like you said, "everyone worked together ".

Sadly, some people prefer no comms at all. You cannot make everyone happy all of the time. That's just life...