Sign in to follow this  
meeks

Gold Cross Ball pens?

meeks    10
meeks

Does anyone perhaps have any knowledge of the cross ballpoint pens?.. It is gold,has the logo "Chivas Regal" on it.

I am clearing out some stuff that used to belong to my Mom, and this pen was given to her in 1990...bought in the USA..never used, still in the box, but the box has taken a slight beating, and the silky cream cover inside the lid has discoloured..with age perhaps???.as it was just left in the box.

Is this worth anything? somehow i don't think so, as cross pen are still around, but this I am told could be a "vintage" pen in the cross brand.

Thanks in advance

On closer inspection of the pen, I notice it has the following info on the pen. "1/20 10 KT Goldfilled Made in USA"

Okay..I have now found out that the pen was in fact a promotional item, and that Chivas Regal is in fact whiskey??? So...out it goes.

Edited by meeks

alloway65    10
alloway65

But Cross pens are still worth a bob or two. I lost one of mine (a Gold ball pen) a few years ago and my insurance replaced it at a cost of R1800.00.

meeks    10
meeks
But Cross pens are still worth a bob or two. I lost one of mine (a Gold ball pen) a few years ago and my insurance replaced it at a cost of R1800.00.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. This is a gold ballpoint pen- as I said 10KT Goldfilled,but it is engraved with the words "Chivas Regal", and apparently it is a "Century" model, according to someone I spoke to at the suppliers of Cross pens here in S.A, They also told me it is worth a bit, even secondhand, but could not give me a figure, but they did say it should fetch a good price at an auction.

I am told to list it on BoB, but I have no clue what to ask for it, and we can not go for "make an offer on BoB" so it will have to keep sitting in the box, tucked away I guess.