Sign in to follow this  
Free Soul Styles

Post Office Track and Trace

Free Soul Styles

I wanted to find out from other sellers, and even buyers if they are having this issue.

I send parcels in everyday from Monday to Saturday. I have been selling on BoB for almost a year now and have noticed that the parcels i send out don't seem to be getting scanned when they are at the buyers post office.

For example: I sent a parcel in on the 4th of April 2014. It got to Durban on the 8th and since then it's been at the hub. When i call the post office customer care they tell me it's been at the buyers post office since the 9th. So for 8 days it's been sitting there and no one has scanned it in. The item could be stolen by now for all i know. I have informed the buyer of the location and now i'm waiting for feedback.

It seems to happen to me 2/3 times a month. Which is annoying. I get buyers asking where their parcels are and when i call the center they tell me something different. One gent waited almost a month till i eventually got a consultant to email me their trace so i could show the guy his parcel was there. I use track my parcel and the post office track and trace.

Is this happening to anyone else?

meeks
I wanted to find out from other sellers, and even buyers if they are having this issue.

I send parcels in everyday from Monday to Saturday. I have been selling on BoB for almost a year now and have noticed that the parcels i send out don't seem to be getting scanned when they are at the buyers post office.

For example: I sent a parcel in on the 4th of April 2014. It got to Durban on the 8th and since then it's been at the hub. When i call the post office customer care they tell me it's been at the buyers post office since the 9th. So for 8 days it's been sitting there and no one has scanned it in. The item could be stolen by now for all i know. I have informed the buyer of the location and now i'm waiting for feedback.

It seems to happen to me 2/3 times a month. Which is annoying. I get buyers asking where their parcels are and when i call the center they tell me something different. One gent waited almost a month till i eventually got a consultant to email me their trace so i could show the guy his parcel was there. I use track my parcel and the post office track and trace.

Is this happening to anyone else?

This is a very common problem with SAPO..I have endless "arguments" with head office via phone calls and emails,because the problem is that the tracking site is very often not kept up to date by SAPO staff. they have as much as admitted to that a few times.

I have also had buyers wanting to know from me where their parcels are, and on phoning customer services, have found that the parcel/s in question have in fact been at the destination post office for a couple of days already.

Free Soul Styles

Glad it's not only me!

Thanks for letting me know. I've also called and sent emails about this but no one ever gets back to me. Not like i was really expecting them to email/call back anyway.

Thanks!

Edited by Free Soul Styles

Vinyl Lady Decals

Oh yes, this is so true, last week it took me 8 phone calls to track down exactly where one parcel was and exactly which post office it was at.

Then it was another mission to get the post office to keep the parcel for the buyer as they hadn;t bothered to scan the parcel or send out collection slips. How is the buyer supposed to know when the parcel is there if the staff can't be bothered to do their job properly.

I've also got another buyer this week whose parcel has been returned to me for exactly the same reason, she didn't know it was there because they didn't scan it or send slips.

On top of this, SAPO wants to charge for the parcel when I collect it, and then again to resend it, so it ends up with 3 x postage and they make the money, but don't do the job. This is just not acceptable in my view.

This is becoming very frustrating.

Free Soul Styles

It's very difficult to sort out. Buyers do not always have patience with stuff like this. They tend to want to fight. I wish i could remove the post office option from my shipping table all together, but courier in't exactly cheap either.