Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

"One Man's Junk....

Not1CentMore

... is another man's treasure", or so 'they' say.

Lots of 'junk' in this picture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5047[/ATTACH]

Then again, there is 'treasure'. Find the 'treasure' and win a 'something' from my jewelry collection.

Answer will be posted and winner announced Friday, 25th April, PM (my time).

Have Fun!

Ruthie

wayjen

I saw Cesar so far.

Not1CentMore

That's a Caesar salad, right Wayne? With chocolate sprinkles? Ya know, to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours.:biggrin:

Ruthie

wayjen
That's a Caesar salad, right Wayne? With chocolate sprinkles? Ya know, to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours.:biggrin:

Ruthie

ummmm, errrr yes Ruthie that would be correct. You know i have to get fit to do allllll the pedalling.

RISadler

Cesareo Arredamenti - Genova ... somebody is going to (a) have to supply the furnishings for the new houses, and (b) lots of neat stuff in that rubble that can be fixed and reused. (Arredamenti is Italian for furnishings.)

Not1CentMore

The 'treasure' is.... in the eye of the beholder.

One man's 'junk' (whatever it may be) is another man's 'treasure'. So there is no one single answer.

Wayne saw Caesar (maybe salad, who knows with him always seeing 'things' through his tummy) and RISandler saw lots of stuff that with a little love and a lot of 'elbow grease' could be turned into treasure.

Both are winners. Congrats!

RISandler... please send your mailing address via PM and I will post a 'something' from my jewelry collection, sending tracking number when posted (first of next week).

Wayne.... I've got your 'number'. Will post your parcel at the same time.

Ruthie

wayjen

ha ha ha I can't be a winner with that nonsense I spoke.

To respond to RISadler, coming to the USA, we were surprised to see what actually gets tossed in the dumpsters and the actual dumping sites. Clearing out auctioned storage units you would be surprised and what the auction winners actually throw away that can be sold and repaired for selling. I have got things out of dumpsters that are in perfect working order and things next to dumpsters that were put out because they are no longer needed. I have got plenty out of storage units that were going to be tossed into the dumpster and the indoor dump sites here in Florida. I have seen things at the dump site that I know can be resold or fixed but have not had the time to sort through it because of time constraints. I have seen whole storage units been bought on auction because the items look fantastic only to find that hidden below eyesight , the items were broken and although they can be fixed, it's easier to toss them because you want a quick turnover on the items you bought and fixing the fixable items with not be worth the time.

Big screen tv sets that weigh the same as a small car, are dumper all the time because of upgrades etc. You cannot give these working sets away or even sell them and I know because I tried to give ours away because I was given a Polaroid 37" HDTV flat screen because I help move a couple in our apartment block. Computers are tossed but I try and salvage them and get them working for resell.

Although it sounds like easy pickings, the trade off is manual labour and clearing out storage units is no joke when you first have to empty the unit into the back of a truck then from there to the warehouse to offload then sorting and stacking then dumping the real junk.

Not1CentMore

Ahhh... too late, Wayne. Parcel was dropped off this AM and I set up USPS tracking notifications for ya. I mean, can't everyone use a 'dressing' for their Caesar (salad or otherwise)? :whistling: Would have given ya a 'ring-a-ding', but cell went 'belly up'... and it is only 5-years-old. Shoot-a-bug, 'they' just don't make anything like they used to. Off to town tomorrow afternoon for a new one.

Ruthie

RISadler

Wayne, I am also gobsmacked when I see the stuff that gets thrown away because people are too lazy to repair it. For example, there are just about 100K people in this burg where I park it. But there is not even one real shoe-repair shop. (Yes, there are a few of those glue-new-soles-on shops, but nobody who can actually repair stitching and such.)

wayjen
Ahhh... too late, Wayne. Parcel was dropped off this AM and I set up USPS tracking notifications for ya. I mean, can't everyone use a 'dressing' for their Caesar (salad or otherwise)? :whistling: Would have given ya a 'ring-a-ding', but cell went 'belly up'... and it is only 5-years-old. Shoot-a-bug, 'they' just don't make anything like they used to. Off to town tomorrow afternoon for a new one.

Ruthie

oh boy!! well guess what, my service is also off like last time so not sure about receiving calls but I think that's off.

check PURETALKUSA cause Jenny been looking into a cheaper option too.

wayjen
Wayne, I am also gobsmacked when I see the stuff that gets thrown away because people are too lazy to repair it. For example, there are just about 100K people in this burg where I park it. But there is not even one real shoe-repair shop. (Yes, there are a few of those glue-new-soles-on shops, but nobody who can actually repair stitching and such.)

I hear you. Whilst clearing out a storage unit a few weeks ago we watched a guy from maybe Haiti or even somewhere in Africa actually carving what looked like a huge headboard and he was good and you don't always see this because you can buy everything already made here in the USA. Another storage unit just recently, looked like it was full of antique furniture or maybe antique replica looking furniture so our friend bids and wins. When we go collect, we find that almost everything in the storage unit was broken. Out of the 6 or 8 dining room table chairs, all but 2 had a leg sliced off near the bottom and I don't mean broken but cleanly sliced at an angle almost as if the layers of wood had just slid apart yet those pieces were not in the unit so these items were stored like that in the unit. We loaded the loss and had to pay the dump site to go and dump that whole storage unit in the trash, I think all he got was a china cabinet. If someone had the time to fix the items in the locker then it could have been sold for good money.

People really pay to hoard rubbish here. A unit had a fish tank in it with some water still in the tank and buckets of water, can you believe it? Some units and dumpsters have real treasures in them whilst some have just junk but that's the risk you take.

Edited by wayjen

Not1CentMore
oh boy!! well guess what, my service is also off like last time so not sure about receiving calls but I think that's off.

check PURETALKUSA cause Jenny been looking into a cheaper option too.

Oh, boy... guess we will have to 'let our fingers do the talking' (email). Think we can 'chat' an hour or two before our fingers wear out?

Thanks for suggestion. Methinks I will stay with Net10. Service out here in the 'boonies' is iffy (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and Net10 seems to 'do the trick'. I can get either 750 minutes text/talk (if I buy the card at Walmart) or 1000 minutes talk / text (if I buy online) for $25.00/month and that is more than enough 'lip time' for my needs. Usually have a couple of hundred to several hundred minutes left over when it is time to 'pay up' again, but what the hey.... cheaper than signing my name on the bottom line (contract) and being 'stuck' for two years.

Tell Jenny that AT&T has a plan now for 4 people, four lines, $160.00USD/month. Haven't the foggiest about what all ya get.

Ruthie

wayjen
Oh, boy... guess we will have to 'let our fingers do the talking' (email). Think we can 'chat' an hour or two before our fingers wear out?

Thanks for suggestion. Methinks I will stay with Net10. Service out here in the 'boonies' is iffy (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and Net10 seems to 'do the trick'. I can get either 750 minutes text/talk (if I buy the card at Walmart) or 1000 minutes talk / text (if I buy online) for $25.00/month and that is more than enough 'lip time' for my needs. Usually have a couple of hundred to several hundred minutes left over when it is time to 'pay up' again, but what the hey.... cheaper than signing my name on the bottom line (contract) and being 'stuck' for two years.

Tell Jenny that AT&T has a plan now for 4 people, four lines, $160.00USD/month. Haven't the foggiest about what all ya get.

Ruthie

Thanks Ruthie, I did send off a few emails to you too. Let me do some research quick on that Net10 option.