Sign in to follow this  
Ilya2005

Fake sapphire from dennisvoster

Ilya2005    10
Ilya2005

In the last month, I bought what was advertised as a "genuine and natural 5.80 carat citrus-colored sapphire" from Dennis Voster, claiming to be "certified",,,bidorbuy item ID: 136200291 I paid R3370, including S&H. After receiving the "gem", I had it certified, as I do all my gem purchases, at American Gem Labs in New York City. They and GIA are the two top gem labs in the world.

Yesterday, I got the gem back from AGL with this certification: IT IS A SYNTHETIC!! Not natural nor genuine. To say that I am displeased at outright fraud and wholesale banditry is an understatement. I don't mind spending what it takes to collect great gems for my collection, but, I draw the line at being sold trash as if it were treasure. :mad:

For anyone considering buying a "genuine" Sapphire from Dennis Voster, be very careful.

Ilya2005

alloway65    10
alloway65

Lodge an official complaint with BoB...you have the Proof......lots of fakes are being sold as the real thing on BoB. I have bought quite a few Hydrothermals myself in the distant past. Good Luck.

alloway65

Ilya2005    10
Ilya2005

No Help

Please send supporting proof through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, so that we can take this matter further with the seller. Thank you.

I sent both BOB and Mr. Vorster Xeroxes of the AGL certification as a synthetic gem as you requested and of the "guarantee" from Mr. Voster that the stone is natural. I have heard nothing from BOB and I still don't have my money.

Apparently, BOB is complicit in fraud...that's all I can conclude.

Ilya2005

admin    0
admin

Duplicate thread. Thread closed.