Sign in to follow this  
bankboy

Broken Item - returned ...who bears the postage cost??

bankboy    10
bankboy

Hi All

I recently purchased a scale- from a seller.... you can see the question I asked below.

Q:

Hi- is the scale in perfect working order?

Do you have the box for it?

Also what will postage be to JHB?

Thanks :) - Asked by bankboy (45 Rating score between 10 and 49)

05 Feb 11:04

A:

Hi there

Does appear to work but it appears to stick a bit. Could be just an adjustment though. It looks to be in good nick though maybe its just me, being a woman, don't quite know how to adjust it etc. No it did not come in a box when I bought it over unfortunately. Postage will be R55 ordinary parcel mail with a tracking number.

Regards

Anita

So - as per her response I bought it.... paid R55 postage. (postage cost R40 at SAPO)

Received the scale - to find it not working at all

At first she did not want to refund me for the scale.... after a second call to her - she agreed.

It costed me another R40 to send back to her....so in total I spent R95 for nothing.

I sent this query to bidorbuy...and they agreed she should be liable for postage

I even gave her option of at least refunding me the initial full amount (R186 scale +R55 postage) but she refuses.

I feel robbed

Advice please

Thanks in advance

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I agree with BoB. If the item is not working then you should be refunded for the item and postage you paid as well as for the shipping costs to send it back. There's a big difference between not working at all and sticking... Just my opinion.

bankboy    10
bankboy

Thanks .... for the reply...that's also what I was thinking.