Sign in to follow this  
Nubbi

First Day Issues And Homeland Albums!

Nubbi

hi, i would be grateful if somebody could help me? I have just inherited three boxes of stamps from my grandfather who was a serious collector! I have a box full of first day releases and complete albums of homeland stamps(Bop,transkei ect) and boxes full of sheets of stamps - I know less than nothing about this hobby? is it worth anything? should i list them or hold of for a couple of years? where can I get more info?

regards

nubbi

Rusty500

Hi Nubbi,

Not trying to be nasty at all, but if your Grandfather was a serious collector, there wouldn't be any boxes involved. As I also live in George, I would gladly take a look at the collection you have and then give you my 5c worth. I am an amateur collector, but I have learnt a bit over the past few years. I have no intention of "making an offer", but merely offering a helping hand.

Regards,

Chris Flack

Rusty500

Nubbi

was there another way to get them to me from Bloemfontein without putting all these albums and so forth in boxes?

Rusty500

Ahh, so there are albums with stamps in them inside the boxes, and not just loose stamps.

Nubbi

thats right

dstorm
was there another way to get them to me from Bloemfontein without putting all these albums and so forth in boxes?

Sometimes I laugh when the situation might be quite serious.

mellowred
Sometimes I laugh when the situation might be quite serious.

bet you lit up another ciggie too :D I know I did :cool:

dstorm

Hello Mellowred

Well. What can I say?

To tell the truth I only smoke when I am happy or frustrated. I treat whisky in the same manner.

Regards

Jacques

gabriel 1

Hi all

I have already mentioned that people often bring me stamps in old supermarket packets, definetely an option. I am expecting a great interest in Homelands in the near future due to certain activities that are taking place and make no mistake, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of these issues. From a Thematic point of view there are many options open to the collector, something to ponder over a smoke.

Regards

Gabriel1

mellowred

Jacques and Gabriel1

I've never collected a stamp in my life.

I read these posts simply because you two never fail to give me a good giggle.

Thank you

Mandy

:D:D

gabriel 1

Hi Mandy

We are always looking for new collectors, especially those of the fairer sex, visit our Exhibition with a Difference on 25+26 July, it will change your life and if you don't smoke you will definetely start. We have a smokers corner in the middle of the hall you can't miss us.

Regards

Gabriel1

mellowred

LOL Gabriel, I'd be in the the one with the Kent firmly clasped between my manicured finger tips.

I'm in Herms so doubt I'll make this exhibition. Will be in Gauteng in Mid August or early September so keep me informed.

Have a good Friday

Mandy

PS : I'll bring those postcards ;)