Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

BOBpay rant ...

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, so I eventually decided to accept BOBpay payments ... click here, click there ... and it's all set. Wonderful, right?

So yesterday I requested my first payout, for R6559,70 ... and BoB refuses!

Why? Because I have to supply them with certain documents, amongst others a "utility bill" as proof of "residence". Well, that last one is a bit of a problem for me as my residence is owned by a trust (and thus the "utility bills" are not in my name, but in the name of the trust).

So here's my beef:

If BoB is apparently attempting to comply with FICA, it should have been better if BoB had done all the paperwork BEFORE accepting payments on my behalf. Now BoB has my money and I can't get at it because I cannot provide the documents BoB suddenly requires ... EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A VALID BANK ACCOUNT WHICH COMPLIES 100% TO FICA REQUIREMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!

This state of affairs both sucks and wipes, in that order. :mad:

qball    11
qball

I am sorry to hear that. These are our rules which you agreed to... so please kindly comply. The quicker this is done, the quicker we can pay you your money. We do this as part of our security checks on first payout requests, especially on such large amounts we can't do this before, as we deal with thousands of registrations on the site, that is why we do it at the point of the payout request. We do also state this on the payout page as well as the bobPay terms. Whilst this may be considered an inconvenience, which we understand, it is a once off process.

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, found it ...

Please note - bidorbuy reserves the right, from time to time, to request identity and address confirmation documentation before a payout request is processed.

So this is completely discretionary and not compulsory.

You see, qball, the problem is that it is very cumbersome for me to prove my "residency". So use your discretionary powers ...

Why exactly do you want to know where I live? Who do you need to know where I live?

The logical thing would be to just ask for proof of my bank account.

Edited by RISadler

RISadler    10
RISadler

Another thing, qball, is that you lot at BoB are asking me to fax or email certified copies of certain documents, and that is precisely where the wheels fall off your cart ...

The reason for this is that a copy of a certified copy of a document is no longer a certified copy of the document. The whole point of the certification is that it (the certification) must be original, as its purpose is to certify that the copy is a true copy of the original document. Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to ask me to fax or email a certified copy of a document to you, because what you receive at your end is not a certified copy anymore.

Edited by RISadler

qball    11
qball
Another thing, qball, is that you lot at BoB are asking me to fax or email certified copies of certain documents, and that is precisely where the wheels fall off your cart ...

The reason for this is that a copy of a certified copy of a document is no longer a certified copy of the document. The whole point of the certification is that it (the certification) must be original, as its purpose is to certify that the copy is a true copy of the original document. Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to ask me to fax or email a certified copy of a document to you, because what you receive at your end is not a certified copy anymore.

Sorry, those are the rules...

The whole point of getting something certified is to confirm that the original document was examined and confirmed to be valid.

qball    11
qball
OK, found it ...

So this is completely discretionary and not compulsory.

You see, qball, the problem is that it is very cumbersome for me to prove my "residency". So use your discretionary powers ...

Why exactly do you want to know where I live? Who do you need to know where I live?

The logical thing would be to just ask for proof of my bank account.

It is compulsory in this instance. If you can supply proof of your bank account which includes your address, that would suffice...

Thanks!

RISadler    10
RISadler

Issue resolved ...

The issue has been resolved. Bennet Massyn accepted my arguments and the payout has been approved.

But just for clarification (and for the benefit of all the other BoB'ers) ... The reason why BoB wants to know where each of us live, is because of this paragraph in the BOBpay agreement:

In the unlikely event that a bobPay EFT transaction is reversed by a bank for whatever reason, you will owe bidorbuy for the amount of the reversed transaction plus any fees imposed on bidorbuy as a result of the reversal.

bidorbuy will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your bidorbuy account balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your bidorbuy account, bidorbuy reserves the right to collect your debt to bidorbuy by any other legal means.

In order for BoB to actually do this, they need to know which Magistrate's Court has jurisdiction, hence they need to know where we live (s.28(a) of the Magistrates' Courts Act 32 of 1944). So it is not for the purpose of security checks that they seek this information; it is so they can sue us in the correct court.

Hannibal Smith once said: "My word is as good as yours."

qball    11
qball
The issue has been resolved. Bennet Massyn accepted my arguments and the payout has been approved.

But just for clarification (and for the benefit of all the other BoB'ers) ... The reason why BoB wants to know where each of us live, is because of this paragraph in the BOBpay agreement:

In order for BoB to actually do this, they need to know which Magistrate's Court has jurisdiction, hence they need to know where we live (s.28(a) of the Magistrates' Courts Act 32 of 1944). So it is not for the purpose of security checks that they seek this information; it is so they can sue us in the correct court.

Hannibal Smith once said: "My word is as good as yours."

Thank you, yes we did receive the docs.

This is not the reason we request this information. It is a security check to validate and confirm the details of the requester, to screen against fraudulent payout requests, to confirm your identity and your address in the event of fraudulent activity and to protect the requester in the event their details have been compromised due to identity theft.

RISadler    10
RISadler
It is a security check to validate and confirm the details of the requester, to screen against fraudulent payout requests, to confirm your identity and your address in the event of fraudulent activity and to protect the requester in the event their details have been compromised due to identity theft.

You say so, so it is so. :wink:

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

It's easy to get a proof of residence document where I live. You just wander up to the window at the town hall and ask the two ladies sitting there for a proof of residence letter. You tell them your name,ID number and address, and they fill it in on the form, sign it and stamp it, making it all legal and official. And totally meaningless.

If you want it spelt correctly, it's easiest to type it out first for them to copy.

jogesel    10
jogesel

BOB employeesl sound like used car salesmen - i.e. "read the fine print" and "those are the rules". How about looking at ways to make things easier for your customers?

I had the same problem. Requested a payout and was told to first send certified documents. I live in South Africa and my municipality does not deem it fit to send me my utiulity bills, hence an extra trip to their offices to wait in line to get a bill which I must then get certified and send to BOB.

My bank account is RICAD FICAD etc and I use it to buy on BOB so I don't understand the problem.

If I were a crook I could easily get the documents which BOB requests and then these to BOB. The money goes into a bank account not a residence - so what's the point of proving proof of residence? How secure is that anyway?

I submitted my documents 3 days ago and am still waiting for a payout. I do note that BOB has been quick to take it's share. No problem in that regard - no waiting by BOB.

I wonder how much of a security measure this so-called rule is and how much of a scam it is.

Who gets interest on the money that is not immedeately paid out? The client or BOB.? Just makes me wonder. The longer the delay the more the interest.

I do hope that on the 4 or 5 day after receiving my documents BOB will pay out.

admin    0
admin
BOB employeesl sound like used car salesmen - i.e. "read the fine print" and "those are the rules". How about looking at ways to make things easier for your customers?

I had the same problem. Requested a payout and was told to first send certified documents. I live in South Africa and my municipality does not deem it fit to send me my utiulity bills, hence an extra trip to their offices to wait in line to get a bill which I must then get certified and send to BOB.

My bank account is RICAD FICAD etc and I use it to buy on BOB so I don't understand the problem.

If I were a crook I could easily get the documents which BOB requests and then these to BOB. The money goes into a bank account not a residence - so what's the point of proving proof of residence? How secure is that anyway?

I submitted my documents 3 days ago and am still waiting for a payout. I do note that BOB has been quick to take it's share. No problem in that regard - no waiting by BOB.

I wonder how much of a security measure this so-called rule is and how much of a scam it is.

Who gets interest on the money that is not immedeately paid out? The client or BOB.? Just makes me wonder. The longer the delay the more the interest.

I do hope that on the 4 or 5 day after receiving my documents BOB will pay out.

Hi jogesel,

You requested the payout on 13/03/14 (Thursday) @15:50, payout requests needs to be made before 9am on a business day to be processed that same day. The needed documents from you was requested on 14/03/14 (Friday) @ 07:05, giving you ample time to send the documents through before the cut off time. You sent the documents in on 14/03/14 (Friday) @ 16:37, once again missing the cut off time. Your request should be processed tomorrow (Monday), which is a business day, if the documents are accepted.

How to request a bobPay Payout Request?

Log into My bidorbuy, click on the selling tab and at the bottom of the left hand side navigation menu under Payments you will find Payout Request.

Complete the requested information and submit the form. Payouts are processed every business day. All requests made before 9am on a business day will be processed that same day and in most cases should reflect in the recipients bank account by the next day.

Note, bidorbuy may request your ID and a utility bill before processing your first payout request or if any of your information has changed. This is a standard security precaution on our part to protect both Buyer and Seller. We apologise if this causes a delay or for inconvenience caused.

How to request a bobPay Payout Request? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

In light of the above facts I have pointed out regarding your payout request, I respectfully suggest that in future you first get your facts straight before making accusations on a public forum.

The first payout request procedure that we have in place will not be changed or deviated from as it serves its purpose from a security point of view. Why we request the documents and how we use them to combat possible fraudulent payouts is proven to work for us.

Thank you.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Jogesel,-i have read a number of his posts,every chance he has he bashes sellers and BOB as a whole.,has never had anything good to say about anyone or anything.

I can only wonder what he is still doing on this fantastic platform .

neil

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

He's obviously joined the ranks of the sellers, so he'll now be able to bash the buyers too. :-)

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

As a seller I thought it compulsory for BoB to have the sellers details , addresses etc , how do sellers get around the issue of not supplying these details , I will cancell a purchase immediatly if the sellers details are not provided and that includes full name ( not just MR b etc ) and a valid phone number , as far as I know that is law and cannot be open to discussion , how come so many sellers still operate without giving that information and only a free worthless email at some obscure address that is not traceable .

Edited by mrmouse

JANDS    10
JANDS

Yah no well fine.

Find me a platform that only charges 5% and works.....without the drudgery of going into work each day, communicating with your clients in an eloquent fashion whilst dressed in only your underwear and unshaven or with bleary eyes. I dont have to stand at a stall smiling at tyre-kickers who finger my items for sale in an arrogant fashion and then throw them back on the table......ermm.....Oh yes, I don't pay for what I don't sell and the rent is free.......well now.

Anyone?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I had to reply to this.If a new seller absconded with a buyers money,the buyer would soon complain that Bob has no security.

These measures are in place for the benefit of all and I second Jands reply above.

After trading on Bob for the last six years I experiance no problem with being paid out.

If I request a payout today (on time) it is in my account the next day.

We have had cases where users have sold low priced items to get some good ratings and then listed high priced items and absconded.

I by no means think this is the case but Bob are entitled to take precautions:wondering:

JANDS:And those buyers on the market who say"Can I have it a little bit cheaper" still rings in my ears.

Edited by geewhizz

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
...whilst dressed in only your underwear and unshaven or with bleary eyes.

Yep, yep, yep.

Ruthie

RISadler    10
RISadler

You all seem to miss some of my points. First and foremost, this information should have been requested BEFORE allowing me to sell on BoB and certainly before forcing me to use the BobPay system. Second, this IS about determining which court has jurisdiction ... but this aspect is fine with me. Third, the method in which the documents are requested makes it clear that those who have decided this have absolutely no understanding of "certified" documents ... but again this is absolutely fine with me.

Question: Since Ruthie is a peregrinus of the South African courts, as a buyer who do I sue if she welshes on a deal? BoB, of course, as per section 30(3) of R.293 (April 2011), issued in terms of the Consumer Protection Act 2008, which states: "An auctioneer conducting an auction via the internet or other electronic medium or platform may not exclude liability if any goods purchased by auction are not delivered to the purchaser thereof."

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Question: Since Ruthie is a peregrinus of the South African courts, as a buyer who do I sue if she welshes on a deal? BoB, of course, as per section 30(3) of R.293 (April 2011), issued in terms of the Consumer Protection Act 2008, which states: "An auctioneer conducting an auction via the internet or other electronic medium or platform may not exclude liability if any goods purchased by auction are not delivered to the purchaser thereof."

Perhaps someone with more 'smarts' than I can answer your question, but on a personal note, I have not / do not / and never will NOT honor my 'obligations' in either my professional or personal life. For me, it is not simply a matter of 'Complainant vs Seller' in Court, it is about integrity. I would hope that after nine years on BoB, my rating (99.53% positive) would be 'proof in the pudding' that, although not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I am a person a Buyer can trust with their online purchase(s).

Ruthie

RISadler    10
RISadler
... but on a personal note, I have not / do not / and never will NOT honor my 'obligations' in either my professional or personal life. For me, it is not simply a matter of 'Complainant vs Seller' in Court, it is about integrity. I would hope that after nine years on BoB, my rating (99.53% positive) would be 'proof in the pudding' that, although not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I am a person a Buyer can trust with their online purchase(s).

My apologies, I was merely trying to illustrate something and did not know you are one of those people who take everything personally. :blush:

qball    11
qball
Hi, has this been resolved?

Has what been resolved?

ndc73    10
ndc73

Good day

Can you please give me a feedback on my payout? I requested a payout on 26 November 2014 and sent my required documents before 9am the same day. I also requested a feedback on 28 November 2014 before 9am with no response. Then I also called the call centre twice regarding this to spoke to the owner handling my tickets and on both occasions he was not at his desk to spoke with me, I also left messages with the call centre that he must phone me back with an update and I am still waiting.

Please give me a feedback

Thank you

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I have a slight problem... I requested a payout last week, i got it on Saturday after sending documents as well. I'm not listed on the leasing documents to my place, my husband is, but the listing agent sent me a letter and TaDa! i got my cash.

Problem is, i saw yesterday that i apparently requested another transfer... Which i did not. When i called up BoB a gent in the security department assisted and said he can see no payout requests since the one on Wednesday. I can see it, as light as day, so i sent him a screen shot. Now i wait... How can this happen? My account details are the same, nothing was changed.