Sign in to follow this  
Free Soul Styles

Ordering only to get your email address

Free Soul Styles

Hi everyone,

Today i received an order from a buyer. I then got an email from her asking if i had bulk stock of a certain item, not the item she ordered. She then apologized for the order but only placed it so she could email me.

She's from a large company... Is this allowed? Can she just randomly do this for my details? Do i rate her negatively for now making me file SNC's etc? By her ratings, i'm guessing she's done this a few times :

911407 (3)

Rating: 61.54% positive ratings

I'm using her details just to warn other buyers about her. I have emailed the community watch about this as well. Don't think it's right that she can just place orders and not complete them. She's purchased a total of 32 items, i'm sure she knows the "ask the seller a question" option. But she rather places an order because of the email address from the buyer.

Reliquiae

FSS, I'd SNC her without a second thought. That has cost you time, effort and money.

I had a similar situation a few days ago...

I had someone request a lower BuyItNow price from me. When I agreed and listed the item at a lower price, the person then Ordered the item and THEN phoned me, having gotten access to my phone number, to request more photos and more info'.

This annoyed me no end.

I emailed the person more photos and info', fully intending to SNC him if he reneged on the deal. The deal went through though.

I didn't like his attitude towards me one bit, from start to finish, and am still waiting for a 'thank you' for handling custom courier shipping on his behalf.

With a view to preserving my 100% rating, I've decided not to give the person a Neutral or Negative rating, but I have added his name to a list which I keep next to my computer. Am I within my rights to delete bids from people that I take issue with?

Free Soul Styles

Well, BoB blacklisted this person now, so that's good.

As for deleting bids, if they pay on time, i suppose you shouldn't really. If the person was a time waster and never bought the item then block/delete them. I only delete bids if the buyer has more negative than positive ratings. There's a higher chance that they are going to flake. And those who've I've filed an SNC against, i don't allow them to purchase again from me.

Reliquiae

I have two people on my list at the moment, that haven't been SNCed, for fear of undue, retaliatory attacks upon my rating.

The one is mentioned in this thread and the other is a 'delightful' chap who Ordered and then short-paid me, citing, rudely I might add, that my P&P was too much and that I could post it for much less. I notified BoB, but due to an oversight in my setup, I was advised that I would lose the case, so I posted the item, at my loss.

I subsequently notified BoB of what was clearly a bug in the system and also refuse to deal with that Buyer again.

I work too hard to let one grouch with an attitude problem ruin my reputation.

Free Soul Styles

I have been selling on BoB for almost a year and i must admit, majority of my buyers are awesome. No hassles. But yes, there are one or two that tend to push my buttons and i want to and could SNC them. I would win the SNC, but to do it and rate them negatively would not be wise because they are well known and that could/might cause me problems. So i let it slide, sit back and have a coffee...:whistling: :cool:

Digital Wolf
I have two people on my list at the moment, that haven't been SNCed, for fear of undue, retaliatory attacks upon my rating.

Just to note, once an SNC has been successfully completed they are unable to rate you but you can negative rate them (for most cases of payment not received, terms not met etc.)

Reliquiae

That's great to know. Thank you, DW. :)

NooNooBug

The one is mentioned in this thread and the other is a 'delightful' chap who Ordered and then short-paid me, citing, rudely I might add, that my P&P was too much and that I could post it for much less....

As far as I know they cannot rate you once an SNC has been filed, not sure once it is finalized if they can then rate you or not, I suppose it would depend on if anyone was found at fault or not. As far as you "delightful" chap is concerned, it sounds like I may have sold to him sometime back ! Seems he makes a habit of it !

ECigAndMiscelSHOP

The one is mentioned in this thread and the other is a 'delightful' chap who Ordered and then short-paid me, citing, rudely I might add, that my P&P was too much and that I could post it for much less. I notified BoB, but due to an oversight in my setup, I was advised that I would lose the case, so I posted the item, at my loss.

I subsequently notified BoB of what was clearly a bug in the system and also refuse to deal with that Buyer again.

I work too hard to let one grouch with an attitude problem ruin my reputation.

Can you maybe make this "delightful" chap known to all of us, would like to know who he is.

Reliquiae
Can you maybe make this "delightful" chap known to all of us, would like to know who he is.

As BoB did not rule in my favour, and in trying to uphold my good reputation, I'd rather not disclose such things in public. Sorry, but it would be one-sided and were we in his boots, right or wrong, I don't think that we'd appreciate it.

Free Soul Styles

Here's another favorite:

Using the question section to try order out of BoB. I received this question earlier today....

Are these still available?

If yes, please call me on 084******8 asap to arrange for transaction.

Where are you for collection?

I will fetch and pay COD.

1. I do not operate out of BoB. ALL transactions must go through the BoB system.

2. I will only give out my details once BoB confirms payment.

3. I never accept COD, safety reasons and just because, again, all payments must go through BoB.

This is all written on my shipping table. I get these types of questions very often. As i work from home, i cannot just give out my address to anyone, for my own safety. I leave all collections at my security office where i can monitor it from a CCTV. I know i will probably lose the sale, but, i'll take my chances.

NooNooBug
Here's another favorite:

Using the question section to try order out of BoB. I received this question earlier today....

Are these still available?

If yes, please call me on 084******8 asap to arrange for transaction.

Where are you for collection?

I will fetch and pay COD.

1. I do not operate out of BoB. ALL transactions must go through the BoB system.

2. I will only give out my details once BoB confirms payment.

3. I never accept COD, safety reasons and just because, again, all payments must go through BoB.

This is all written on my shipping table. I get these types of questions very often. As i work from home, i cannot just give out my address to anyone, for my own safety. I leave all collections at my security office where i can monitor it from a CCTV. I know i will probably lose the sale, but, i'll take my chances.

Rather to loose a sale than compromise all that you have built up on BoB aswell as risk your safety ! I do the same, I usually leave the order at a business in town for collection or else meet at a busy area. You cannot be too careful these days ! Can't believe the amount of buyers that insist on sending you their email or phone number !

Free Soul Styles

I've had quite a few. Many people have asked to pay cash on delivery. I don't like driving around with more than R100.00 on me. Then you get those who ask, "can i come view your products before i purchase".... Ummm... No. All my stuff is listed on BoB. I have lovely, clear photos and buyers are welcome to ask for more specific images.

RISadler
Today i received an order from a buyer. I then got an email from her asking if i had bulk stock of a certain item, not the item she ordered. She then apologized for the order but only placed it so she could email me.

She's from a large company...

If the sale-to-get-my-email leads to serious "bulk" orders ... she can this to me anytime!

In fact, I've had people buy one title of a book via BoB and then when my faithful Rottweiler and I go to deliver it, I also take most of the other titles along as well and they almost always end up buying ten or twenty other titles. I still give them a big positive rating for the book they never bought. :nuts:

Free Soul Styles

See that's okay! At least you get something out of it. Problem is, i don't have bulk stock of same graded coins, which is what she was looking for.