Sign in to follow this  
DrMobile

Speed services and Theft of Parcels- How safe is this delivery ?

DrMobile    10
DrMobile

Hi All

I am new to bidorbuy and I have sold a few of goods. I recently shipped an Item via speed services, in a speed services bag, and the recipient has phoned me to tell me the goods have been removed.

He received the bad, and shipping material, but no goods ?

Has anyone experienced this problem and could anyone suggest an alternative... I am really worried as I have shipped of goods with SAPO with higher value and now I am worried.

Please advise who has had problems with SAPO and how safe is SAPO

Regards

Kevin .

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Hi All

I am new to bidorbuy and I have sold a few of goods. I recently shipped an Item via speed services, in a speed services bag, and the recipient has phoned me to tell me the goods have been removed.

He received the bad, and shipping material, but no goods ?

Has anyone experienced this problem and could anyone suggest an alternative... I am really worried as I have shipped of goods with SAPO with higher value and now I am worried.

Please advise who has had problems with SAPO and how safe is SAPO

Regards

Kevin .

never in 15 years , that bag cannot be opened once stuck closed properly.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
never in 15 years , that bag cannot be opened once stuck closed properly.

How does the buyer open the speed service parcel? A bit of an overstatement Mrmouse.

A thief will open a speed service parcel.I had a parcel sent for investigation because it was damaged. This is all the Post Office will do then say the contents were stolen. Fat help that it

I sent a parcel with coins recently and they opened the envelope from the bottom because I tape the parcel with brown tape.The bags inside were ripped apart and only 1 coin was stolen. This coin was the rarest of the 3.Not of exceptional high value but hard to find.

I wonder sometimes whether a user on Bob is perhaps in co-hoots with someone in the post office.I do not label my coin parcels as coins.

I had coins stolen from a parcel addressed to me and that parcel was not labelled coins either.Sickening:sick:

moodTime    10
moodTime

I posted a parcel in a self seal bubble envelope recently, the envelope was cut neatly content stolen and resealed with clear tape, the buyer was not pleased as they received a empty envelope!! On complaint at the post office I was told there is no CCTV at the HUB's and basically it was my loss!!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I haven't had many thefts but I only use ordinary parcel through SAPO and my courier is MDS Collivery.

I use so much tape that it wouldn't be worth trying to get into the parcel, it would take too long, I'm sure some of my buyers also find it a challenge.

When I use Jiffy envelopes, I seal the entire envelope in brown tape, not just across the flap, it is the flap and all around the sides and along the seam if there is one, making it difficult to get into it, the contrasting colour of the tape also helps to put the thieves off. As a result i have had few losses, the one I do remember wasn't due to theft, but negligence as the parcel was driven over and crushed and then neatly returned to me wrapped by SAPO.

The other thing is to use a bland description of the contents so they don't get interested.

RISadler    10
RISadler

I may be a bit naive here, but ... (1) always insure every parcel; (2) include a list of contents inside the parcel; (3) wrap parcels in such a way that tampering is obvious; and (4) educate recipients that if it appears that the parcel has been tampered with, they must open it right there in front of the PO person and check and verify the contents.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
How does the buyer open the speed service parcel? A bit of an overstatement Mrmouse.

A thief will open a speed service parcel.I had a parcel sent for investigation because it was damaged. This is all the Post Office will do then say the contents were stolen. Fat help that it

I sent a parcel with coins recently and they opened the envelope from the bottom because I tape the parcel with brown tape.The bags inside were ripped apart and only 1 coin was stolen. This coin was the rarest of the 3.Not of exceptional high value but hard to find.

I wonder sometimes whether a user on Bob is perhaps in co-hoots with someone in the post office.I do not label my coin parcels as coins.

I had coins stolen from a parcel addressed to me and that parcel was not labelled coins either.Sickening:sick:

I actually only stated a speed services bag , those bags are extremley hard to open without cutting , and speed services actually is not allowed to recieve a bag that has been taped closed , they are 100 micron bags virtually untearable without doing damage and the sealing tape is allmost impossible to open once closed . I ship around R20 000 of spares around the country monthly and have never once had a bag tampered with and have never lost a speed services parcell yet .if boxing you do get a tamperproof tape that is membrane encased impossible to tear must be cut by a blade , take photos before delivery at the counter with cell phone if tampered with it will be easy to see afterwards .Expensive or rare items use only a courier , which will probably get hijacked , can you actually win ?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
... a speed services bag , those bags are extremley hard to open without cutting , and speed services actually is not allowed to recieve a bag that has been taped closed , they are 100 micron bags virtually untearable without doing damage and the sealing tape is allmost impossible to open once closed ...

Hubby sends & receives many in Speed Service bags & have to agree there...try tear one open...nope not easily !

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

It's happened to me before.

The clever little bugger used a box cutter to open a space just bellow the section where it's sealed, takes out the item, put the bubble wrap back and seals the opening with sticky tape to make it look like it was done by the sender. It's clever.... You don't notice it at all because there's a small flap over the sealed area. Doesn't happen often, but it is possible.

Russalpcs    10
Russalpcs

Hi all

I have sent over 4000 items in the last 6 years, most via Parcel post or Speed services and only know of 1 going missing when a whole container disappeared! - all items are generally labelled "Electronic parts" so you do not really know what is inside!

Russel

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I, too, have often used Speed Services. Never yet had a problem.

Perhaps our little post office has honest staff who would "stand up" for anything that happened to one of my parcels in a HUB.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
I, too, have often used Speed Services. Never yet had a problem.

Perhaps our little post office has honest staff who would "stand up" for anything that happened to one of my parcels in a HUB.

Evrything i send states under description , REPAIRS , or SPARES , or pieces of rubber , and under value NO Commercial Value.