Sign in to follow this  
midnight warrior

Sellers who not carry stock

midnight warrior

Hi

I have a massive issue with sellers on this site that do not carry the stock they advertise. Once you buy, they scurry off and try to get the product. This means you have to wait until they get it eventually before it comes to you. This takes weeks and often after you paid a hefty sum. It makes me uncomfortable and I will not support this.

We have many sellers on here who risk carrying stock and they should be supported. Sellers flooding the listings with goods they do NOT HAVE should be removed.

Either remove this practice or give us the option of ignoring them in our searches please.

mrmouse
Hi

I have a massive issue with sellers on this site that do not carry the stock they advertise. Once you buy, they scurry off and try to get the product. This means you have to wait until they get it eventually before it comes to you. This takes weeks and often after you paid a hefty sum. It makes me uncomfortable and I will not support this.

We have many sellers on here who risk carrying stock and they should be supported. Sellers flooding the listings with goods they do NOT HAVE should be removed.

Either remove this practice or give us the option of ignoring them in our searches please.

I agree all sellers without stock on hand and dropshippers should have there own section ,apart from the sellers with stock.

lilythepink

Welcome to the forum midnight warrior.

There are many discussions on the forum about people who don't keep stock on hand but sell. Some of them are authorised to do this (drop-shipping) whilst others take a chance. It is vitally important that you read listings very carefully and, if in any doubt, send an email through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and ask them to check on the seller from whom you wish to buy. This isn't always a quick solution but the best way you can judge how long something may take to reach you is by checking the seller's ratings.

There is no one perfect fix for each seller and buyer on bid or buy, but most transactions with reputable sellers (those who have high ratings) will go without a hitch.

Enjoy more buying on Bid or Buy. It's a great site.

midnight warrior

Thank you for the feedback. I do get frustrated when I search for something and get 50 results. Out of the 50, 3 will have some sort of stock, normally not what I want. That defeats the purpose really.

Cali Craft and Gems

I cannot understand why some sellers just won't carry stock - it is afterall part of business practice to have stock on hand!

We have gone to great lengths to build up a considerable stock hold (at great costs) and are now reaping the rewards. Our physical shop looks awesome and we are now the most upmarket shop in our entire region!

But whether you have a walk-in shop or not, you should still have the stock on hand. As a buyer I would not be happy having to wait for an item that I wanted "now"!

NooNooBug
I cannot understand why some sellers just won't carry stock - it is afterall part of business practice to have stock on hand!

We have gone to great lengths to build up a considerable stock hold (at great costs) and are now reaping the rewards. Our physical shop looks awesome and we are now the most upmarket shop in our entire region!

But whether you have a walk-in shop or not, you should still have the stock on hand. As a buyer I would not be happy having to wait for an item that I wanted "now"!

Agree with you completely on that one ! When I make up my mind to buy something I don't want to have to wait for weeks & weeks ! (PS will pop in and see your awesome spot when I come up your way again...probably next month!)

rank32

Hi , you don't have to keep stock at home as long as you deliver reasonably and if there is a problem inform the client , most products

cant be kept at home anyway as it needs to be stored correctly on pallets in air conditioned wharehouse , like film , paper , chemcals , perishables

etc etc the list goes on not to mention hazardous /inustrial poisonous ..... its all about good comunication

SADiamondsrus
Thank you for the feedback. I do get frustrated when I search for something and get 50 results. Out of the 50, 3 will have some sort of stock, normally not what I want. That defeats the purpose really.

I agree its very frustrating , I carry stock of loose gems and diamonds, will never give out my address info for fear of being robbed, as it is I am scared of being killed for a parcel of high value stones.

My rings however are made to order, loose stones are stocked.

best of luck

kingsonline

agree, it is unfair to sellers who keep stock worth thousands have to sell at reduced price to compete with drop shipper

jfj01

BoB I experienced a similar issue with a Seller who wants to be paid within a limited timeframe but only delivered in 6 weeks from receiving money, when I asked it was available.. only after payment it was said he would only have to get it from overseas ?? !! NOT COOL