Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Can Anybody Shed Some Light On This.....

voldermort    10
voldermort

Received a query last night for international postage for a book to UK & as I know the charges are +- R30.00 per 100g & the book weighes 290g, after wrapping will fall into 400g category I told them postage would be R120.00 without a tracking number, with a tracking number is another R30.00. Received a rather indignant reply just awhile ago stating they were expecting to pay perhaps R40.00 international postage with the document below attached to the email.......feeling exceptionally cheesed off as I have never tried to con anybody with postage I phoned the Post Office to query this & make sure I had it right, and yes, it is R28.90 per 100g for a parcel overseas & a tracking number is another R28.90...what I would like to know is this.....on the document below why does the Post Office not state this, why do they say small packet up to 2kg = R28.90? In effect this is making a lot of legitimate sellers who are charging the correct postage, look really shady. Is there something I am missing?

According to info I have at hand, SAPO's 1st April 2013 - 31 March 2014 brochure gives me the following under International airmail rates (page 15 onwards)...

Medium letter - 250mm x 176mm x 10mm, up to 250g = R22.40

Large letter - 353mm x 250mm x 30mm, up to 300g = R38.00

Small packet - up to 2kg, less that R2000 in value = R28.90

Being a book, customs declaration is not required.

alloway65    10
alloway65

If you read further down the on-line PO price list it explains in detail the costs for international mail, basic charges and additional charges per 100g etc.

Good luck.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

The wording is :

Medium letters (per item) and the fees etc

Large Letters (per item) and the fees etc

Small Packets (PER 100g) and the fees etc...

You are perfectly correct and the "dear" buyer is either mis-informed or cannot read ! Should you require a scan of the page feel free to PM me and I will gladly send it to you. (dont think SAPO have it on site ? Not sure as last time I looked it wasn't)