Sign in to follow this  
rezoca

Buyer neglected to add shipping cost - how to fix this?

rezoca    10
rezoca

Hi

A newbie buyer forgot to add the shipping cost (stated in item description) to the item before ordering.

Payment has not been received. Is it still possible to update/ change the oder or what do I do/ propose to the buyer.

I am furthermore not convinced that the buyer will pay at all.

Thx

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Hi Rezoca

What i do is ask them to just add the shipping amount onto the total of the payment requested by the system. It won't reflect on the BoB system but it will be in your account and at least you're not out of pocket. If they don't, then they have to make a second payment. I'm not sure if this can then be done on the BobPay system or whether you have to give the buyer your banking details in order to do this.

What you can do to stop this happening again is set up shipping fees (check out the 'help' section on how to do this) that will automatically be added when the buyer checks out. This is not foolproof because some buyers change the shipping costs, but it does make things easier and most buyers don't change the shipping costs.

Hope all works out :)

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

*deleted post - posted same thing twice..

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
... If they don't, then they have to make a second payment. I'm not sure if this can then be done on the BobPay system or whether you have to give the buyer your banking details in order to do this.

What you can do to stop this happening again is set up shipping fees (check out the 'help' section on how to do this) that will automatically be added when the buyer checks out. This is not foolproof because some buyers change the shipping costs, ...:)

The system will allow them to make an additional payment as long as the same reference is used it will be linked to the order, otherwise it makes it difficult for BoB to know whose payment it is. It is much better to pre-programme your shipping costs in, then it automatically calculates it for you. Should a buyer change the shipping you have stipulated the system will flag it and let you know, so you can check and see what is going on. It really is worth a little time to set up !