Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Close to Home...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Mothers, wives, sisters, brothers, kids.... any family member of an over-the-road, semi truck driver 'sits on pins and needles' whenever their loved one is 'riding the ribbon' (highway) .... often not seeing them for weeks at a time. Most accidents involving 'big rigs' are from drivers, in cars, who 'think' upwards of 50k lbs can 'stop on a dime'.

My son lost a co-worker last night when an elderly couple, who had passed him and was pulling back in front of him, 'clipped' the left front end of his semi. It all went downhill from there. The driver was ejected and thrown over the concrete divider into the other side of the interstate where he was hit by a vehicle driving in the opposite direction. The elderly couple was 'squished' between the semi and concrete divider.

It hits close to home. It is only by the grace of G O D that it wasn't my son. I am so thankful he and his 'co-pilot' (wife) are safe.... for today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4990[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4991[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4992[/ATTACH]

Ruthie

voldermort    10
voldermort

very scary - have a cousin who is a long distance trucker & some of the drivers he crosses, especially on the long straight hauls, can make your hair stand on end.

glad you & yours are all safe.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Sorry to hear this story Ruthie and even though your son was not injured, I am sure the whole experience must have been very traumatic.

On a similar but smaller note, we were involved in a collision here just a few weeks ago when a youngster rammed the truck we were in from the rear and although the airbags were deployed in the car, thankfully no one was hurt. The car had some really good damage to his front section but the truck we were in had minimal damage to its rear tailgate section which is almost unnoticable (spelling).

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

(waving to Wayne)

Long time; no hear. Glad to hear you and yours are okey-dokey.

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen
(waving to Wayne)

Long time; no hear. Glad to hear you and yours are okey-dokey.

Ruthie

(waves back)

Long time yes and I have no excuse for it.

your phones gonna ring in T-Minus 5secs

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Ring-a-ding....

MSN-Emoticon-phone-087_zpse001db28.gif

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha

how many hours did we chat, it was good and I learnt the ways of the USA, thank you Ruthie.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

It was a good chat, Wayne. Don't be a stranger... call anytime. This time, though, don't 'misplace' your wife. :biggrin:

BOGO....

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha

TOE JAM!!!!