Sign in to follow this  
bamboo_man

Suggestion

bamboo_man    10
bamboo_man

Hi there.

I have a problem with buyers placing orders and paying for overnight counter-to-counter courier options, then supplying me with a physical address. Or even worse, supplying me with a physical address and paying for normal post.

The items I sell need to be packaged in boxes, and therefore cant be sent via normal post to physical addresses.

I must admit that I havent bought anything on BoB for awhile, and am not sure what the user interface looks like for a buyer.

How do I get buyers to supply me with postal addresses/ post office details when ordering? Or must I contact each one of them and ask for postal addresses?

I kinda agree with the other 'Suggestion' stating that more address details be supplied to the seller along with the order notification..

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Hi there.

I have a problem with buyers placing orders and paying for overnight counter-to-counter courier options, then supplying me with a physical address. Or even worse, supplying me with a physical address and paying for normal post.

The items I sell need to be packaged in boxes, and therefore cant be sent via normal post to physical addresses.

I must admit that I havent bought anything on BoB for awhile, and am not sure what the user interface looks like for a buyer.

How do I get buyers to supply me with postal addresses/ post office details when ordering? Or must I contact each one of them and ask for postal addresses?

I kinda agree with the other 'Suggestion' stating that more address details be supplied to the seller along with the order notification..

Sorry I am feeling confused here, might be the heat, but if they have a physical address but no box number, perhaps that IS their Postal address? In that case they CAN have Counter to counter as the PO will send the notification to there street address. Also If they pay for Normal Post & give you a physical address why is that not possible ? If you don't wish them to opt for normal post then you need to remove from your postal option on that particular item. I don't understand why a box cannot be sent normal post to a street address? The actual box wont get delivered only the notification so that isn't a problem! To see what your buyers see when ordering there is a facility that allows you to go to your own product and "place an order" and you will go through all the steps your buyer does & see what they do until payment then you are obviously not able to proceed. It is useful to do that exercise to "see" from the other side as it were ! As for getting your buyers to supply you with address, that should already be on each order. Hope this helps. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your query !

bamboo_man    10
bamboo_man

Hi. The postal service does deliver boxes/ parcels to physical addresses when opting for normal post, its only speed services counter-to-door and other overnight or express couriers that delivers to someone's physical address. The problem is that I need to first explain this to buyers, which sometimes takes a day or two for me to get hold of them, as well as the cost of calls when they dont answer their emails... The suggestion is therefore that both the physical and postal address be sent to us sellers when we get the order notification. Is this possible?

I sell live plants, which cannot lay at the post office for a week whilst someone is waiting for a notification. I therefore try to insist on counter to counter, but get supplied with a physical address with every order. Hence the irritation..

Oh, and the heat is getting to me too.. cos the actual reason for the post includes the fact that very few buyers include their City or Town name in their delivery addresses. Do the buyers physically type the delivery address when ordering, or is the default address which was captured when they subscribed to BoB sent to the sellers? Im bringing this issue to this forum platform because I want to know if BoB cant ask buyers to make sure they supply their full addresses, via a circular mail or something. I often stand at the counter and go through the postal code booklet to see where the parcel is actually going to. Sometimes sellers just give the suburb name, and we have to figure out which city or town they are referring to.

Edited by bamboo_man

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

mmm I understand the issue you have re:Plants. All you could do is stipulate in your description & or your shipping tab what address info you need. Perhaps don't even make normal post available. Also would probably be a good thing to state in description the parcel needs to be collected next day to prevent plant from dying. But it all boils (scuse the pun today ) down to buyers actually reading the info ! The addresses are filled in when you register & can be altered at any stage but will automatically come up when placing an order. I agree that perhaps BoB can implement a compulsory field in the address section for town name, suburb & code !

qball    11
qball

We already make postal code compulsory, the PO and courier co's only use these to ship.

I'm afraid we are not going to ask users to provide both physical and postal address - it delays the check out process, it creates a barrier to completing the purchase, it can create confusion for both buyers and sellers. No matter what we put in front of the user, many simply do not pay attention to these fields nor read what is written, nor do they always put their full address in. An email shot to all users will not solve this I'm afraid. It's common sense that when ordering something, to put the correct address. By default we use what the buyer has registered with and they then have the ability to change the address AND confirm the delivery address before completing the order.