Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

SAPO Strike Over or NOt ?

NooNooBug

Seems to be some movement in many areas excepting Kwazulu. Anyone else have info? SAPO very quiet as per usual. Found it rather funny that their spokesperson on FB says that parcels will only be delayed by a day and when someone calls them on this point they change it back to the 2 weeks (which was stated last week) delay on parcels excepting the Durmail which is one day delay ! What are they smoking ? Durmail aren't even moving ! Or is that 1 day delay ONCE movement starts ? This is the most recent info I could find but doesn't really help us...

http://www.salabournews.co.za/index.php/press-releases/9511-death-threats-at-post-office-strike.html

And this one doesn't make us feel better ! http://www.salabournews.co.za/index.php/press-releases/15905-postal-workers-suspend-strike.html

Edited by NooNooBug

MiemsJewels

What are they smoking ?

Durban poison ??

rezizter
What are they smoking ?

Durban poison ??

Seems ok here in Gauteng now, started getting my parcels which I ordered through BOB was a month delay, due to previous strike

NooNooBug

Ja all the parcels I had sitting in Gauteng Zone seem to have either arrived or are at least making movements in the right direction. Have one parcel heading for Musina that has had NO movement since 29th January, may just be tracking not updated ! So will just keep an eye on it ! Nothing is budging from Durmail so still a little hesitant to post to Kwazulu until I see movement !

Little Miss Muffet

I have been holding a number of parcels for buyers because of the strike.

Is it safe to post them??

JANDS

I had two hanging for about 3 weeks and both have been delivered.

Vinyl Lady Decals

My post office in Durban says everything is moving again although there will be delays due to the backlog.

NooNooBug

So I went to post my parcels that I had held back, made mistake of not going to my normal SAPO branch coz I was in town! Had to watch every step they made as I had insured parcels, normal & overseas and that seems like just too much for them to handle ! Then as the amount was more that I had cash on me for, I asked to pay part with my card & balance cash ! Oh grief ! "Can't do !" So I then ask to draw cash, which they CAn do (but costs me more but now I just want to get outta there !), blank stare...no then I must go to another teller ! Now I have learnt the jargon so sweetly ask the not to sharp bright energetic teller if he can't just "park" it. Hupping bubbles he says ooh ok he can do that ! Then once I have paid I get me receipt and a thank you & tells me about the tracking numbers on the bottom but has to be asked for the actual parcel slips & registration slips & insurance slips coz they are lying all around him ! He had managed to "forget" to insure 1, had no clue about customs forms(I knew which #'s I needed), hadn't scanned 1, but charged, "lost" my duplicate list for insured parcels (wanted to write them all out - wot ? I make a list so as to make it quicker & you loose it? Had suggest the photocopier !). Gave me the photocopy without stamping it ! So it was eventful ! I left there and headed straight for Mugg & Bean for a large cuppa !

Edited by NooNooBug

Just Beachin

remember the motto: one package at a time :sowsuser:

JANDS

"Why is patience a virtue? Why can "Hurry the **** up!" not be a virtue too?"

NooNooBug

Just did a run through of parcels posted Tuesday just to look and see what movement but apart from initial scan it doesn't appear as there is anything else happening except for the overseas parcels all at JHB INT mail centre ! Oh well maybe the scanner is just slow ! Have parcels from months ago still showing sitting at outward bound hub but are received as had notice from buyers ! Haha why have the system if they choose when to use it ?

JohnBenn
Just did a run through of parcels posted Tuesday just to look and see what movement but apart from initial scan it doesn't appear as there is anything else happening except for the overseas parcels all at JHB INT mail centre ! Oh well maybe the scanner is just slow ! Have parcels from months ago still showing sitting at outward bound hub but are received as had notice from buyers ! Haha why have the system if they choose when to use it ?

I think the tracking system isn't updated,maybe because of the strike. My parcel still says in transit to Witpos but I've received it within 5 days.