Sign in to follow this  
electronics4less

Seller refuses to provide item purchased, changes item details

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

I saw an item advertised last night, I have to admit it was very cheap so I ordered it.

This morning I get a mail saying sorry it was a mistake and I should not pay. They also update the item details with a new picture and description, replacing the item I ordered.

The mail from BoB confirming the order does however show the original item I ordered.

I rate the seller negatively and they come back and say they will dispute it as we are all human and make mistakes.

So I wonder - if I order an item, I am obliged to pay and buy the item. Are sellers not obliged to provide ordered items?

And if so - what is the recourse buyers have to make sure sellers do provide the items ordered?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Although I see and understand your point that a seller is generally required to provide an item purchased, I do believe that some compassion is due here as the seller did let you know it was a mistake and asked you not to pay. The seller is punished enough by the fact that he sits with a negative rating for his mistake.

I as a seller, would have the same compassion with a buyer who came to me with acceptable reasons for not completing an order.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals
adding

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

I as a seller, would have the same compassion with a buyer who came to me with acceptable reasons for not completing an order.

I totally agree, but you probably would not change the item details after the sale and tell me "are you sure that is what you want"?

If the seller just admitted right off that they had made a mistake, I totally would have accepted it. But don't make it sound like it's my own fault for buying the item! In the mails after the fact the seller says I should have seen that the selling code was different from the description and the image, so I should have know better...

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Ok, that's a different story, yes i would admit the mistake and not try to change anything after the fact. I wouldn't expect a buyer to check details like that, that is the seller's responsibility.

SKP90    10
SKP90

hey, I am having the same problem,I paid for the item and the seller says it was the incorrect price.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I would suggest contacting BoB and give them all the info and see what they say.

bok2004    10
bok2004

It seems to me this is a new thing that sticks its head out and they get away with it, i looked at a iPhone 5 last night, the price was R3999 buy now, i asked if i could pick up and the seller said no problem only after payment. I said it was fine and was going to do a payment this morning and saw the price was now R4399!! Bob should stop this, unless there is a problem with the listing i do understand a change then.rating2.gif

Edited by bok2004