Sign in to follow this  
Minnken

Who is "charl yates" ???? Anybody!!!!!

Minnken

I sold a book to a customer. Waited for payment. Eventually emailed her only to learn that a "charl yates" sent her an email thanking her for purchasing the book off bidorbuy giving her his banking details and asking her for her address!!!! She deposited the monies. How is this possible? Has anyone else experienced this????? Worried minnken

MiemsJewels

Mantis Books

Contact Person: Charl Yates

Country of Origin South Africa

Email:

Trade Association: AA Approved

Additional Info:

We have been selling books on-line the past six years and specialize in collectable Afrikaans literature. We trade in a diverse selection of collectables such as signed copies, military, SWA / Namibia, hunting and Anglo Boer War.

Credit cards accepted via PayPal's secure payment system.

Maybe she got mixed up with the books Minnken.

Edited by admin
Removed contact details, dankie Miems.

Minnken

Do you sell books on bidorbuy, this charl yates thanked my customer for buying from bidorbuy and she says she was under the impression she was emailing me??? Just wondering. If you guys have received the monies please will you send her the book. She says she will let me know. Minnken

MiemsJewels

No I don't sell books Minnken. His name sounds very familiar to me, so I Google and came upon this.

Edited by MiemsJewels

voldermort

seems to me she probably placed two orders on BoB at around the same time, one from you & one from the other seller & got confused between the payments.

NooNooBug

Agree it sounds more likely the buyer just muddled her orders & sellers up. If you are still concerned / unsure, contact BOB, perhaps they can look at her account to see what she has pending ?

Minnken

But this guy charl yates does not even have a sight on bidorbuy, he communicated with the customer purely be email, not through bidorbuy, she sent me the emails from him. Miemsjewel says she looked it up on google and I did aswell he has a completely different site, his own I would say and has nothing as far as I can see, to do with bidorbuy?

NooNooBug

Sorry don't know what to suggest. Sounds odd and "disturbing", perhaps suggest that to your buyer email Charl directly ? I understand you feel you need to find out but I think it is really for your buyer to now sort out. Hopefully there is a straighforward answer / explanation !

voldermort
But this guy charl yates does not even have a sight on bidorbuy, he communicated with the customer purely be email, not through bidorbuy, she sent me the emails from him. Miemsjewel says she looked it up on google and I did aswell he has a completely different site, his own I would say and has nothing as far as I can see, to do with bidorbuy?

He is a seller on BoB - unfortunately it is not for me to tell you his BoB username but I have dealt with him a few times & I can assure you, there is nothing dodge about him.

Colin_P

Miems tracked down his address and email from a google search. Why not just drop him an email asking what is going on? Or look him up in the phone book and give him a call?

Minnken

if he is a bidorbuy member why did he not use the regular format for completing a purchase and why did he have to give her his banking detail and ask her for her address, no bob username mentioned or seen on emails???? I don't want to contact this person was just wondering if others had the same experience and whether he had been able to hack onto our customers. have reported it to bidorbuy will await their reply.

Colin_P

If you're talking about esteaduvenage, she has a rating from another seller (Waveren) for the same book she bought from you. She is also a very new user, who has only bought two items - the same book - from two different sellers. I'd put money on it that she has simply made a mistake, and that there is nothing sinister going on at all.

Occam's razor says that "simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones".

Edited by Colin_P

admin

Thanks Colin_P, you have it spot on.

Minnken

Thank you checked it out, seems plausible. Filed an SNC to get commission back. What a runaround. Why charl yates was involved is a mystery???? THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS VERY HELPFUL

Colin_P
Why charl yates was involved is a mystery????

I could make an educated guess, but then perhaps I should stop while I'm ahead :-)