Sign in to follow this  
jellibear2011

beware of seller mastermeman

jellibear2011

hi everyone be careful of seller mastermeman - he is a cheat and a fraud

I had a bad experience - I paid for an item to be sent to me via speedservices insured - yet he sent the item to me via ordinary parcel post.

also he ignores emails sent to him

how can I request for him to be blacklisted?

Miss Jewels

Hello Jellibear2001. To call someone a cheat and a fraud is just not on! Especially not on a social forum. I have also once incorrectly sent a parcel with postal services instead of courier as requested and paid for by client. This was an honest mistake and very quickly sorted out.

In this case, it could also have been an error. If you feel you need to address this, contact the team at Bid or Buy (0861 88 0831) and they will assist you.

jellibear2011
Hello Jellibear2001. To call someone a cheat and a fraud is just not on! Especially not on a social forum. I have also once incorrectly sent a parcel with postal services instead of courier as requested and paid for by client. This was an honest mistake and very quickly sorted out.

In this case, it could also have been an error. If you feel you need to address this, contact the team at Bid or Buy (0861 88 0831) and they will assist you.

i'm sorry that you feel you need to defend the seller. sorry but you don't know the whole story so I feel I am justified by calling the seller a cheat and a fraud. this is a copy of the email I sent to CW:

hi my name is deon bekker and I recently placed the abovementioned order with seller named mastermeman.

from the onset I have had problems with the seller. I transferred the money via EFT through BOB on sunday but it only cleared on Monday. after sending the seller two emails on Tuesday, I finally received a reply, saying that the item will be posted on Wednesday or Thursday. on Thursday I sent the seller an email again but he never replied. I then gave the seller a negative rating.

today I received the tracking number for the item, but I am very upset because I paid R105 for the item to be sent to me through speedservices and insured. yet the seller has given me the tracking number of an ordinary parcel

I sent the seller an email to say that I am going to report him to BOB

can you please blacklist this seller because he is not doing business the right way.

thank you

Edited by admin
Removed tracking number

jellibear2011

also - this item is quite expensive and we all know the post office's reputation of delivering parcels safely and securely- if the item is not insured by the seller then I will not be able to claim from the PO if the parcel goes missing or the contents is stolen

admin

Hi jellibear2011,

153455_131206133559_welcome_e0.gif

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will be looking into this seller. I have closed TICKET ID RAR-501-97630 that you sent to customer support as it is a duplicate of the one you sent to community watch.

jellibear2011

thank you admin I appreciate

amcintyre
I transferred the money via EFT through BOB on sunday but it only cleared on Monday.

That would be a BOBPay issue; not the seller's fault. Taking up to a day or two is not unusual.

jellibear2011

the seller called me a few minutes ago. what I discovered was that he never insured the item, yet I paid for insurance. he admitted that he did not insure the item

also I agree that he did not use speedservices because I assumed that paying R75 would be for speedservices - also he did not specify - just saying SAPO can be confusing..but then again he is exploiting postal charges because to post an ordinary parcel would cost R25/R30 max..which means that he pocketed the other R50 plus the R35 for the insurance that he did not use to insure the item

I feel that he should refund me the R80 and that he should be taken to task for exploiting postal charges and not insuring the item. if the item gets lost or stolen I will not be able to claim from the post office.

jellibear2011
That would be a BOBPay issue; not the seller's fault. Taking up to a day or two is not unusual.

I agree with you - but the issue is not regarding the payment - the issue is that the seller promised to send the item by Wednesday or Thursday, only to send it only on Friday, and then also that I requested the item to be insured, but that the seller failed to insure the item

voldermort

But why wouldn't you first try to sort out all the issues privately with the seller before naming & shaming them here?

1. BoB EFT can take a day or two to go through

2. You only assumed he was posting the item speedservices, he never actually told you this or mentioned it in the ad (as you said)

3. Initially you say you are upset because you paid for speedservices (based on your own assumption) & then you say you are upset because he promised to send it Wed or Thurs but only sent it Friday...a day later, is that so terrible?

4. So, are you upset because BoB didnt send the payment through instantly, because you mistakenly thought he would be using speedservices, because you feel he owes you R80.00 or because he sent the item a day later than said?

jogesel

Jellibear2001 you are not going to win complaining on this forum. Too many sellers defending sellers - yet the risk of loss is always on the buyer. I understand your position - having paid good money, hoping the item is sent, hoping it is sent in the proper manner and hoping that it is the correct condition and the lack of communication from seller is all very frustrating. Many sellers once they have your money are not really interested in following through with their part of the deal. Hence the numerous sellers with bad ratings.

Maybe the rules should be changed. Let us buyers only pay for an item after we have received it and after we have confirmed that it is the correct itenm and in good order. Let the seller bear the risk. I doubt whether sellers would be so accommodating and understanding if the shoe were on the other foot.

voldermort
Jellibear2001 you are not going to win complaining on this forum. Too many sellers defending sellers - yet the risk of loss is always on the buyer.

Let the seller bear the risk.

Absolute nonsense. When either a buyer or seller is at fault the one in the right is the one who is given the benefit of the doubt, regardless of whether or not they are a buyer or seller - however once gossip is started it never dies, the exact same as calling one a cheat & a fraud on a public forum before item is even received. Did jellibear2001 try to sort this out privately with seller? Did he query postage costs with seller? Has he asked the seller to refund him R80.00 for his mistake re: postage method? Has the seller gone AWOL to deserve this? No, he has sent item, responded to emails, taken a negative before item was received & now is in the splendid position of being called a cheat & fraud - why, because buyer did not query postage delivery & preferred to assume which postage would take place? Because BoB EFT did not go through instantaneously? Because item should have been sent Wed or Thurs but was only sent Fri?

Whether a buyer or seller, the right thing is the right thing & there is no justification in my mind for name calling on public forums. If item were never posted & received that is a different story.

Incidentally it is the seller taking the risk - risk that buyers will not pay, risk that BoB EFT may not be instantaneous resulting in a negative rating, risk that buyers may imagine a form of delivery which suits them best resulting in a negative rating, risk that buyers may not read ads properly resulting in a negative rating, risk that they may not make it to the GPO on a certain given day resulting in a negative rating, risk that they may not read a certain email at a certain given time resulting in a negative rating....I could go on but I think the point is quite clear to most.

jogesel

"Incidentally it is the seller taking the risk - risk that buyers will not pay" This is nonsense!

What risk is there to the seller when in the event of non-payment the seller still has possession of his goods. If the buyer doesn't pay the seller is in no worse a position. He still has his goods. He can sell to someone else. How is he at risk???????

On the otherhand if the buyer pays but does not get the goods or gets faulty goods the buyer loses. He may not get his money back or will be stuck with a faulty product.The way things work on BOB ovbiously favours the seller. The buyer is always at risk never the seller.

How many sellers on BOB will send me the goods first and then wait 7 or 10 days for payment from me? This is what buyers are expected to do so to say that it is sellers who are taking a risk is nomsense.

Edited by jogesel

Not1CentMore

voldermort....Where is that LIKE button?

Communication, communication, communication.

Most things can be sorted out with just a little patience and communication. No one is perfect; not Buyer, not Seller. When something goes wrong, work TOGETHER to sort it out and give each other a chance to make it right.... 'behind closed doors'. If the issue cannot be resolved in a timely manner, THEN ask BoB to mediate and try to resolve. Little is accomplished by dragging another through the mud and airing dirty laundry in public for all to see.

My G'ma always said there are two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle. When only one side of the story is told, it is an injustice to everyone, whether they are the participants or just an observer.

And name calling, even if one feels it is justified, is just plain impolite.

(MHO)

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

jellibear2011
But why wouldn't you first try to sort out all the issues privately with the seller before naming & shaming them here?

1. BoB EFT can take a day or two to go through

2. You only assumed he was posting the item speedservices, he never actually told you this or mentioned it in the ad (as you said)

3. Initially you say you are upset because you paid for speedservices (based on your own assumption) & then you say you are upset because he promised to send it Wed or Thurs but only sent it Friday...a day later, is that so terrible?

4. So, are you upset because BoB didnt send the payment through instantly, because you mistakenly thought he would be using speedservices, because you feel he owes you R80.00 or because he sent the item a day later than said?

if you go into the profile of the seller you will see that he joined on 4 oct 2011, thus he has been a buyer/seller for more than 2 years. surely he knows how to send parcels?? there are numerous blogs on here of buyers who have been exploited by sellers regarding postage. I know for a fact that a speedervices parcel costs R75 to send (up to 1 kg)..so when I saw SAPO insured I automatically assumed that the parcel would be sent speedservices - which I guess was an error on my side but as I said before, it can be confusing because the seller did not specify.

what I am upset about (and I feel justified) is that the seller charged me R75 to send the parcel by ordinary snail mail instead of the R25/R30 max that it would have cost him. I am also upset because the seller did not insure the item, yet I paid for insurance. this happened to me previously when I bought a Samsung galaxy s3 cellphone from another seller. I paid for insurance but the seller did not insure the item..the phone was stolen (removed from the packet) and I effectively lost R3500

i'm sure you would feel the same way if you were in my position. also if you read my previous comments you will see that I mentioned that I emailed the seller on numerous occasions but he never replied - so this was the best course of action that I feel I could take. I don't actually understand why you are lashing out at me because this sale was not done between us - but as someone else who also commented here said: there are too many sellers defending sellers...I rest my case

jellibear2011
Jellibear2001 you are not going to win complaining on this forum. Too many sellers defending sellers - yet the risk of loss is always on the buyer. I understand your position - having paid good money, hoping the item is sent, hoping it is sent in the proper manner and hoping that it is the correct condition and the lack of communication from seller is all very frustrating. Many sellers once they have your money are not really interested in following through with their part of the deal. Hence the numerous sellers with bad ratings.

Maybe the rules should be changed. Let us buyers only pay for an item after we have received it and after we have confirmed that it is the correct itenm and in good order. Let the seller bear the risk. I doubt whether sellers would be so accommodating and understanding if the shoe were on the other foot.

yeah jogesel you are very right and I agree with you - we should only pay for an item after we have received it - but what I feel more strongly about is that sellers must stop charging exuberant rates for postage. I am actually considering not using BOB anymore - I have just been losing too much

jellibear2011

Most things can be sorted out with just a little patience and communication. No one is perfect; not Buyer, not Seller. When something goes wrong, work TOGETHER to sort it out and give each other a chance to make it right.... 'behind closed doors'. If the issue cannot be resolved in a timely manner, THEN ask BoB to mediate and try to resolve. Little is accomplished by dragging another through the mud and airing dirty laundry in public for all to see.

My G'ma always said there are two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle. When only one side of the story is told, it is an injustice to everyone, whether they are the participants or just an observer.

(MHO)

Ruthie

hi ruthie thanks for your 2c worth of comment. what you say makes a lot of sense and I agree with you. I would like to invite the seller mastermeman to this forum so that we could all hear his side of the story. I have tried but he does not reply to my emails.

please read my further replies and comments on this subject - and I hope to get more insight from you - maybe your G'ma has some more wisdom to share. at least you and voldemort can pat each other on the back - you have made a wonderful contribution to this blog/page

peace out

voldermort

(MHO)

Ruthie

Your G'ma was a wise woman, Ruthie :biggrin:

mrmouse
yeah jogesel you are very right and I agree with you - we should only pay for an item after we have received it - but what I feel more strongly about is that sellers must stop charging exuberant rates for postage. I am actually considering not using BOB anymore - I have just been losing too much
I agree with you its blatant Fraud the seller knowingly took your money and knowingly with intent sent it cheaper and uninsured , I am a seller and a buyer and am also g,tvol of sellers doing as they please and getting away with it , recently made two identical purchases paid mail of R100 plus insurance EACH , got both identical items sent at a cost of R49 EACH without insurance each ,seller profited by R100 , NAME AND SHAME THEM I SAY , CLOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS FOR A PERIOD OF DAYS'Bob should hold the money until customer is happy then only release it ,also been bitten many times on Bob by sellers

jellibear2011
I agree with you its blatant Fraud the seller knowingly took your money and knowingly with intent sent it cheaper and uninsured , I am a seller and a buyer and am also g,tvol of sellers doing as they please and getting away with it , recently made two identical purchases paid mail of R100 plus insurance EACH , got both identical items sent at a cost of R49 EACH without insurance each ,seller profited by R100 , NAME AND SHAME THEM I SAY , CLOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS FOR A PERIOD OF DAYS'Bob should hold the money until customer is happy then only release it ,also been bitten many times on Bob by sellers

awesome - thank you for your support and positive feedback. I really appreciate. sorry for your financial loss - but I believe in karma - what goes around comes around and what you do to others will be done to you

lilythepink

I happen to agree with voldermort and Not1CentMore. Enough said.

jellibear2011
I happen to agree with voldermort and Not1CentMore. Enough said.

i'm asking myself..who actually asked for your opinion? ENOUGH SAID

Digital Wolf
i'm asking myself..who actually asked for your opinion? ENOUGH SAID

I think part of the problem lies with your attitude.

A forum is a place for public opinion, if you didn't want public opinion on the matter then you should've dealt with the seller or Bidorbuy privately.

jellibear2011
I think part of the problem lies with your attitude.

A forum is a place for public opinion, if you didn't want public opinion on the matter then you should've dealt with the seller or Bidorbuy privately.

and now YOU also have something to say? my goodness me you really are a smart ass - problem is that to be a smart ass you must be SMART - otherwise you are just an ASS

ENOUGH SAID