Sign in to follow this  
JanHenning010

Insulting threat on BOB

JanHenning010

Your threatening e-mail adressed to me regarding a SNC by Zibbedey is insulting and stupid and indicative of incompetance.

I refer you to my conversations with your Operations manager Cuan Akal under reference [#RZY-853-99305]: Reference Order ID 6940265 abd SNC [ATTACH=CONFIG]4955[/ATTACH]

Your seller Zibbedey aka Neuri placed an item on BOB for auction that he did not have and could not sell. He/she refunded me and somehow was allowed to file this SNC. However, if you read this SNC you would have noticed that I was refunded and DID NOT FAIL MY END OF THE BARGAIN. Yet you threaten me now with “You have not responded within 7 days to the Sale Note Completed (SNC) filed against you by Zibbedy. As a result you have been issued a Non-Fulfilment Warning. Please be aware that, as a consequence, your bidorbuy account may be restricted or closed”

Now I demand that despite your Operations manager’s decision not to penalise the seller, but your willingness to penalise me, that you:

1. Apologise publically to me on the forum for poor buyer protection.

2. Penalise the seller in the same way you are threatening me now.

Cali Craft and Gems

I've just received a similar "threat" of non-fulfilment as a result of an order mutually cancelled between the seller and myself, yet I'm the one looking (and feeling) like the bad apple!

If the sale is cancelled (especially by agreement), then the wording should not be so negative!

Fashion Police

Was the SNC filed as "buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale"? It will specify on the email: Alert Reason: "buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale" etc.

The SNC is merely for the seller to claim back the success fees, as the sale did not go through.

I think the message in the SNC email “You have not responded within 7 days to the Sale Note Completed (SNC) filed against you by ..." is standard/automated? As long as the reason why the SNC was filed is correct. The buyer also has an option to appeal to the SNC if they don't agree to the alert reason.

qball

The SNC process is automated. It is used by the seller to get back the success fee for the transaction that was unsuccessful. Whilst the tone of the email may be quite harsh, it is not meant to be threatening - especially when we give the buyer an opportunity to appeal the SNC, giving their side of the story. As you did not appeal the SNC, we send out that response. You were given 7 days to appeal and would have been sent a SNC alert to this effect, with a link back to appeal the SNC, we then look at the appeal and then determine who is at fault. As no appeal came for your side, the system automatically finds the party that does not respond at fault. This process is completely independent from the ticketing and emails we may have corresponded on previously.

Knowing the history behind this transaction, we can reverse the SNC decision and will find the seller at fault. You can ignore the "warning" you received, but in future it is imperative that you lodge an appeal so we have a record of your objection.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Cuan

With my SNC specifically, there were actually two that were done at the same time yet I only received notification for the one (which I agreed upon re the cancellation so it closed off immediately). No correspondence was received re the second one until the "result".

I'm not upset with anyone as I understand the process, I just felt the wording to be a bit harsh.

qball
Hi Cuan

With my SNC specifically, there were actually two that were done at the same time yet I only received notification for the one (which I agreed upon re the cancellation so it closed off immediately). No correspondence was received re the second one until the "result".

I'm not upset with anyone as I understand the process, I just felt the wording to be a bit harsh.

Which trade was it for?

JanHenning010

Harsh SNC message

The SNC process is automated. It is used by the seller to get back the success fee for the transaction that was unsuccessful. Whilst the tone of the email may be quite harsh, it is not meant to be threatening - especially when we give the buyer an opportunity to appeal the SNC, giving their side of the story. As you did not appeal the SNC, we send out that response. You were given 7 days to appeal and would have been sent a SNC alert to this effect, with a link back to appeal the SNC, we then look at the appeal and then determine who is at fault. As no appeal came for your side, the system automatically finds the party that does not respond at fault. This process is completely independent from the ticketing and emails we may have corresponded on previously.

Knowing the history behind this transaction, we can reverse the SNC decision and will find the seller at fault. You can ignore the "warning" you received, but in future it is imperative that you lodge an appeal so we have a record of your objection.

Perhaps you should review the tone of your automated message. It is treatening, even if you don't mean it. Unfortunately one can only read the words on the e-mail and not other intentions by the writer. I just find it disturbing that whilst refusing to act against a defaulting seller, your messages threaten the innocent party with punative measures. This is not very good relationship building. I hope this never happens again as I always pay virually immediately or at least within 24 hours of my purchases.

Kind regards. :confused: :shock:

qball

The problem is Jan, and this is not directed at you. Sellers feel we do not warn defaulting buyers enough or in the correct tone, and vice versa. So the tone is meant to be firm yet direct in terms of notifying the buyer that their actions have consequences and that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable on bidorbuy. The same applies to sellers. If you had appealed the SNC this would not have happened - we give you that option so that we can make the right call when it comes to finding someone at fault. The reason you must follow the appeal process is to make it easier for us and you to manage the process without having to refer to countless emails, phone calls and other communication (unless it is actually required), as we deal with thousands of tickets amd emails.

So the "threat" is not meant as a personal attack on you. But no matter how we word it, it will always offend someone.

Little Miss Muffet

Surely the notifications can be worded differantly for the differant reasons for the SNC.

I can understand the harsh wording for non-payment but not for a mutual cancellation or where the buyer is not at fault. (Whether the buyer (Not at fault) responds to the SNC or not).

I am about to file 4 SNC'S for something that was my fault and I am weary that the buyers get this notification. It reflects on the seller or gets the buyers back up for no reason.

Edited by geewhizz

Cali Craft and Gems

@Cuan

I see on my buying page that under the SNC it shows that both orders were mutually cancelled, yet the SNC email received this morning states "payment not received" (along witht the corresponding harsh-toned message).

Little Miss Muffet
@Cuan

I see on my buying page that under the SNC it shows that both orders were mutually cancelled, yet the SNC email received this morning states "payment not received" (along witht the corresponding harsh-toned message).

Did you reply to the SNC Janet. It seems like the threatening letter goes out to buyers who do not respond no matter what reason is given for the SNC.

I am going to have to warn 4 buyers not to take umbrage now.

"Ignore the nasty Bob staff" IMG_2175.jpg.0d6f426d0dd394a3b84c815c41d994c4.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg.d72613eaa724e637a57bcc96ff01591c.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg.886ee0867e0a480e1ed74b67561d5bcb.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

Cali Craft and Gems

@geewhizz - only got notification of one of the two SNC's to which I responded immediately. I was waiting for the second one, but it slipped my mind to look out for it as we've been extremely busy in the shop (I've been trying to get to listing items for the past three weeks!).

I don't stress too much about the BoB staff... it is some of my walk-in customers I worry about sometimes... :shock:

Little Miss Muffet
@geewhizz - only got notification of one of the two SNC's to which I responded immediately. I was waiting for the second one, but it slipped my mind to look out for it as we've been extremely busy in the shop (I've been trying to get to listing items for the past three weeks!).

I don't stress too much about the BoB staff... it is some of my walk-in customers I worry about sometimes... :shock:

Bob staff meant injest. --But i don't think I will file these SNC'S--Would rather loose the commission than get buyers backs up.download.jpg.041045331c90cf7f40b4a53c3636ba5b.jpg:smile:

Edited by geewhizz

NooNooBug

I have made a habit of first emailing buyers about my filing an SNC if it has been a mutual cancellation. There still seems to be the misconception about an SNC ! Unfortunately that is due to some sellers that "threaten" in their descriptions ! As for tone of BoB notification...true you will always offend someone no matter how careful you word it ! Funny thing is that the real guilties don't even READ the message so doesn't bother them !

qball
@Cuan

That is because the seller used the wrong SNC reason - there is an option that states Buyer and Seller Agree to cancel. They used No payment received as the reason. However, as we looked at the SNC and could see that it was mutual we changed it Mutually Cancelled as the status. The emails that get sent out are linked to the reason why the SNC was filed. If the buyer does not respond, we have no way of knowing if they agree or disagree with the SNC, so we have to have a default that goes out.

qball

Often sellers use SNCs to remove ratings and for other undesirable reasons, so it can be abused by sellers. We unfortunately cannot take every scenario into consideration. @Cali - you can simply ignore the email warning, all that matters is the current status on the SNC.

qball

If SNCs are not filed then we can't monitor errant buyers either - for high SNCs, this makes it hard for us to make calls on non paying bidders. Sellers must use the correct reason, as it does have consequences for what email is sent out.

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks Cuan.

JanHenning010
The problem is Jan, and this is not directed at you. Sellers feel we do not warn defaulting buyers enough or in the correct tone, and vice versa. So the tone is meant to be firm yet direct in terms of notifying the buyer that their actions have consequences and that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable on bidorbuy. The same applies to sellers. If you had appealed the SNC this would not have happened - we give you that option so that we can make the right call when it comes to finding someone at fault. The reason you must follow the appeal process is to make it easier for us and you to manage the process without having to refer to countless emails, phone calls and other communication (unless it is actually required), as we deal with thousands of tickets amd emails.

So the "threat" is not meant as a personal attack on you. But no matter how we word it, it will always offend someone.

Accepted. However your system only allows 7 days for a response. If I am unable to respond in those 7 days, I am wacked on the head. However one learns over time who you can deal with and whom not. I will avoid this seller in future, despite his/her positive rating. I suppose I am breating normally again - all the steam is let off. I just dont like nasty bills and letters/e-mails. :)

FORUMDUDE

Poor Qball is getting the baseball bat from all sides now.:nuts:

alloway65
Poor Qball is getting the baseball bat from all sides now.:nuts:

Do not worry his Gnome hat acts like a shock absorber!