Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Link to your Facebook page in listings

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I was under the impression that there may be no links to any external site within your listing? This was to avoid the possibility of any off-BoB trading where the potential buyer can contact you by bypassing BoB.

I have noticed recently that there are a few sellers who are including the link to their Facebook pages within their listing. One I have reported to CW several times over the past many months (seller continues to have the link), and came across another one this morning.

Ultimately - is this allowed or not?

admin    0
admin

No external links that allows the seller to be contacted off bidorbuy is allowed in normal listings.

qball    11
qball

Who is the user?

admin    0
admin
Who is the user?

Not me, I swear :sneaky:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Jail02_zpsa06f8cee.gif

Ruthie

Cali Craft and Gems

To find the buyers that "type" their link into their listings, you just have to do a search for facebook.com under the general search at the top of the page - this will pull up the listings that have this in the content - the list is simply too long to type it out...

However, some sellers are clever... they have added their link within an image directing you offline - these will be harder to find.

Example of link used within an image:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/133052903/SAV_BRASS_LOCK.html

In reply to Cuan - the one that has been reported frequently is Dazzling Jewellers. Lost count on how many times this was handled via CW.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Wow a veritable Hornets nest ! ...seem to be breeding...

qball    11
qball
To find the buyers that "type" their link into their listings, you just have to do a search for facebook.com under the general search at the top of the page - this will pull up the listings that have this in the content - the list is simply too long to type it out...

However, some sellers are clever... they have added their link within an image directing you offline - these will be harder to find.

Example of link used within an image:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/133052903/SAV_BRASS_LOCK.html

In reply to Cuan - the one that has been reported frequently is Dazzling Jewellers. Lost count on how many times this was handled via CW.

I will check on these...

Cali Craft and Gems

As at 22h50 tonight (Fri 7 Feb), when doing a search on "facebook.com" there are 896 results! This excludes the listings where the link is in an image...

The jeweller mentioned before still has their link, and a few others also include links to their direct pages off BoB too - not only FB!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

qball    11
qball

It's only 5 or 6 sellers, they have all been issued warnings.

Cali Craft and Gems

Not to nit-pick, but actually 11 plus one that links directly to their private website... but have noticed a drop in the numbers though... slowly.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Ok so I know sellers are not supposed to put links to their Face Book pages etc but question: If you have a Facebook page / Webpage are you allowed to put a link on those pages back to your BoB Profile ?

Slight deviation from the link issue...several sellers that I have had dealings with in the past have sent me either a stock list, a web link to their products or an irritating order form regularly after I made a purchase from them. I know some don't see that as an issue but I feel they are "using" BoB to get a customer base ? Am i opening a can of worms here? What are your feelings about that?

qball    11
qball
Ok so I know sellers are not supposed to put links to their Face Book pages etc but question: If you have a Facebook page / Webpage are you allowed to put a link on those pages back to your BoB Profile ?

Slight deviation from the link issue...several sellers that I have had dealings with in the past have sent me either a stock list, a web link to their products or an irritating order form regularly after I made a purchase from them. I know some don't see that as an issue but I feel they are "using" BoB to get a customer base ? Am i opening a can of worms here? What are your feelings about that?

Yes, we allow links back to bidorbuy, as this then drives traffic back to the site.

Unfortunately the scenario you describe is difficult to control or police. Once they have had a transaction with you, they have your details, what they do with those afterwards is under their control. Should you not wish to reeive anything from them, please inform them immediately. If they continue to send you mails without your consent, this can be considered spam and you can report them to your ISP.