Sign in to follow this  
Reynet Trading

Revenge rating

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

To me this kind of behavior looks totally unacceptable.

Buyer siphiwongeni (0) rating seller-

GENUINE Blackberry 8100 Pearl, BBM Ready + charger UNLOCKED to ALL networks ##R1 Start## Comment:

I am still waiting for the phone. its been a long time since I paid for the item. No response from the seller at all. What should I do to get the item

Response:

(11 Dec 2013)

Utter nonsense. We responded to every email. Not sure why BOB allow the new members to rate sellers when they dont understand the concept.

Seller CaltonPhones (3948) revenge rating buyer-

GENUINE Blackberry 8100 Pearl, BBM Ready + charger UNLOCKED to ALL networks ##R1 Start## Comment:

No communication and No payment received. BUYER MADE NO CONTACT.

Response:

(27 Nov 2013)

Have no clue whats going on here. I have paid and have also emailed you the deposit slip which i am prepared to reemail it. Please i need an update .

I am pretty sure that this is exactly the reason why this buyer never bought anything on bid or buy again.

Just wanted to share my thought.:confused:

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

There's always two sides to a story; it actually looks like the revenge rating is the other way around.

The auction was won on 08 Nov, the seller gave the buyer their standard non-fulfillment negative rating as they do with all other buyers who don't complete their purchases on 18 Nov, 10 days later - (buyer replied to the rating 27 Nov, another 9 days later - I assume the payment was made after the seller rated the buyer). The buyer then rated the seller 11 Dec. But...there's two sides to a story...

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

Didn't see the dates, but what I did see is that every single person who rated them negative (for whatever reason) received a negative from them.

Can that be right?

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

Yes I now see what you mean with other buyers who paid, you're right!

voldermort    10
voldermort

It seems revenge rating is alive & well for some sellers - there is one particular seller who whenever is given a negative or neutral, gives one right back. Out of +- 80 negatives received, nearly every single one has a negative right back, same is true of the neutrals.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Clearly they have no idea of how the rating system is meant to work ?! I make a habit of rating my buyers as soon as they have completed their part. I do it for many reasons: 1. It's the right thing to do 2. So I don't forget 3. As acknowledgement 4. So I may not be influenced by anything that may happen after they have paid ! I get annoyed when I read on a sellers description that they only rate once parcel has been received - how will that change the fact that the buyer was a prompt payer or not ? Question : Did the buyer pay on time or not / So why do you need to wait ? Now I would like to wait to rate buyers so I only rate those that take the time to rate, but thats not on either ! Ok gettting off the Soap Box now ....someone elses turn !