Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Uncollectibility of Items in Antiques and Collectables: Crazy Wednesday & Snap Friday

FORUMDUDE

Any Item is collectable, but these are far from antiques and should be listed accordingly.

booksallsizes

Can someone check out Antiques and Collectables this Crazy Wednesday? Many many lighters. Brand new. Not Zippo. The listings say "Zippo type". There are 11 of these. Clogging up genuine collectable listings.

mrmouse

Collectables are in the eye of the collector I collect w,,,,,s ( as do thousands of other people) , and multitools , because its new doesnt mean its not a collectable and not genuinely collectable some people collect stamps others butterflys , I say split the antiques ( more than 40 years old ) and 70`s upwards .a collectable can be as mundane as a ten year old army bag .Actually to list as a Zippo type should be classified as an infringement on copyright same as Jeep and Ipod , , many thousands of listings like those .

Edited by mrmouse

mrmouse

You simply cant police all listings , I was told by a seller in December he just deletes and ignores BoB warnings and carries on , you want to see lots of wrongly placed items look under Ipod , too many to police or worry about

Cali Craft and Gems

There are a few new jewellery items on this week's Crazy Wed listings under the Antiques section. The gem seller has not listed this week, but has in the past week or so (new listings - not long standing ones).