Sign in to follow this  
autobooks1

Post Office disruptions

autobooks1    10
autobooks1

Hi all

Further disruptions must be expected in getting parcels posted.

The Post Office is now on Strike, duration unknown Started 27 January 2014

Regards

Owen

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Here we go again......

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

It is confirmed!

My Post Office informed me that no post will be collected from them until further notice.....

XTRADE    10
XTRADE

Post office of dissapointment

This is so frustrating.

Does anyone know of a Courier company who's rates for picking up in a outlaying area is not sky high. I fall in a area between Hartebeespoortdam and Brits

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
It is confirmed!

My Post Office informed me that no post will be collected from them until further notice.....

Speed services is working quite fine , i have collected and sent every day this week so far , no problems.

alloway65    10
alloway65

We have been using MDS Collivery for well over two years for our medical supply business as well as certain BoB sales with no problems whatsoever. Their on-line system is easy and efficient to use, very time and cost effective.

XTRADE    10
XTRADE

Thank you.

Will try them and get some quotes from them.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Give them a call and they will send out a rep to see you and explain their system.

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

SAPO has sure become a pain with their more than regular strikes lately. Probably unrealistic, but imagine SAPO customers completely stopped making use of SAPO and of courier services only; boycott them the way they've been boycotting customers with their illegal strikes... Then there won't be much left to strike for eh...

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

Strike season came early this year..

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Strike Season ? That would be anytime from end January to end November coz we have to have a break over Christmas coz of the public holidays & festivities there isn't time to strike then !

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

+- 30 people with sticks walked about 2km from the train station to our post office yesterday morning demanding that the staff must stop working, chased everybody out and closed the doors. Police arrived, said everything was peaceful (30 of them with sticks forcing the PO to close their doors???) FFS... Happy day's

foxmulder2007    10
foxmulder2007

We have received conformation of at least 6 post office outlets that have been closed for the past few days. I went to two personally.

Parcels are stacking up again and parcels shipped on Monday, before we heard about the strike, haven't moved an inch.

At least the couriers are still working ...

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Spoke to one of the ladies at our post office and she said the reason behind the latest strike is with regards to the temporary employees not being permanently employed at the beginning of this year as promised.

Most of the strikes in 2013 were related to temporary staff and the one way the SAPO resolved the issue was to promise permanent employment, and when this did not materialise in January as stated, they downed tools again.

Can't say I blame the employees, but it is a major inconvenience to all concerned!

(good example is that I posted a Speed Services item on 24 January and to date it has not been delivered so I've got one very angry buyer on my hands!)

Allstar    10
Allstar

Are ordinary parcel deliveries between Western Cape and kwazulu natal going through?

Which regions are affected?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

No, they aren't it looks like anything that goes from one province to another is not going anywhere at the moment.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

According to the manager at my branch, no items will be sent within jhb or provincial. Both post offices i use are not accepting any parcels till further notice. This is going to cause a problem with buyers. My fear is, they might negative or neutral rate me because of this. I've even offered The Courier Guy at a cheaper rate to make things easier. But you will always have that 1 person who will rate you on the actions of the post office. this is going to be fun....:wacko:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I find the best is to communicate with my buyers, I have sent all my buyers a message through bidorbuy informing them of the strike and giving a link to the post office website media releases page where it is announced.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

My Post Office ( Bracken Gardens, Alberton) is not excepting parcels.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

I also called my post office and two others in my surrounding area and they all said no collections are being done thus they are not accepting. Even if there is a post office accepting mail I would rather hang on to my parcels for my buyers sake, as parcels sitting for weeks at post offices unattended would just be vulnerable to theft or damage.