Sign in to follow this  
JanHenning010

Illegal practice by seller zibbedey

JanHenning010

Reference Order ID 6940265

I have sucessfully bid on a vehicle reverse camera and 4.5" screen system from seller Zibbedey on 11 Dec 13. I have paid on the same day. Early in January 14 I received a package containing only a 3.5" screen. I sent the seller four e-mails in this regard without response. The seller only responded when I posted my complaint in the questions section on a similat item put up for auction during this week. The seller now claims that there was an error in her listing and she is not prepared to honour the sale and wants to refund me. I put it to her that she sold the item at a loss and wants to get out of the sale. Is there any way BOB can force her to provide me with the item I paid for. The listing was very clear that it contained the screen, camera and wirin. I even provided a photo of the items.:notrust:

qball
Reference Order ID 6940265

I have sucessfully bid on a vehicle reverse camera and 4.5" screen system from seller Zibbedey on 11 Dec 13. I have paid on the same day. Early in January 14 I received a package containing only a 3.5" screen. I sent the seller four e-mails in this regard without response. The seller only responded when I posted my complaint in the questions section on a similat item put up for auction during this week. The seller now claims that there was an error in her listing and she is not prepared to honour the sale and wants to refund me. I put it to her that she sold the item at a loss and wants to get out of the sale. Is there any way BOB can force her to provide me with the item I paid for. The listing was very clear that it contained the screen, camera and wirin. I even provided a photo of the items.:notrust:

This is unfortunately very difficult to confirm if this is really the case, we can tell you, that the seller has sold similar items for R1 and has never had an issue supplying them at that price. We also cannot force a seller to supply the item as we are not a party to the sales agreement. We will contact them to see if they can assist you in getting the correct item.

Colin_P

I'll never understand why people buy from sellers with so many negative ratings. Admittedly they're selling a lot, but with 17 negatives and 16 neutrals in the last month alone, surely you know you're taking a risk?

They did manage to sell one of these in January for R350 http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/126985168/4_3_Car_Rearview_display_monitor_Screen_System_for_backup_reverse_cam.htm

JanHenning010

There are two products on the market. There is the system consisting of a screen with the camera that is wirelessly linked and normally sells on buy now in excess of R1000.00. (There are other sellers right now selling it) A second product only sells the screen and that normally sells around R300.00. When I bid on the item, I specifically checked that I was bidding on the system with screen and camera. This is what I bid on: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/125575087/Car_Rearview_Camera_System_w_4_3_display_display_monitor_backup_reverse_cam.html

Edited by JanHenning010

JanHenning010
I'll never understand why people buy from sellers with so many negative ratings. Admittedly they're selling a lot, but with 17 negatives and 16 neutrals in the last month alone, surely you know you're taking a risk?

They did manage to sell one of these in January for R350 http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/126985168/4_3_Car_Rearview_display_monitor_Screen_System_for_backup_reverse_cam.htm

Colin, at the time I made te purchase, the seller did not have as many negative ratings. These ratings were acquired in the last month.Also read my remark on the different items

JanHenning010
We also cannot force a seller to supply the item as we are not a party to the sales agreement. We will contact them to see if they can assist you in getting the correct item.

I find this statement worrying. This implies that if a seller auctions off an item on a R1 auction and doesn't like the price of the final bid, the seller can simply withdraw from the contract by refunding the buyer and is then free to resell the item. Surely this is not right. Can BOB not take action in such a case?

staccato

This seller used to be "Neuri", suddenly he/she is "Zibbedy" with the same ratings, contact number, etc. Admin??

qball
I find this statement worrying. This implies that if a seller auctions off an item on a R1 auction and doesn't like the price of the final bid, the seller can simply withdraw from the contract by refunding the buyer and is then free to resell the item. Surely this is not right. Can BOB not take action in such a case?

We can issue them with a warning or restrict them but legally we cannot enforce the sale, only you can do that as the purchaser. This is also sometimes very difficult to prove.

qball
This seller used to be "Neuri", suddenly he/she is "Zibbedy" with the same ratings, contact number, etc. Admin??

Same user, name changed.

JanHenning010
We can issue them with a warning or restrict them but legally we cannot enforce the sale, only you can do that as the purchaser. This is also sometimes very difficult to prove.

I agree that you wouldn't legally enforce the seller to execute the sale. However, if a 'Verified' seller suddenly accumilates a lot of negative ratings in 2 months, as in this case, something is very wrong. Would it not be wise to investigate the seller and at least withdraw his/her 'Verified' status? If you do not, the seller remains part of your Buyer protection programme, telling all buyers that it is safe to buy from the seller. In the case of Zibbedey/Neuri it is obviously not safe anymore.

qball
I agree that you wouldn't legally enforce the seller to execute the sale. However, if a 'Verified' seller suddenly accumilates a lot of negative ratings in 2 months, as in this case, something is very wrong. Would it not be wise to investigate the seller and at least withdraw his/her 'Verified' status? If you do not, the seller remains part of your Buyer protection programme, telling all buyers that it is safe to buy from the seller. In the case of Zibbedey/Neuri it is obviously not safe anymore.

I am afraid the ratings are largely due to the seller taking leave over December and January, something that happens to many sellers over the holiday period. The seller still has over 99% positive ratings and sold over 1400 over the last month, with only 15 negatives, not particularly alarming at this stage and no cause for us to removed the Verfified status. And generally speaking the seller does resolve issues promptly and effectively, whether it be replacements or refunds.

In your case you are making an allegation we cannot prove, and the seller has offered a full refund and will collect the item at their cost as they state they cannot get the other item as they do not have stock. As long as they make an effort to restore you to your previous position, which would mean your money back, then they have techincally fulfilled their legal obligation to you and have not acted "illegally".

JanHenning010
I am afraid the ratings are largely due to the seller taking leave over December and January, something that happens to many sellers over the holiday period. The seller still has over 99% positive ratings and sold over 1400 over the last month, with only 15 negatives, not particularly alarming at this stage and no cause for us to removed the Verfified status. And generally speaking the seller does resolve issues promptly and effectively, whether it be replacements or refunds.

In your case you are making an allegation we cannot prove, and the seller has offered a full refund and will collect the item at their cost as they state they cannot get the other item as they do not have stock. As long as they make an effort to restore you to your previous position, which would mean your money back, then they have techincally fulfilled their legal obligation to you and have not acted "illegally".

This viewpoint creates a presedence where the buyer is obliged to pay when placing a successful bid but the seller is not oblidged to deliver the product. It makes a mockery of your R1 auctions. I hope other buyers take notice of this risk. I have accepted the offer for a refund and now consider the matter closed.

qball

Jan I tend to disagree with your observations. This does not happen often.

The seller did in fact deliver an item to you, albeit the wrong size. This appears to be a genuine mistake and no longer has the stock to replace the item with the correct one. If you wish to enforce your rights, you would need to take legal action against the seller, but as they offered a full refund, they have not acted "illegally" as you claim.

You have essentially accused the seller of "fraud" on a public forum, with little or no evidence.

JanHenning010
Jan I tend to disagree with your observations. This does not happen often.

The seller did in fact deliver an item to you, albeit the wrong size. This appears to be a genuine mistake and no longer has the stock to replace the item with the correct one. If you wish to enforce your rights, you would need to take legal action against the seller, but as they offered a full refund, they have not acted "illegally" as you claim.

You have essentially accused the seller of "fraud" on a public forum, with little or no evidence.

We will disagree on this issue. I have made my point already. If I buy a set of Ping brand gholf clubs from you on auction and you send me one kiddies plastic gholf club, you cannot claim error. If you do not even have the set of Ping gholf clubs that you put on auction, it is fraud, irrespective of what excuses you can conjure up. The same happened here. I was sold on auction a 4.3" screen with a camera that connects wireless. The seller supplied a 3.5 screen only. Any attorney will tell you that is fraudulent. The cost of legal action against this person exceeds the value of the item and for this reason, I accepted his refund. However, I will view future business on this site, if any, from a different perspective.

qball

Thank you Jan, your comments are noted. I am truly sorry you feel that way.