Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Sales page problem!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

There is a problem this morning on my sales page.

Last night i closed the weekend with 37 sales for x amount,This morning this showed as "sales for past two days correctly"

Half an hour ago this "sales for past two days suddenly changed to 21 sales for x amount and the sales amount shown has increased threefold!!!

I also checked my account history and my fees that wereshowing half an hour ago has now also increased by an amount .

There is a glitch somewhere and i hope we are not being charged incorrectly here,

COULD someone please look into this,has this happened to any other sellers??

neil

xdeanh

Allo

A fix was put in this morning as the summary counts on the seller main page were actually off. If you click though to the sales page from those links, you'll see that the counts and amount are now inline with those results. In your case 21 orders and the total amount of all of them.

As for your fees. Nothing has changed there in a couple of months. Do you have any idea which fees went up?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

hi

i disagree as the "past two days sales" has always been per items sold eg 37 individual items and now u saying it is being refelected as orders?

and the amounts do not add up,my sales have been inflated by roughly R6000 after this"fix" and the fees i am referring to are my total fee account,The amount was less before the fix as i checked it and it already included last nights success fees etc.after the fix it increased !!

i think this needs to be checked please,the sales do not tally at all,

neil

xdeanh

When we introduced the concept of orders in 2010, we never updated the sales summary to reflect the order count. As such the summary display showed number of trades which in certain instances did not reflect correctly as you could have an order containing a number of trades over a longer period.

Everyone should really work with orders, and not individual trades, and the change from this morning now reflects the correct order count on the sales summary pages. Fee calculations have not been affected by this and we will need to look at your account to see if there is something wrong.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I understand what u are saying,but then the "sales past two days " does not apply ,because it now includes orders from the 15th january to make up the sales figures now reflecting as "past two days sales" and thus is showing the inflated sales of 9000 odd which is not past two days

neil

xdeanh

The auction that the order is for closed on the 15th. However the buyer only completed check out on the order on the 19th, that is why it falls in the last 2 days.

TribalTrade

I am also confused now! Previously the "Sales for the past two days" indicated a VALUE that I had in sales for a specific auction.

Never has Orders that has been completed been added to this total. The order that now gets completed has already been calculated and are sitting at the "Sales for the past week / month" totals? Does it then get subtracted from there when the order actually gets completed?

ATA STAMP CENTRE
The auction that the order is for closed on the 15th. However the buyer only completed check out on the order on the 19th, that is why it falls in the last 2 days.

No,there are uncompleted orders falling in the last two days sales to add up to the amount reflected,something does not look right here,

And surely then that is not a last two days sales figure then as that is not correct.

TribalTrade

I just sat here and waited to see if your system adds up. It is not right!

I wrote down the totals on my sales page for "Sales for the past 2 days", Sales for the past week", and Sales for the past month".

A buyer completed Order 7051294, and it added to the total for "Sales for the past 2 days", but did not subtract on any of the other two totals!

Order 7059421 also did the same, and both these orders were won outside the "Past 2 days" period.

I do not even know if it should subtract? Confusion sets in....

Edited by TribalTrade

ATA STAMP CENTRE

This was not thought through at all.

The orders have a default setting as per seller preference,and mine is 7days

Any puchase at any time will be added to that order per buyer and i will never have an accurate sales figure.

Take wed auctions for example,buyer A has exsiting order nt yet closed out for 1000 and he buys on wed for 200.this order now becomes part of the 2 days sales so the sales will show as r1200 instead of r200.

How will i have a sales figure after crazy wed sales with this system?and with the old style sales page being removed i cant even print the page and add this up manually,

This "fix" needs to be unfixed please.

LEAVE the individual sales and amounts as they were and and seperate column for completed orders,or something,this is making it difficlut for us sellers and confusing.

Otherwise i must make my order default one day and then the buyer must complete 7 orders over a week instead of one and that will piss them off and how much more pressure wont this put on the system then??

Some more thought must be put on this please

MacMuffin

Hi there,

a couple of points - I noticed that most confusion arises from users having used the decommissioned sales pages, where we had no concept of an order. In 2010 we introduced order-management where a seller can combine multiple auctions into an order and then process an order consisting of multiple trades.

In TribalTrade's example, the auction for order 7051294 was won on 15th January, but the buyer only completed checkout and payment on the 20th January - as such, the order was only paid up on the 20th. With auctions (and especially if you have long combining periods) you will especially see orders rolling over for a few days.

I think if you properly use the sales page and manage order statuses, there should be no issue managing sales.

TribalTrade

Mac, the issue is this:

I have auctions closing every day of the week. I used the figures to manage my sales.

I would know that I had a listing value for R2000 for example, and the Wednesday auction would close. It was possible for me to calculate within seconds with the old page that I had sales with a value of R2500 for example, and from there I could deduct my commission and have a good idea what my profits or losses were. Now I have ZERO amounts to work with! I would have to open every listing and see what every specific item sold for. Not good if you sell 1500 items monthly!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

MAC

there is no confusion here,fact is if i dont change my order default to one day,then on wed night after crazy auction i wont have a sales figure to work with as any open order by the same buyer will be included in the sales figure as reflected.

You are in effect taking away the ability to record a sales figure per day unless we change the order default to one day .

neil

i addition i can use last night as an example after weekend specials,my sales were x amount acurately and after the fix my sales now show as xxx amount ,three times actual figure because of the open orders now included.

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

TribalTrade
you are in effect taking away the ability to record a sales figure per day

Exactly!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

MAC

Could u please explain how i will be able to have a sales figure for my sales after my crazy wed auctions close on wednesday evening at 10 pm

as the newly "fixed " situation will show any sales wed night with any uncompleted orders from same buyer and gives us inaccurate figures.

The only way i see how i can do this is to go to my sales spreadsheet and MANUALLY ADD UP all the sales for that specific date.Or i have to change the order completion default to ONE DAY.

These sales figures are important as some of us sell mainly on wed auctions and we have a budget to meet and with no sales figures how will we know whether we are meeting budgets or not.

If there is a way i am missing of seeing my sales figures per day as the old system allowed then please inform me.

thank you

neil

MacMuffin

To analyse sales performance, we suggest that sellers use "Download Sales" and export the sales for the required period as a CSV/Excel to track performance:

salesexport.jpg.7ef63e32276138fd95198527f19a3156.jpg

The CSV can then be analysed or used for reporting via Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice (you will be able to sort then by item won time - which is when the auction was won):

salesexportcsv.jpg.2167757367996539d5d978f2c4e90b60.jpg

The sales-page itself never had the functionality to total up sales and was always intended to be an order management function where sales could monitor orders, payments, communicate with buyers and manage the status of orders. The download/export functions are used for the seller's own performance reporting.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
To analyse sales performance, we suggest that sellers use "Download Sales" and export the sales for the required period as a CSV/Excel to track performance:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4940[/ATTACH]

The CSV can then be analysed or used for reporting via Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice (you will be able to sort then by item won time - which is when the auction was won):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4941[/ATTACH]

The sales-page itself never had the functionality to total up sales and was always intended to be an order management function where sales could monitor orders, payments, communicate with buyers and manage the status of orders. The download/export functions are used for the seller's own performance reporting.

The seller page always did have that fucntion,it showed number of individual trades on any given day and the selling amount was given in the column as a total for those items on the day.

This was useful and available at a glance .

Removing this and the old sales page is making things vry unfriendly for sellers that sell lots of individual items,

I have already started listing less items as sorting will now be a nightmare and my sales will have to first be exported and calculated and no longer readily available,

There are only a few of us posting here,but perhaps many others are not aware of the implications and will only wake up later

on,i for one am dissapointed ,

neil

alloway65

I am sure you are right Niel, I have not looked into it as yet as my sales are maximum 30 a month, so easy to manage.....good luck with your endeavours.

MacMuffin

@Neil - here are some thoughts/ideas:

- We can enhance this page to include a separate filter for won auctions

- We can place a count of trades and value amount on the Seller-summary page linking to the above

With that, you will see auction performance for the day (and clicking through individual details). The orders you manage as per usual from the sales page. If you require other analysis, you would use the CVS export of your sales.

Thoughts?

ATA STAMP CENTRE
@Neil - here are some thoughts/ideas:

- We can enhance this page to include a separate filter for won auctions

- We can place a count of trades and value amount on the Seller-summary page linking to the above

With that, you will see auction performance for the day (and clicking through individual details). The orders you manage as per usual from the sales page. If you require other analysis, you would use the CVS export of your sales.

Thoughts?

MAC

THE page u referring to is closed listing history and if u can include filter for won auction (dates will apply of course) would be helpful but i would need the buyer username on this page somewhere?would that be possible,no info needed other than user name on that page,

That would help with the sorting and similar to old sales page.

Then if u could have some sort of amount of trades and summary of the values for the specific day on this page would be ideal?ieither as a link or ideally as a summary?

Would this be possible?

thank you

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

MacMuffin
MAC

THE page u referring to is closed listing history and if u can include filter for won auction (dates will apply of course) would be helpful but i would need the buyer username on this page somewhere?would that be possible,no info needed other than user name on that page,

That would help with the sorting and similar to old sales page.

Then if u could have some sort of amount of trades and summary of the values for the specific day on this page would be ideal?ieither as a link or ideally as a summary?

Would this be possible?

thank you

neil

Sure - I think this will be the best workable solution. Let us have a go at it ..

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Sure - I think this will be the best workable solution. Let us have a go at it ..[/quote

Thanks Mac .lets see if thats possible

regards

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Sure - I think this will be the best workable solution. Let us have a go at it ..

MAC

any further developments along the lines we discussed?

i cant believe so few users are unhappy by the change on the sales page,i find it highly irritating not being able to have my sales figures available as they used to be before the changes!

regards

neil

TribalTrade

I have also been patiently waiting....:cry:

TribalTrade

THANK YOU!!!!

The "Auctions Won Today" Feature works perfect!! :smile: