Sign in to follow this  
electronics4less

Terms and Conditions of auctions

electronics4less    10
electronics4less

I recently bought a CCTV system and now some of the camera's are faulty. Now when I want to return them, the seller says I should send a copy of the CCTV competency certificate of the installer.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/117931330/8CH_CCTV_SYSTEM_3G_WIFI_VIEWING_EXTENDED_WARRANTY_600TVL_CAMERAs_CREDIT_CARD_PAYMENT_NOW_AV.html

The auction itself did not contain ANY mention that a CCTV competency certificate would be needed in case of a warranty claim. Now I see the seller added this later to the Shipping and Payment screen, AFTER the auction.

This seller also added later that you need to send faulty items back within 7 days from receiving them. Sure this is not in line with the CPA either.

I for one do not believe any terms and conditions should be listed here, as it can be altered later. The only place for this should be in the main body of the auction, or am I totally unfair here?

As an example - check one of my sales. I have changed it now - have a look here. Go to the shipping and payment screen and read my "terms and conditions".

Edited by electronics4less

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

The CPA is difficult to understand in places. Most people selling electronic goods will only exchange on a 7-day basis. When there's a problem, within 6 months after sale, they insist on the faulty goods being returned to them for "assessment" to ensure that they were not damaged and only then will a refund or replacement be done. I recently went through all this with a faulty cellphone but I stuck to my guns and eventually got a full refund.

Buyers of electronic goods need to be sure what terms and conditions apply. If nothing is mentioned in the listing then ask questions of the Seller. And if you don't get satisfactory answers, don't buy.