Not a happy seller!

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

Situation has been resolved

Edited by TheBlackKnight
situation has been resolved

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

I agree, a seller should at least be given an opportunity to rectify before neutral/negative feedback is left - new buyer or not, it's common sense really.

It would be great if a buyer was asked the relevant questions before leaving feedback - like sellers are asked when filing SNC's. A seller can only rate a buyer once the SNC has been completed. In cases where the buyer simply did not pay or respond to follow-ups prior to the SNC ("payment not received"), they can appeal to the SNC stating that they wish to cancel the order (even though they had opportunities prior to the SNC to contact the seller requesting a cancellation). The appeal gets accepted as the buyer has right to cancel an order and the buyer cannot be rated. Of course a buyer has the right to cancel an order, but have the common courtesy to at least respond to seller's follow-ups and time spent - in these cases the SNC will then be filed "buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale". Communication is key from both sellers and buyers.

I once received a negative rating from a buyer who hasn't even paid their order yet, stating that I did not respond to their order, even though I emailed them twice from the BoB message system that same day - they obviously didn't check their emails? And how do you rate a sale if it hasn't even been completed?

Not to mention, once a neutral from a buyer who purchased a top stating "thanks"; when I asked her if something was wrong with the product, she responded "a friend used the top and ironed on the print, so I can't wear it"...

I'm still sitting with two neutrals from buyers who were both happy, yet neutral ratings were left for no reasons whatsoever; they never changed it.

Some buyers don't realise the importance of ratings for sellers, as you said, especially sellers who will do everything in their power to satisfy their customers.

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

Exactly! You know there are many sellers on this site that simply ignore their customers, and who don't deliver the parcels at all, but the sellers that make an effort to rectify a problem should be given the benefit of the doubt, remember a rating should be on Overall experience, If a buyer receives a refund for an item that may have been faulty, what have they really lost? Nothing! Its the same as returning an item to a store. If a Seller refuses any contact with the buyer and refuses to take responsibility for that item, granted , they deserve a negative. But I just feel so exhausted by having to complain about something that should be rectified by the site itself! Without sellers, you will have no buyers, and if the sellers are not treated with respect, it wont be long before they lose respect for the system and the buyers too,

With regard to your examples, you are spot on, the rating system is really abused, and I believe steps should be taken. Ebay Definitely has the right idea, they make 100% sure that you fully understand what you are about to do, and they make you think about your actions before just posting negative review ... and I believe that is what should be done here too.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@TheBlackKnight - I find it best with difficult buyers to wait a day or two to calm down (a good night's sleep usually puts things into perspective the next morning) and then either phone or email the buyer and explain the situation. Luckily I don't have too many "difficult buyers" but by being understanding even when they have rattled my cage, I have managed to resolve issues with ratings.

I take my hat off to you for spending money to get the item back and be willing to do a refund. I think your buyer should change her rating.

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

@lilythepink, thank you, We always urge our customers to communicate with us if they have any problems at all, and yes, we did call and postnet are collecting the parcel this morning from the buyer, I just hope that once she receives the refund, she rates us on our service, as there really is nothing more we can do. I just wish our buyers could learn the art of communication, our doors are always open to sort out any situation that may occur.

Thank you for your message.. I really hope she does too :-)

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I also urge my buyers to communicate if any problems arise in my communication to them.

Most of them do, and then I make sure to attend to the matter.

If the matter is resolved with a refund, I file a SNC. The SNC process do allow for this.

My problem is this: A Seller can only file a SNC in a 60 day period. I feel that this is inadequate as a lot of sales are only sorted out after 60 days, as in your case.

What about sellers who actually give a 6 month warranty on their products? I feel that the SNC window period should be extended to 180 days.

Bidorbuy should really take note of this and consider it favourably.

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

@TribalTrade, You are so right, I can't file an snc, so apart from all the other costs, I now lose the commission too! Its really unfair, I have refunded a couple of customers which had passed the 60 day mark, I cant even tell you how much I have just LOST in commission on large sales, It really breaks my heart, its like throwing money down the toilet. I hope ADMIN looks at your suggestion with an open mind, as us sellers lose a fortune in lost commission on sales that are refunded past the "snc window"

Thanks for this, it was actually a topic that has bothering me for quite some time

:-)

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police
Ebay Definitely has the right idea, they make 100% sure that you fully understand what you are about to do, and they make you think about your actions before just posting negative review ... and I believe that is what should be done here too.

Implementing such a system will also save BoB a lot of time spent on reviewing / investigating reported unfair and revenge ratings

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

@Fashion police Yup, It is definitely a worthy change to make, it will make life a lot easier for sellers, buyers and the staff of bidorbuy.

AnitaL    10
AnitaL

Couldn't agree more with you TheBlackKnight.

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

@AnitaL Thanks, I just hope Bidorbuy agrees with me too, I have sent emails to community watch and hello@bidorbuy.co.za and am yet to recieve any sort of response...

qball    11
qball
@AnitaL Thanks, I just hope Bidorbuy agrees with me too, I have sent emails to community watch and hello@bidorbuy.co.za and am yet to recieve any sort of response...

Please do not send the same issue to multiple email addresses, it clogs up our inbox and unnecesaarily wastes time and resources. Thanks.

With regards to rating systems, many buyers say that ebay's system favours sellers, even if you ask the 3 questions, the buyer can still manipulate the feedback. Any rating system is open for abuse, primarily becuase it involves human interaction. No matter how it's set up, it will always be manipulated, abused and misused. Buyers have no obligation to contact you first, if they are not happy with the quality, service, they can rate you accordingly, even if you try sort our ot resolve the issue - they have had a bad experience. Use what you customers are saying as constructive feedback and use it to improve your business. Don't go around calling buyers names - without them YOU do not have a business.

Why should we refund success fees? The sale took place, you supplied goods. If an item is faulty 4 months down the line, it's really not our issue. As far as we are concerned, the sale was successful.

Calling buyers ignorant on a public forum is really not on, no matter the issue... if I as a buyer had to come to the forum and see how sellers are labelling and treating buyers, I would not buy from you.

It sounds like you are refunding a lot of orders due to issues with your items... that in itself should be telling you something... ?

TheBlackKnight    10
TheBlackKnight

I am Not processing alot of refunds, but Items on my catalogue are "to order" which take 4-6 weeks, plus certification, which takes us past the 60 day mark in some cases ! And if a buyer doesnt like the item or wants a different piece, we are obligated to refund them, this is the VERY FIRST item that has ever broken, So before you try and Tarnish our reputation, lets get that CLEAR!

And as for why I send mails to numerous addresses, is because you guys never bother to respond! I name three occasions this year alone where I was looking for assistance with different matters. .. Never got a single reply from Community watch or hello, all I got was a message asking me to complete a survey! I eventually only get help when contacting someone directly.

Who called a buyer names??? not me , And I dont understand why you are attacking me like this anyhow, seems very unprofessional !

qball    11
qball
I am Not processing alot of refunds, but Items on my catalogue are "to order" which take 4-6 weeks, plus certification, which takes us past the 60 day mark in some cases ! And if a buyer doesnt like the item or wants a different piece, we are obligated to refund them, this is the VERY FIRST item that has ever broken, So before you try and Tarnish our reputation, lets get that CLEAR!

And as for why I send mails to numerous addresses, is because you guys never bother to respond! I name three occasions this year alone where I was looking for assistance with different matters. .. Never got a single reply from Community watch or hello, all I got was a message asking me to complete a survey! I eventually only get help when contacting someone directly.

Who called a buyer names??? not me , And I dont understand why you are attacking me like this anyhow, seems very unprofessional !

No one is trying to tarnish your "reputation". Speaking generally... sellers should read what their buyers are telling them.

You are essentially calling buyers "ignorant" and I quote "... our percentage is no longer 100% because of ignorance."

This is not an attack on you, but you too need to realise, that as a drop shipper, you assume that risk... that is why we will not refund success fees nor extend the SNC period, as a sale was actually made on our system, technically, what happens after that is between you and the buyer. If you cannot fulfill that order or meet the buyer's expectations on "to order" goods, we should actually be finding you at fault on the SNCs anyway.

By sending in multiple emails, these may be closed or merged. I cannot tell you how time consuming and unnecessary it is to send mutiple emails on the same issue. It causes unnecesaary delays, it ties up resources and staff and ultimately affects our ability to respond to all customers. On some issues, you might not get a response if we have already taken action on it.

qball    11
qball

I also had a look at the rating your buyer gave you, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, they are rating you on the quality of an item worth R19000... which they are fully entitled to do, and they are under no obligation to contact you first nor allow you an opportunity to resolve.