Sign in to follow this  
Mad about Jack

Post Office& Speed Services tariff sheet

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Hi there,

Can someone please assist me with the cost of 7kgs via Economail and Speed Services perhaps? I can not get any info from the two respective websites (again) and my local post office seems rather unsure about it.

Thanks,

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Hi

According to the 2013 / 2014 booklet (page 14/15), econoparcel rates are R21.50 up to 1kg. As soon as you go over the 1kg mark, it then changes to ordinary parcel (same green PE label though) and the rates are R35.10 for 1kg, then R4.70 per kg or part there of. So a 7kg parcel should be R35.10 plus (6x R4.70) - give and take one set of R4.70 depending on who is behind the counter!

Speed services will be a total pain! Up to 1.5kg in the bag is anything from around R70 to R90 - here again depending on who is serving you. Most of the time it is around R79 or so - not sure if there has been a price increase after 1 Jan. According to the schedule in the booklet, 7kg should be R285 to R300, but this has probably changed!

Hope you come right!

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Thank you for the reply, "the friendly lady" that assisted me quoted R290 for Speed Services and R210 for Economail.

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

Last month I posted 4 pairs of shoes via Speed Service to a customer - the parcel weighed 5.7kg and the total cost came to R307!

Just a week after that, I posted 3 pairs of shoes to another customer also via speed service - the parcel weighed just over 4kg and again the cost came to exactly R307? Would have cost less sending them in individual satchels...

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Had the same a while ago, posted 3 envelopes Economail Insured, all the same weight and value, all local and 3 different prices were given. When queried turned into arguing, "the friendly lady" shrugged her shoulders and said " it is the system ".

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

I posted a parcel just today that came to 6,490kg and it was R63,30 by ordinary mail (economail, as I understand it, is only applicable to small parcels under 1kg in weight, keeping it within the economail range, and has to be within a certain small volumetric size - everything else over that is just ordinary mail).

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

The friendly lady behind the counter quoted me R240 speedservices for a parcel 100 x 100 x 150mm, 150g.

All she said was , it's the new system.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

I am at wits end with the post office, I have been referred to try The Courier Guy, will try that.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack
I posted a parcel just today that came to 6,490kg and it was R63,30 by ordinary mail (economail, as I understand it, is only applicable to small parcels under 1kg in weight, keeping it within the economail range, and has to be within a certain small volumetric size - everything else over that is just ordinary mail).

Funny that. Not. I posted a envelope weighing a 100 grams and was charged R35.