Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Is this fair ot buyers?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

I know that the BIG sellers get preferential treatment on bob.

BUT

This is outrageous.

As listed by LOTS_MORE:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Once an order is placed, it is final. We cannot cancel orders unless circumstances from our suppliers allow it.

We reserve the right to reject any order & will not be liable in those circumstances.

We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of our obligations insofar as the performance of such obligations is prevented by events or by matters beyond our reasonable control.

Please note: The image listed might differ from the cover of the product in certain cases.

Can you imagine a lowly stamp seller coming up with the same terms an conditions?

Can I list an item, receive the money and then simply cancel the sale? "Do you want a refund or a credit? Sorry, the bid did not meet my final asking price, I was hoping for a higher offer".

Does the CPA not apply to some sellers?

How on earth can a seller state that he / she is not liable???

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Edited by dstorm

kyle2    10
kyle2

Lets hope that George Orwell's rules don't apply here...........:sad:

alloway65    10
alloway65

PROPOSED TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR STAMP SALES.

Stamps are UMM as issued by the Post Office, please note however that stamp/sheet corners could be creased/bent and might have thumb print marks. Post Office employees can be a bit careless at times.

In the interim period between the stamp issue date and now, damage could have occurred such as missing glue or staining etc due to unforeseen circumstances for which the seller is not responsible.

voldermort    10
voldermort

This is my favourite though.......Please note: The image listed might differ from the cover of the product in certain cases.

Arent you actually supposed to put an image of the actual product you are selling in the ad or am I living in the past? Ah well, you or I try pulling this kind of stunt & we will be reported so fast it would probably make our heads spin....

jogesel    10
jogesel

Not at all fair. But then BOB is a seller's forum. The bigger the seller the more they can get away with things. Obviously BOB treads carefully and will not bite the hand that feeds it. I have complained many times that BOB always sides with the seller against the buyer .This is yet another example of BOB allowing the seller to dictate unfair terms to the disadvantage of the buyer. In a country where greed and dishonesty are becomming the order of the day do you really expect sellers to act with any conscience?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I am trying to picture voldermort advertising a dictionary but using a Dagwood and Blondie comic picture!

I am in agreement that listing should show the actual product being sold. Nothing more, nothing less - even (or perhaps especially) with stamps and coins.