Sign in to follow this  
Reliquiae

BoB: You have a bug in your system, IMO...

Reliquiae    10
Reliquiae

Hi,

I recently sold an item on auction. My Shipping was listed as R40.

A few days later I received an Order and shortly thereafter, a deposit for the cost of the item + R25 postage.

I politely emailed the Buyer informing him of his error.

I then got a curt response telling me that the item was light and that I must just post it via the standard postal service, which is what was in order in any case. SAPO charges on volume + weight. I cannot ship this item for R25.

The small amount aside, it's incredibly arrogant and rude to instruct someone to send something at their own cost when you have purchased an item with costing supplied.

I submitted a ticket to BoB and then dealt with it via the Chat service this morning. The person I dealt with checked my account and informed me that my postal shipping classes do not have fees listed and that the fees that I entered into the description box are not valid. How is it that I can save a postal class without listing fees? That is a bug, IMO.

As a result of all of this, there has been a breakdown between a Buyer and a Seller and I'm left feeling rather annoyed at the whole thing.

On an unrelated note, I am aware that you use different services for different parts of the site, but is it not possible to link the user databases of the Support, BoB and Forum systems? Logging in everywhere is a real pain.

I'd love to hear your comments.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

[h=2]I find this very strange as when I clicked on one of your items and selected "shipping and other charges", I found this : (which is very clear of your shipping costs)

Shipping & Other Charges[/h] R40.00 covers trackable postage & packaging. I strive to ship all items within one working day of cleared payment. Any delays in shipping as well as tracking numbers, when available, will be made known to the buyer/s as soon as is reasonably possible.

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

South African Shipping

[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R40.00 for the first item

additional items free

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Digital Wolf    10
Digital Wolf

I would file an SNC for "Terms not met by buyer". Simple. A buyer who decides how the products will be shipped is not one you want to deal with, they generally have their own ideas how your return, warranty and other policies work.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Your shipping charges are quite clear, R40.00 - therefore I would send another email nicely reminding them that they owe R15.00 postage, if they do not put the R15.00 through or they insist on their own shipping charges do as Digital Wolf suggested & file a snc for terms not met by buyer.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Agree with all the answers above ! Had a buyer like that sometime back who also told me how it should be posted and how much it should cost ! I politely informed him my pricing was within the norms and was average as per many other sellers. He reluctantly paid but pretty sure he grumbled all the way ! Looked at his ratings to see I was not the first ...

Reliquiae    10
Reliquiae

I'm not sure why I wasn't notified of replies to this thread... Please excuse my delayed response.

I ended up in an instant messaging session with a BoB assistant. I was told that despite my listing R40, it had not been entered correctly into the BoB system and that I was thus liable. I did explain that this was the first - and only - time that I'd encountered this issue with a Buyer.

Ultimately I sent the item, at my expense, to the Buyer, to avoid tarnishing my hard-earned 100% reputation. For fear of inciting Neutral or Negative feedback, I did not issue the Buyer with any myself. Eventually he did give me a Positive rating, but I didn't respond and have made a note to cancel any bids he may put on items I list in future.

I have since updated the BoB system in the way instructed.