Sign in to follow this  
BasLyn

A warning to buyers

BasLyn

BOB in my opinion is a great site and is very user friendly to sell unwanted and surplus goods. It gives the seller a large open market to ply his/hers goods. However there are some users that abuse this platform and make it a place that is is quickly developing a bad reputation. These users must be rooted out as fast as possible because once a reputation takes root it will scare off potential buyers and eventually the site will have to shut shop.

I am going to tell a story of a purchase I made. My reason to do this is so that you out there that read this can become aware of these type of fraudsters and report and rate them badly so that they can't do anymore business on this great platform making it a great place to do one's shopping.

The story starts on the 1 December. I wanted to purchase some Christmas gifts for my family and friends. I bid on several and won the auctions. I paid quickly for all and everything progressed well. I received emails with thanks and tracking numbers for all except one. On the 10th Dec. I decided I should query this last purchase. I wrote an email and quickly I received one back with apology and tracking number. I was happy that problem was resolved. However on trying to track the parcel the tracking system reported no parcel with that number existed or was entered into the postal system. I was not overly worried as the seller may have made a mistake with the number. I emailed the seller and queried the number. An email came back with the same number with the excuse ' wait 48 hrs for parcel to reflect '. I then waited the 48hrs still nothing. Emailed Seller again who then promised to check with the Post Office and would let me know the next day. Two days later I was still waiting. I emailed again. Seller now promises to send another one in place of the other supposed parcel. I wait nothing happens. I email with no reply. This is not on this scumbag should be banned from this platform and all others as well as he is not acting in good faith..

Please if you come across this type of scoundrel make your fellow users aware and lets make BOB the greatest and safest buy/sell platform in South Africa. :cool:

admin

Hi BasLyn,

153455_131206133559_welcome_e0.gif

I see the tracking number is still not working. Did you send an email to community watch for assistance?

The seller was restricted from listing on the 17th and all items were closed.

BasLyn

Thank you for your reply. To answer your question - YES I did email community watch.