Sign in to follow this  
qball

January Service disruption - Hosting

qball

Hi All

Please be aware, we will be migrating our hosting services and hardware from IS to Neotel on the 2nd and 3rd January 2014, therefore the website may experience disruptions, delays and slower speed.

Most notable disruptions may occur from 00h00 to 05h00 on the 3rd January. The website may also be slower on these days – 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th January. We hope to minimise the delays and disruptions and to have a seamless migration of hosting equipment and services.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

svw

Good move! - a few days of inconvenience will be well worth it in the long run...

Pathway

Good luck, and may all your gremlins be kind ones.

staccato

Hope we get the "LIKE" button back! Maybe an added "DON"T LIKE" button would also be in order...lol

Edited by staccato

qball

Please note, we are experiencing some technical issues relating to orders, messaging system, emails and payments. We are busy working through these issues and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

qball

It appears that transactions between 8pm and midnight last night did not get migrated to the new servers at Neotel, as a result, all the activity that took place during that time period does not currently reflect on the new servers. We are busy trying to recover the data and will have to manually go through all those transactions and match them again. This may take a few days depending on the number of trades affected.

Please don’t ship anything until we have re-instated and matched the orders again. This affects orders, ratings, status updates, messages, payments, payout requests, the Q&A.

musictoad

Hi, does this also affect new sale listings, as i have listed 2 new listings at around 23:00 on Thursday night and they are not reflected.

I understand after following up on Friday there was indeed an issue with the above mentioned migration.

Its my first time to use this forum and hopefully my first of many to come ;-)

MacMuffin
Hi, does this also affect new sale listings, as i have listed 2 new listings at around 23:00 on Thursday night and they are not reflected.

I understand after following up on Friday there was indeed an issue with the above mentioned migration.

Its my first time to use this forum and hopefully my first of many to come ;-)

Hi there, unfortunately any listings created on Thursday between 20:00 and 23:59 would not reflect. Easiest would be to just re-create the listings - sorry for the inconvenience caused.

musictoad
Hi there, unfortunately any listings created on Thursday between 20:00 and 23:59 would not reflect. Easiest would be to just re-create the listings - sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,

I did call to confirm there was an issue and that data was not lost and should all be recovered.

I need to know if i need to recreate my listings again and then do i get recharged? i did opt for extra feature upon my listings.

I also need to understand what will happen with an existing listing which is closed and the incorrect details are being displayed.

How does the buyer or seller know where to "resume" or will this be dealt with ? Im sure i can not be the only person with an issue - just need to get assistance here please.

The fact that i was told that the "data"/informaton is not lost left me at ease, but i am just being cautious here and want to know what is the next step.

Appreciate the help.

Regards

MacMuffin

Hi there,

when we switched on Thursday night from Internet Solutions to our new hosting facility at Neotel transactions being processed between 20:00 - 23:59 at Internet Solutions did not make it onto the Neotel servers. Due to various technicalities we can not just "copy" the 4 hours of data across and hence you will find that they activities of those 4 hours are not reflected after the migration.

In essence, once we switched on servers at Neotel, the database started with transactions from 20:00. As you can imagine, "merging" data between the two systems would cause additional issues, as we would run into overlapping orders, bids, payments etc (something you might have experienced with order mails, where the order/payment does not tie up - reason is, that the mail was sent from the Internet Solutions system during the migration and when you clicked on the link you accessed the migrated system, which did not know about that transaction).

Our primary focus right now is to ensure that any orders and payments processed during this time gets reconciled and buyers and sellers get contacted to identify if we need to go ahead with the sale or issue a refund. In some rare cases you might find that a buynow sold during the 4 hours but then again sold after the hosting migration - so a seller would have two orders but might only have one item in stock.

Since we did not lose the data, we can always go back and see what happened to reconcile any missing information, but most of it will be manual and will need to be tackled during the course of the week.

I suggest that if you listed trades with enhancements on Thursday night (between 20:00 and 23:59), relist the items with the enhancements and we will then offset fees you previously paid.

During the 4 hours of issues we have received 400 payments and 450 orders - so in the bigger scheme of things it would have "only" affected around 800 users (buyers and sellers).

If purchases/transactions happened during those 4 hours you will notice that for example the email and the links to orders/payments/ratings do not tie up with the migrated system. In most scenarios we will not be able to recreate orders/bids and our category managers and finance team will assist buyers and sellers to process those transactions somewhat "manual". We will pass credits/debits where applicable and provide buyers/sellers with sufficient information to process the transactions "offline/manual".

Our customer care team has been prepped already and we have all "hands on deck" from tomorrow to assist the users affected by these issues.

As you can imagine, we will need to look at each scenario individually, but we are quite comfortable to very quickly work through the issues and resolve them as soon as possible...

NooNooBug

THANK YOU all at BID or BUY....we are sure you will resolve the issues you are facing. What a start to your New Year but we DO appreciate ALL of you ! =) Please all Buyers & Sellers be patient !

musictoad

Hi Cuen,

I have managed to contact somebody in the office during the day and they will sort my issues out.

Thanks for explanation and time in your email.

Regards

Avonpretoria

If purchases/transactions happened during those 4 hours you will notice that for example the email and the links to orders/payments/ratings do not tie up with the migrated system. In most scenarios we will not be able to recreate orders/bids and our category managers and finance team will assist buyers and sellers to process those transactions somewhat "manual". We will pass credits/debits where applicable and provide buyers/sellers with sufficient information to process the transactions "offline/manual".

Good day Macmuffin I refer to your writing on 05012013 - I was one of the buyers who were totally negatively affected by the switch over.

I have proof that I had won the auction reference 126191036 in email form I was unable to make payment due to error

Checkout & Order Error Need help?0861 88 0861 Sorry, we are unable to process your order at this point in time. You may need to retry your checkout.

If you require assistance, please contact our customer support team via 0861 88 0861 or email us and quote the following error message:

- Unknown macro: No order was found for you with auction id 126191036

I was informed by the seller and bid or buy auction that I did not won the auction-

Why was I then not treated with "finance team will assist buyers and sellers to process those transactions somewhat "manual"

I bidded on this sapphire for the amount of R201 and the sapphire had an estimated value of R30 000.00 as per the seller -

I am very upset about this.

Please can you contact the seller in order for me to make payment and receive the sapphire pendant

Annie

Edited by admin
Removed email address - not allowed

qball

Good day Macmuffin I refer to your writing on 05012013 - I was one of the buyers who were totally negatively affected by the switch over.

I have proof that I had won the auction reference 126191036 in email form I was unable to make payment due to error

Checkout & Order Error Need help?0861 88 0861 Sorry, we are unable to process your order at this point in time. You may need to retry your checkout.

If you require assistance, please contact our customer support team via 0861 88 0861 or email us and quote the following error message:

- Unknown macro: No order was found for you with auction id 126191036

I was informed by the seller and bid or buy auction that I did not won the auction-

Why was I then not treated with "finance team will assist buyers and sellers to process those transactions somewhat "manual"

I bidded on this sapphire for the amount of R201 and the sapphire had an estimated value of R30 000.00 as per the seller -

I am very upset about this.

Please can you contact the seller in order for me to make payment and receive the sapphire pendant

Annie

Hi Annie

We are still busy investigating, it seems due to the fact that the auction closed as we were doing the swop over, this was not carried through to the new system. We will be contacting the seller to conclude the order. You will be contacted shortly once everything is rectified.