Sign in to follow this  
kartell

Possible ID fraud for BOB seller

kartell    10
kartell

I recently came across this website: http://gadgetwarelimited.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

They claim that they are a BOB user under a different, but similar name (Gadget Warehouse) http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/2187872/Gadget_Warehouse

Things just dont check out. BOB user is from CapeTown and the website address is listed as Bloemfontein. Also, alarm bells start going off once you see the cheap and unrealistic prices they claim on their website. Obviously a scam of some sort.

I posted it here to warn the BOB user that someone might be using your name and positive ratings to scam other people.

jogesel    10
jogesel

The way they word certain things on their website makes me very suspicious. The English grammar they use is not quite right.

There are lots of complaints on Hellopeter.com about a company called Gadget Warehouse. Could possibly be the same. Apparently they have used several names on the Internet. They take orders and money for goods but don't supply any goods.

Street address just given as Nelson Mandela Drive Brandwag Road Bloemfontein. No number!

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

Hi kartell, don't like the look of that link either (information...information&information!), where did you find it? McAfee reports the site/page as being suspicious and a risk to visit. You can download McAfee Site Report for your browser here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/

jogesel    10
jogesel

Very suspicious. They advertise the Play Station 4 for only R 3500.

Russalpcs    10
Russalpcs

Another site to watch out for

Hi there

One of my potential buyers found this site linking to me here on Bid or Buy - Electronic Point Limited ® - Home - please note they are fraudulently claiming to be me - as one can see some of the items they advertise are similar, but most are also obviously under priced. Another red flag is that the address given is in KZN, but the map shows EC!! I am based in Cape Town.

Thx

Russel

qball    11
qball
Hi there

One of my potential buyers found this site linking to me here on Bid or Buy - Electronic Point Limited ® - Home - please note they are fraudulently claiming to be me - as one can see some of the items they advertise are similar, but most are also obviously under priced. Another red flag is that the address given is in KZN, but the map shows EC!! I am based in Cape Town.

Thx

Russel

Please report this to Woza Online using the Report Abuse link at the footer of their page

Russalpcs    10
Russalpcs

Hi there

Done that - it just jumps to google and it took about 15 minutes to figure out how to complain with all the different options available - the wozaonline site is a free portal sponsored by Google and DTI to help new entrepreneurs get on the internet and unfortunately is not policed or vetted!

Russel

qball    11
qball

Thanks, we aren't having much luck either. We have also reported this to Google South Africa and no one is really willing to take any action.

Annie737    10
Annie737

There are 2 Nelson Mandela Avenues in Bloemfontein. Brandwag road??? Nope!!

Russalpcs    10
Russalpcs

Hi all

Just an update on electronicpoint.wozaonline.co.za that was advertising as me - A client emailed me after being taken for R19000 and gave me a link to email details to - sitebuilder-support-southafrica@google.com

After a couple of emails between us, I got the site shut down!!!!!

Russel

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Well done, I'm glad its shut down, this sort of thing is all too common on the web.