Sign in to follow this  
captain emo

And people wonder why they can't make a sale

captain emo

Hi guys

Just a quick one. Am I the only one that has noticed that some sellers simply refuse to asnwer questions about their products or associated postage.

Now maybe i am just wierd but I would rather get an answer even if it is not one I was hoping for and maybe then buy from the seller but if I see that a seller has a ton of unanswered questions especially where a lot of these are the same question, i will not buy from that seller ever. My logic is that if the seller couldn't be bothered to answer a question what hope is there of them taking care to wrap goods properly and what happens if I need a refund, are they going to bother acknowledging correspondence?

It may be an extreme view and while I appreicate that there are times when it is not possible to answer a question right away, leaving questions unanswered for months is simply not cricket.

With that said, a big thank you to the vast majority of sellers who provide an excellent service and answer questions in a timely manner.

lilythepink

I am in full agreement with you. Some sellers, sadly, do not see any value in answering questions and I, too, will not buy from them.

As a seller, I find it great to get questions which I can answer with details that I perhaps should have included in the original listing but didn't think to do so.

Colin_P
As a seller, I find it great to get questions which I can answer with details that I perhaps should have included in the original listing but didn't think to do so.

Like your type 12 or 13 Stanley No. 7 plane (which makes it roughly 90 years old), which you described simply as "56 cm long"? :)

I know I don't really need another No. 7, but that one does look nice...

lilythepink

Oh dear, Colin! I am laughing! I know absolutely nothing about tools - it's something hubby insists I sell on his behalf!

Now - how about buying this one? It is apparently in excellent condition. (Neither of us would have guessed it is about 90 years old!)

Colin_P

Well, your hard sell tactics finally got through to me :)

I'll have to hide it among the others when it arrives. Assuming someone else doesn't pop up and pip me to the post.

lilythepink

Lucky you, Colin! So glad to know that I have "hard sell" tactics!

MrA thinks you are the ideal new owner for this plane so we're glad you won it. It needs to go to someone who appreciates these things.