Sign in to follow this  
Daniel58

Misleading coin ads on Bob

Daniel58

I there any way for us to stop misleading ads on BoB. We daily see coins being advertised that are really misleading the buyers.

Coins are listed as rare and actually they are very common. Coins are called union coins while they are republic coins. Non proof coins being listed under proof coins may leave the impression that they are actually proof coins etc.

Currently we have this : 1965 - 2c Proof coin - NGC graded - MS 63 RD. A proof graded as MS63? Less knowledgeable people buy in good faith and are then actually being ripped off. My knowledge of certain coins is not to good either so I am also trying to protect myself.

Edited by Daniel58
Grammer

alloway65
I there any way for us to stop misleading ads on BoB. We daily see coins being advertised that are really misleading the buyers.

Coins are listed as rare and actually they are very common. Coins are called union coins while they are republic coins. Non proof coins being listed under proof coins may leave the impression that they are actually proof coins etc.

Currently we have this : 1965 - 2c Proof coin - NGC graded - MS 63 RD. A proof graded as MS63? Less knowledgeable people buy in good faith and are then actually being ripped off. My knowledge of certain coins is not to good either so I am also trying to protect myself.

I think certain BoB Coin Sellers do not really understand the Numismatic terminology themselves.

The blind leading the blind.

qball

Have you sent the seller a question via the Q&A advising him of this?

Any suspect activity can be reported via the "Report a Problem Link" - top right hand corner of description block. Please ensure that you add reasons and explanation wny it is misleading.

Listing coins in the incorrect category should be reported too.

Daniel58
Have you sent the seller a question via the Q&A advising him of this?

Any suspect activity can be reported via the "Report a Problem Link" - top right hand corner of description block. Please ensure that you add reasons and explanation wny it is misleading.

Listing coins in the incorrect category should be reported too.

Thanks qball. I will do that.