Sign in to follow this  
Delicious

Is is just me... or does the search function have issues

Delicious    10
Delicious

This morning i got in and checked my search results email from BOB... I nearly fell over when it said there were 300 odd listings matching my saved search for an E90.. But on closer inspection it's just all nokia's. Then on the washing machine search it had all household goods..

BOB did your techies break something??:rolleyes:

Thanks - The search was just fine yesterday by the way...

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All

Same problem here. I did a search for Tacca on the homepage but it returned results for Tacca and the listing below which does not even have the word Tacca in the title or description. However, there is a photo in this listing that has the word Tacca as part of the filename.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/13690617/20_Cup_Saucer_Vine_Seeds_Cobea_scandens_Seeds_Exotic_Vine_Seeds.html

Please bidorbuy, look at the search function again as this is going to make searching for the item you really want so much more complicated and time consuming than it used to be. Surely the search function worked better when it only searched the title and not the entire listing?:confused:

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Same for me. All of a sudden I get three pages for items where there are actually only three of what I searched for.

Try searching for LED, even town houses come up... lol

qball    10
qball

Hi All

Apologies, made some changes again, and it affected Saved Searches, we are busy trying to fix this. In the mean time, you can delete any irrelevant searches, and alter any one's you wish to remain on your saved searches, we were trying to get more results and included words or text from the descriptions as well, to yield more results for buyers, based on relevance. It didn't quite work the way we had envisaged... :eek:

Kind regards

Cuan

risxc    10
risxc

yea that sql query is making a few unusual joins :D

please let us know as soon as this feature is working again, as it is extremely useful and saves me a a lot of time!

(I have deleted mine for the moment)

thanks in advance

havilah    10
havilah

I did an Advanced Search for "stainless black" without the quotes, (All these words) in Jewellery & Watches. Left (Search the Title only) unticked.

One of the hits was item 13429678. Why? I cannot see the word "black" in either the title or the description.

qball    10
qball

Hi there

The word "black" is contained in the description, if you view the source code it appears several times. That particular item is actually an image in the description, even though it does not say Black anywhere on it, it is embedded in the source code, which the search includes. That is why it appeared in the search results - if you leave Search the Title only unticked it will search the description as well. We have done this to return more results for the buyer, but we have weighted the actual words like "stainless black" more than stainless or black, so these will be listed higher up the search results, and will be more relevant.

Kind regards

Cuan