Sign in to follow this  
staccato

"Shipping fee is for packaging. handling etc not just postage" Not in this case!

staccato

I won an auction, and intended the item as a gift for someone, It arrived in the original (damaged) box, full of tape, stickers & pen markings etc. No wrapping, no nothing! How does one give this as a gift when the box looks like a dog's breakfast? Shipping was R70. I negative rated the seller. Hope I don't get a revenge rating!

His listing states "S&H fee includes, but is not limited to, Packaging, Packaging material, admin, handling not postage only"

Dunno about the "Packaging material", it didn't exist!

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/119559635/2_5_Litre_Deep_Fat_Fryer_Anti_Grease_Filter.html

Edited by staccato

YiaYia1

He will do a revenge rating. I received a poorly wrapped parcel before from a seller. Gave him a positive rating but mentioned the poor wrapping and that the parcel was torn open. After that he delete my bids and said that I won items on R1.00 bids and therefor must accept that I do not have the right to say anything about the condition of the parcel

lilythepink

It doesn't matter whether an item is sold for R1.00 or R100 000.00. Packaging should be good and item sent as paid for (i.e. insured mail, courier, and so on).

There is NO excuse for shoddy packaging and Sellers who can't be bothered to do this properly need to be reported to CW!

NooNooBug

Agree with you lilythepink ! My husband won a book on R1 Auction for R1 and it arrived and the cover of the spine was missing....it was meant for a friend. He was upset so I said to go back and check the description, perhaps he missed it being mentioned in his excitement of finding a copy. No mention in the description and the photos do not show the spine ! When I said to notify the seller that he is unhappy he said "Well I only paid R1 for it so I suppose I can't complain". Actually I think it doesn't matter what the final price was the bottom line is it wasn't mentioned ! I have seen buyers rating neutral or negative complaining about an issue with a R1 Auction item where the Seller will respond with a "well what did you expect, you only paid R1 for it" . I think that is SO wrong !

staccato

I emailed the seller as follows before I gave him a negative rating as follows:

"The item was intended as a gift to someone but it arrived with no packaging, just the original box full of tape and stickers etc. How I give this to someone in this state? You charged me R70 for shipping but no effort was made at all as far as packaging is concerned. Over and above, you only mailed the item 4 days after payment was made. Very sloppy service! I will give a negative rating. Don't "revenge" rate me."

Seller's reply:

"Dear Geoff

My apologies for the disappointed in receiving the unwrapped item.

I have informed my colleague and our packaging will be notified in this regards.

We process orders within 3 working days, our post office sometimes do not update items immediately upon

receiving to due quantity posted."

I don't think the seller will negative rate me, I warned him/her and had no reply to my "threat" (lol), will see what happens.

Edited by staccato

staccato

Bid or Buy needs to draw up a "code of ethics" for all buyers & sellers and strictly enforce it!

lilythepink

BoB's rules pretty much cover the ethics at the moment.

People who aren't ethical will just ignore any "Code of Rules" anyway. Just my 2 cents worth ...

staccato

WHAT A SURPRISE!!:surprised::bigsmile:

The seller emailed me, seldom a seller admits to fault, see below:

"Dear Geoff

I feel bad that the item you received was meant for a gift but not wrapped correctly

May I offer you a refund on the shipping you paid (R70) to make up for this error our packing staff made

I understand the reason/s for you posting a negative ratings for this order and will not dispute it. if you could accept our apologies for this and amend ratings, I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you

Kind regards"

I will amend my rating when I get my refund

:whistling:

Edited by staccato

lilythepink

Now that is a good seller if he/she gives you the refund! Good luck.

Fashion Police

It's also good ethics to contact a seller and see what they are willing to do to rectify before leaving negative feedback and writing about it on the forum. Not all sellers are "no-care"; most issues can be resolved in an amicable manner. Sometimes we just need to give someone an opportunity before assuming the worst and jump to conclusions.

bitesize

I agree that it doesn't matter if sold at R1 or more, the item needs to be packaged in the same way as any other order, securely. I've sold a few things for R1, but have always made certain the item was packaged properly. There is no excuse from any seller that justifies bad packaging, no matter what the item or price is.

alloway65

I have found in the past that some Numismatic BoB Sellers idea of packaging is to throw a coin into a padded envelope.